Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #256
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this might also serve to be some motivation for y'all.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239059
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #257
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Just put up 300 lbs on the bench today (10 reps - I weigh 165). First time I tried anything above 250 and was surprised at being able to do it without too much trouble, meaning I probably should have been able to do it weeks ago. I used to always work out hard but I never pushed myself like I have been the past 2-3 months and I'm seeing really good results. I'm more ripped and stronger than I've ever been and weigh 25 lbs less than I did a few months ago. I think using Krealkalyn has contributed quite a bit as well.

You put up 10 reps of 300lbs at 165lbs? And this was after just getting into the gym hard again the last 2-3 months?

You basically have world class strength, if you put it up without too much trouble. Being able to rep out 10 at essentially almost double your bodyweight, would put you at an elite level, even at lifting. 300lbs for 10 roughly translates into 400lbs lift for a one rep max. Do you realize how shit strong you have to be to lift 2.5 times your bodyweight? And you make it seem like an easy feat? Why don't you lift professionally?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #258
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i do ups using a bosu ball and trx straps, they are pretty damn effective.
That guy does not have an American clothing style at all.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #259
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
You put up 10 reps of 300lbs at 165lbs? And this was after just getting into the gym hard again the last 2-3 months?

You basically have world class strength, if you put it up without too much trouble. Being able to rep out 10 at essentially almost double your bodyweight, would put you at an elite level, even at lifting. 300lbs for 10 roughly translates into 400lbs lift for a one rep max. Do you realize how shit strong you have to be to lift 2.5 times your bodyweight? And you make it seem like an easy feat? Why don't you lift professionally?

impossobru.

I guess it depends on his build. lol. If he's a 165 pound midget then I take it back.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #260
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Ignoring the mocking tone - I've been lifting consistently for years, I said I hadn't pushed myself as hard as I had been in the gym the last 2-3 months. I'd been regularly benching 240-250 for a while when I was 190+ but never tried anything higher after the weight loss. As for the 10 reps, I didn't say they were all perfect form and "not too much trouble" meaning I didn't feel dead after doing them. Anyway, I put up 300 on the smith machine bench and don't really care about proving it further to a dude on the internet.

A professional lifter...lmao, I'm in medical school; I'd never entertain the thought of such a shit job
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #261
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehg8gnYJ4hk

see, that dude is a monster.

-Smak
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #262
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehg8gnYJ4hk

see, that dude is a monster.

-Smak

I'm a similar frame to that guy but probably taller and bit bulkier.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #263
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ignoring the mocking tone - I've been lifting consistently for years, I said I hadn't pushed myself as hard as I had been in the gym the last 2-3 months. I'd been regularly benching 240-250 for a while when I was 190+ but never tried anything higher after the weight loss. As for the 10 reps, I didn't say they were all perfect form and "not too much trouble" meaning I didn't feel dead after doing them. Anyway, I put up 300 on the smith machine bench and don't really care about proving it further to a dude on the internet.

A professional lifter...lmao, I'm in medical school; I'd never entertain the thought of such a shit job

There was no mocking tone, but clearly you took offense.

No need to dismiss or lower professional lifting. Was just asking why you don't do it considering your strength and somewhat interest if you're keen enough to post progress in this thread.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #264
Grinder

Quote:
There was no mocking tone, but clearly you took offense.

No need to dismiss or lower professional lifting. Was just asking why you don't do it considering your strength and somewhat interest if you're keen enough to post progress in this thread.

Eh, then I apologize for coming back at you that hard. 300 lbs - I'd call my max bench press, meaning I can probably do 4-5 with proper technique. I've never tried one rep maximum because I don't trust a spotter enough with such heavy weight but I'd venture to say it's around 310-315 and not much more than that. I haven't tried 300 again since that day but I'm putting up around 3x8 at 250-260 on my chest workout days.

How much do you typically bench, deadlift, and barbell row?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #265
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Eh, then I apologize for coming back at you that hard. 300 lbs - I'd call my max bench press, meaning I can probably do 4-5 with proper technique. I've never tried one rep maximum because I don't trust a spotter enough with such heavy weight but I'd venture to say it's around 310-315 and not much more than that. I haven't tried 300 again since that day but I'm putting up around 3x8 at 250-260 on my chest workout days.

How much do you typically bench, deadlift, and barbell row?

I'm 215lbs at 6'2ish and I'd do similar to you on bench. Maybe 275lbs for 6 reps and 4 sets.
Deadlift is my best lift and I pyramid set up to about 450-500lbs for one rep max depending on the day. Like yesterday, I tried to do 500lbs, which is the most I've ever done, and it just resulted in the bar flexing a little and me getting a headache. Other days I've had where I've lifted it and felt like I could do a little more, but usually stick there because I don't have a belt or straps, and I can't really hold anymore with or without chalk.

Barbell row I haven't done in forever. I do so many other types of rows, but I wouldn't have a clue.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #266
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

this thread makes me wanna get started back on insanity again.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #267
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
I'm a similar frame to that guy but probably taller and bit bulkier.

crazy. I'd never wanna get that swoll tho, I think that ****s up your athleticism. You get to where you can't even clap your hands haha.

Edit: And I'd still wreck you in the paint... sonnn.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLsmak : 12-31-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #268
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ Provided you play your sport well enough and take care of your joints/muscles and make sure they don't have too much residual tension, then that shouldn't really be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
this thread makes me wanna get started back on insanity again.

Hey, aren't you that beatmaker dude? Must be cool to make your own training music.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #269
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I go to the gym too but I am not big at all. This is probably because of my diet as I have to eat more, specially more meat.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #270
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:

Oh ok that makes much more sense now, i thought you were using a regular bench to put that up. I can typically do about 30-40 more lbs on a smith machine bench then on a regular bench
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: