Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #241
eriX
Good High School Starter
 
eriX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 899
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This is the new workout I've been doing. I feel I get a really good pump from it. What do you think?


man this guy is getting a one way ticket to snap city.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #242
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy
 
JEFFERSON MONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pond near u
Posts: 8,609
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriX
man this guy is getting a one way ticket to snap city.

It's just so fukking pointless.

It's an impressive test of core stability and that's it.

You don't especially gain anyextra muscle mass or strength from this.

Why not do Palloff Presses, and Planks while shifting plates or renegade rows or leg raises or pushups while you kick to the side? Same result
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #243
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,341
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
It's just so fukking pointless.

It's an impressive test of core stability and that's it.

You don't especially gain anyextra muscle mass or strength from this.

Why not do Palloff Presses, and Planks while shifting plates or renegade rows or leg raises or pushups while you kick to the side? Same result


i do ups using a bosu ball and trx straps, they are pretty damn effective.


i also do another version using with elevated feet and trx straps.

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #244
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

So Rez would you recommend buying one of those bosu balls? And I work out at home, would i get a kinda similar effect if i put my feet on the stairs (instead of the straps) and used the ball?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #245
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,665
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I am 6 feet tall but only like 150 pounds, any tips on gaining 20 lbs of muscle? Lot of chicken breast and fish?
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #246
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,404
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Strict diet, lifting, and burning 1,000 calories a day with cardio. I need new pants.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #247
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So Rez would you recommend buying one of those bosu balls? And I work out at home, would i get a kinda similar effect if i put my feet on the stairs (instead of the straps) and used the ball?
It wouldn't be the same exact effect because the stairs have a stable foundation to them whereas with the straps you have to work your core more to stabilize yourself.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #248
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
It wouldn't be the same exact effect because the stairs have a stable foundation to them whereas with the straps you have to work your core more to stabilize yourself.

Yeah i figured it wouldnt be the EXACT same. But an easier alternative maybe?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #249
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah i figured it wouldnt be the EXACT same. But an easier alternative maybe?
I'm sure the other guys in here know way more than me, but I'd say its an easier alternative. Maybe invest in a stability ball for like 20 bucks and it would be an even better alternative.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #250
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,341
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So Rez would you recommend buying one of those bosu balls? And I work out at home, would i get a kinda similar effect if i put my feet on the stairs (instead of the straps) and used the ball?
the thing i love about the bosu ball is the fact that it's not stable, it foces you to use alot of the smaller muscles. do push ups strictly on bosu for 2 weeks, and then switch to the ground and you will feel a huge difference in how much easier the ground becomes. i just use the bosu at the gym, they run about 100 bucks.\

the straps start off around 200. i'm a huge fan of them. trying doing a dip with them and the first time i guarantee your arms will shake like they were noodles, no matter how strong they are. i love making my swoll ass friends try it for the first time :-)

Last edited by rezznor : 12-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #251
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 31,318
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
the thing i love about the bosu ball is the fact that it's not stable, it foces you to use alot of the smaller muscles. do push ups strictly on bosu for 2 weeks, and then switch to the ground and you will feel a huge difference in how much easier the ground becomes. i just use the bosu at the gym, they run about 100 bucks.\

the straps start off around 200. i'm a huge fan of them. trying doing a dip with them and the first time i guarantee your arms will shake like they were noodles, no matter how strong they are. i love making my swoll ass friends try it for the first time :-)
Looks like I'll be incorporating the bosu ball in my BodyRock routine. Except I have one for free from my sister-in-law.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #252
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Yeah, you know what, a suspension trainer is INCREDIBLY versatile and efficient. If you have the money, a barbell, some plates, and a TRX are all you need. If you want something unstable to use, you could use a basketball instead. I'm assuming you guys have at least one lying around, this being a basketball forum and all.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #253
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,341
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

TRX dips and push ups. I love these exercises (except i like to have my feet higher and the push up lower to work the upper chest more)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDisMix-ktw
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #254
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Since the New Year is coming, thought some of you would make good use of this thread.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #255
JerryWest
kobeee!!
 
JerryWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,720
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

just did some abs
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy