Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Now that I think about it, I'd appreciate it someone giving me advice on foods to eat.

I'm 5'10", 150 lbs. I'm trying to build muscle mass, so I've been munching on a lot of chicken and drink 2% milk lately.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Ran 3 miles and walked 1 mile last Friday

Ran 2 miles yesterday

Both times in the heat.

Tomorrow: 20 minute Power Run (details below) on the treadmill followed by a 45 minute workout using 7-8 different weights/machines.

1st 2 minutes: 5 mph (warm up)
3rd minute: 6 mph
4th minute: 7 mph
5th minute: 8 mph
6th minute: 9 mph
7th minute: back to 6 mph
8th minute: 7 mph
etc.......
20th minute: 10 mph

It's a helluva rush and well worth it. Try it if you can

Good Thread
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Got a sports hernia at the moment so just cardio right now. Might as well drop a few pounds im 6ft 215 - 220.

For pre workout i take assualt protein shake and braintech pills
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Playing Basketball/ sports> Working out, you can at least have fun and not just rigorously do something over and over again.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I started running on January 15th starting at 238lbs. My biggest weight I've ever been was 245. I ran for pretty much 3 months and the last 4 weeks up until now I've been lifting and running then resting one day and starting that cycle over. So I usually run 2-3 times a weak then lift 2-3 times a weak, one day of rest after each lift.

Right now I'm exactly 191.4 my goal being 178 (60 pounds). I'm so close to my goal being just almost 13 pounds away. Just 4 weeks ago I was hanging around 200lbs. So it's very near if I put the work in. Since I started lifting my weight loss has slowed down, but that's fine as long as it's steady or I lose 1 pound every one or two weeks. But I totally see a change in my physique being accelerated.

Ask for food health? I bought 86% dark chocolate cocoa and mixed that with shelled walnuts. I snack on very small portions of those daily. That type of dark chocolate has great antioxidants and omega-3s. I also watch my portions. I eat oatmeal with milk and a juice blend in the morning that gets almost all my fiber for the day.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
Playing Basketball/ sports> Working out, you can at least have fun and not just rigorously do something over and over again.
This is totally true, but being married with a kid I have 30-45 mins a day to get my stuff done.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Ran 3 miles and walked 1 mile last Friday

Ran 2 miles yesterday

Both times in the heat.

Tomorrow: 20 minute Power Run (details below) on the treadmill followed by a 45 minute workout using 7-8 different weights/machines.

1st 2 minutes: 5 mph (warm up)
3rd minute: 6 mph
4th minute: 7 mph
5th minute: 8 mph
6th minute: 9 mph
7th minute: back to 6 mph
8th minute: 7 mph
etc.......
20th minute: 10 mph

It's a helluva rush and well worth it. Try it if you can

Good Thread
I personally do 30 mins on the days I run, I do speed 7 probably 15 of those 30 minutes and speed 8-10 for 5 then 10 mins of 3-4 for circuit training. Overall treadmill says I burn about 400-500 calories each time.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Go. The last thing you wanna do is fall victim to "false" motivation, or extrinsic motivation. While it's all nice and fun to blast out whatever while you're busting your face with the weights, you'll find out what you're made of when you take away the music, the "bros" cheering you on, and the really hot girl on the yoga mat on the other side and STILL perform as intense as with them. I admit, I have my own music I like to play when I train (I don't train in a big corporate gym, which means I have shitty equipment (a 9 year old barbell and 190 lbs of weights only to be frank) but I can also play my tunes as loud as I can. However, if someone jacked my music, I know I would still be able to do whatever it is I was gonna do.

Well, anyway, if you're not up to reading what was up there, it's basically this - Psyche yourself up. Don't let anyone else do it for you.

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #24
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I started running on January 15th starting at 238lbs. My biggest weight I've ever been was 245. I ran for pretty much 3 months and the last 4 weeks up until now I've been lifting and running then resting one day and starting that cycle over. So I usually run 2-3 times a weak then lift 2-3 times a weak, one day of rest after each lift.

Right now I'm exactly 191.4 my goal being 178 (60 pounds). I'm so close to my goal being just almost 13 pounds away. Just 4 weeks ago I was hanging around 200lbs. So it's very near if I put the work in. Since I started lifting my weight loss has slowed down, but that's fine as long as it's steady or I lose 1 pound every one or two weeks. But I totally see a change in my physique being accelerated.

Ask for food health? I bought 86% dark chocolate cocoa and mixed that with shelled walnuts. I snack on very small portions of those daily. That type of dark chocolate has great antioxidants and omega-3s. I also watch my portions. I eat oatmeal with milk and a juice blend in the morning that gets almost all my fiber for the day.

What were your methods for running when you first started. I'm at 240 right now so it's almost exactly where you were at the point you started. I'm hoping to stick around 200-210 by the time of my weight loss phase.

On another note, does anyone use any interested gadgets or apps when they exercise? Just read this article on Yahoo! http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...235234324.html

There's some pretty interesting stuff that seems like it can help out a lot.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Now that I think about it, I'd appreciate it someone giving me advice on foods to eat.

I'm 5'10", 150 lbs. I'm trying to build muscle mass, so I've been munching on a lot of chicken and drink 2% milk lately.

high protein foods, lots of them

Besides the usual meats a food that can really help is Tuna Fish. They are extremely high in protein and aren't unhealthy, mix it up with mayo and it tastes pretty good imo. You can also buy peanut butter with high protein, cottage cheese(tastes like shit), eggs(good source), turkey, etc..

Also be sure to get on some whey protein, drink one shake a day with milk and that should be around 28-40grams of protein alone.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
What were your methods for running when you first started. I'm at 240 right now so it's almost exactly where you were at the point you started. I'm hoping to stick around 200-210 by the time of my weight loss phase.

On another note, does anyone use any interested gadgets or apps when they exercise? Just read this article on Yahoo! http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...235234324.html

There's some pretty interesting stuff that seems like it can help out a lot.
30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 2-3 miles depending upon what I felt like doing. At first I would run at 5 for 30, then upgrade to 6 for 30, 7 for 30, 8 for 30 then walk or powerwalk at 3 or 4 for 1 minute, then start the cycle over again, then at the 25 minute mark I would sprint at 10 for 30 seconds, I can now do 10 for 60 seconds. Then i would slow down the walk to 0 until 30 minutes. Usually that would equal 2.0 to 2.4 miles.

I don't use anything special. In fact I started running with regular dri-fit nike shorts and a dri-fit t-shirt with a mp3 player. Now I run with Combat Pro compression shorts and a compression t-shirt by nike, with a sweat band on my left arm. No mp3 player. I feel more comfortable running without the mp3 player for some reason.

Last edited by Meticode : 05-24-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

6'1.... 155....

Swimming does that to you.
Lost a ton of fat and gained some muscle mass.

Before I began swimming last year, I was same height and 185, mostly fat.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to gain more muscle mass, though.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
6'1.... 155....

Swimming does that to you.
Lost a ton of fat and gained some muscle mass.

Before I began swimming last year, I was same height and 185, mostly fat.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to gain more muscle mass, though.
They did a pole and most women like the "swimmers" body. Swimming is pretty much some of the best cardio you can do. For 6'1" anything from 150 up to 180 is completely fine. If you did some muscle you could probably be 160-170.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
cottage cheese(tastes like shit)
ur crazy

milk's good post work-out? i've thought about trying a protein powder rather sparingly, i don't get a lot of protein in my diet and even though i'm not trying to bulk up, i reckon that lack is having some influence on my muscles

i've been thinking of starting to swim as well, i've got a horrible upper body physique, it'd be nice to look a little more tone
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #30
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

5'11" 165 (Lost blood, weight lately due to rigorous summer class + job)

Goals: To be ready to become Marines officer.

Starting Strength + H.I.I.T. + some Karate and JiuJItsu

Bench: 3 x 5 190
Squat: 3 x 5 290
Dead: 1 x 5 335 Double Overhand 1max mixed is much higher

Pullups: 15
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: