Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #361
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I avoid GNC like the plague! rip-off-city!

I buy my sups from a mom and pop shop near my house. Their prices are competitive with the online prices and I don't have to wait 2 to 6 weeks to get it.

You don't have anything like that near you?

Nah not really. But BB.com is really quick. I placed my order yesterday at 10:34am and it got here about an hour ago, and that's just with standard shipping. So like a total of about 30 hours from initial order to delivery. Can't beat that
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #362
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

is doing dips everyday bad?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #363
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
is doing dips everyday bad?

It's not taxing on the nervous system, but don't muscles generally require a day or so for protein synthesis to occur after being broken down? If you're aiming for hypertrophy It's probably best to spread it apart more (and incorporate other pressers extensions crushers to stimulate Long Head of Triceps), but if it's just specifically strength then proceed.

I know the Smolov, Bulgarian, and Russian athletes advocate daily squatting in order to get their numbers up a la pure strength.

They'll have a scheme where they do a few sets every day and not much else and they become accustomed to the movement, and it's not at a volume high enough to drain your CNS.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #364
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Nah not really. But BB.com is really quick. ...

+1
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #365
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nah not really. But BB.com is really quick. I placed my order yesterday at 10:34am and it got here about an hour ago, and that's just with standard shipping. So like a total of about 30 hours from initial order to delivery. Can't beat that
That's pretty awesome. I don't have too much experience with ordering supplements online. I'll check them out for sure.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #366
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Introducing CT Fletcher. I've been watching his vids on Youtube. Dude is bad azz and motivating as f**k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xXsdWRaFw

He just started his channel so he only has like 10 vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CTTheTrainer/videos?view=0

He also has video's on the 'Strengthproject' channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/strength.../videos?view=0

check him out.

I feel like I've heard of this guy before. I like. Thanks for sharing.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #367
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I feel like I've heard of this guy before. I like. Thanks for sharing.
No probs!

Everyone check this dude out. He's already changed my mentality on Bodybuilding.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #368
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just some thoughts on chest workouts guys.

What have people found is the best way to put on mass? Regular bench? Dumbell press? High volume? Smith Machine?
I've been experimenting with adding more dumbell pressing in my routine throughout the week, though I've noticed the weight carry over to the bench is not that good. Seems to simply help you out with just the dumbell press. I'm currently trying to work my way up to a 400lbs bench for one rep (not close at the moment, 345lbs currently), and I want to be able to do that at my bodyweight currently, which is 212lbs.
I've been doing a lot of heavy two and three rep sets, while adding in a burn set at the end of my pressing movements at 135lbs, for about 25-30 reps. Simply for volume, and to practice pushing the bar up with as much speed as possible.

Obviously gains are going to be slow at this point, but what would people suggest, or what has worked for them to help get through certain plateaus for chest?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #369
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Just some thoughts on chest workouts guys.

What have people found is the best way to put on mass? Regular bench? Dumbell press? High volume? Smith Machine?
I've been experimenting with adding more dumbell pressing in my routine throughout the week, though I've noticed the weight carry over to the bench is not that good. Seems to simply help you out with just the dumbell press. I'm currently trying to work my way up to a 400lbs bench for one rep (not close at the moment, 345lbs currently), and I want to be able to do that at my bodyweight currently, which is 212lbs.
I've been doing a lot of heavy two and three rep sets, while adding in a burn set at the end of my pressing movements at 135lbs, for about 25-30 reps. Simply for volume, and to practice pushing the bar up with as much speed as possible.

Obviously gains are going to be slow at this point, but what would people suggest, or what has worked for them to help get through certain plateaus for chest?

Got damn...345 is pretty damn impressive. Kudos

Right now I just do bench press (5 sets of 5 reps at 240) and elevated pushups (feet up on the 3rd or 4th stair, hands on the ground). Butterflies/chest flies also work pretty good for chest from what I've experienced. Those are my two go-to's
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #370
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Got damn...345 is pretty damn impressive. Kudos

Right now I just do bench press (5 sets of 5 reps at 240) and elevated pushups (feet up on the 3rd or 4th stair, hands on the ground). Butterflies/chest flies also work pretty good for chest from what I've experienced. Those are my two go-to's

I love heavy incline flies. I just started doing weighted dips again as well. Stopped for a long time as they were giving me collarbone/clavicle pain.

At the moment I'm just trying to catch up to Adrian Peterson in terms of lifting stats. Apart from the squat of 530lbs, which I don't think I'll ever reach.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #371
plowking
Banned

B-low are you sticking to 5 reps for your compound lifts like bench press, but using more reps on exercises like flies, dips, etc? Basically the supplementary exercises?

I ask because I'm doing 8 reps on all my other exercises when it comes to chest, and I'm not sure if its counter intuitive to my goal.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #372
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Yeah I do more on dips. With dips I'll usually do like 2 sets of 25 reps. Bench press I keep at 5 usually though. Mainly cuz I don't have a spotter so I don't wanna push for more and end up stuck under the bar lol. I got stuck under it once and getting out from under it involved a lot of squirming and a lot of bruises on my chest and stomach
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #373
plowking
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I do more on dips. With dips I'll usually do like 2 sets of 25 reps. Bench press I keep at 5 usually though. Mainly cuz I don't have a spotter so I don't wanna push for more and end up stuck under the bar lol. I got stuck under it once and getting out from under it involved a lot of squirming and a lot of bruises on my chest and stomach

The worst I've had is having the barbell rest on one rack higher on one side than the other because I barely got it back up to the lower rack on the right side. People in the gym looked at me funny as the bar was sitting diagonally on the bench press.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #374
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I love heavy incline flies. I just started doing weighted dips again as well. Stopped for a long time as they were giving me collarbone/clavicle pain.

At the moment I'm just trying to catch up to Adrian Peterson in terms of lifting stats. Apart from the squat of 530lbs, which I don't think I'll ever reach.
You certainly can. That's 2.5x your bodyweight and that's the ideal number for squat.

My nutrition is holding me back. Our current financial situation isn't helping.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #375
plowking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
You certainly can. That's 2.5x your bodyweight and that's the ideal number for squat.

My nutrition is holding me back. Our current financial situation isn't helping.

Meh. Don't want legs that big, nor am I interested in it. I'm happy enough with my squat numbers, and when I tried doing 400lbs the shit was immensely difficult and it felt like I would die.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: