Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #376
D-Wade316
F***
 
D-Wade316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,505
D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Oh shit I forgot. That's supposed to be for deads.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #377
plowking
lifelong rockets fan
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,659
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Just finished doing chest not too long ago. Made a big mistake though. Did front squats yesterday, and being completely oblivious to how sore my quads were, I pick up two 110lbs dumbells to place them on my thighs before throwing them up, and the shit nearly killed my legs.
Hurt like a mofo due to how sore my legs were already and the fact I casually threw them onto my thighs/knees. Would have been okay if I placed them properly. And since I usually don't do front squats the day before my chest day, I was oblivious and completely forgot. I let out a little yelp.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #378
Budadiiii
Banned
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Light at the End of the Tunnel
Posts: 8,289
Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Just finished doing chest not too long ago. Made a big mistake though. Did front squats yesterday, and being completely oblivious to how sore my quads were, I pick up two 110lbs dumbells to place them on my thighs before throwing them up, and the shit nearly killed my legs.
Hurt like a mofo due to how sore my legs were already and the fact I casually threw them onto my thighs/knees. Would have been okay if I placed them properly. And since I usually don't do front squats the day before my chest day, I was oblivious and completely forgot. I let out a little yelp.
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells."
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #379
plowking
lifelong rockets fan
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,659
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells."

Repped.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #380
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,298
StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

The Herschel Walker workout...1,500 push-ups and 2,000 sit-ups per day. Is there a better workout than that if you can even physically do it (and have the time)?



My boy from work has been doing it for years and he's a tank. Plays low level pro football.



Doesn't weightlift. It's crazy.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #381
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,794
Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
The Herschel Walker workout...1,500 push-ups and 2,000 sit-ups per day. Is there a better workout than that if you can even physically do it (and have the time)?


Doesn't weightlift. It's crazy.

I personally think weight training will give you the same results with a fraction of the reps (and possibly better results, depending on your genetics).

That being said, Herschel Walker is inspiring. 50 years old + and still has a body of a much younger man. Goes to show you resistant training isn't for young people only, it's for all ages.

Train on bros!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #382
Rolando
High School Starter
 
Rolando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 846
Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Serge Nubret was also known for doing 2000 situps daily. He was a legendary bodybuilder back in the 70's.

High reps can build muscle too.

Also Eric Heiden would reportedly do 100 rep sets of squats. He had legs like tree trunks. Won gold in sprint and distance speed skating.

Edit: "Eric Heiden won gold medals in all five speed skating competitions at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, NY -- 500 meters, 1,000 meters, 1,500 meters, 5,000 meters, and 10,000 meters."

Last edited by Rolando : 02-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #383
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy
 
JEFFERSON MONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pond near u
Posts: 8,385
JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Herschel Walker is a genetic freak of nature and one of his buddies has said he says this sh!t for giggles. Yes it's true that there was once a time when the guy was poor so he tried out different pushup positions and did an insane amount of reps and yes he did hill sprints before getting ready for football, but there is NO WAY IN HELL he did not spend time under the iron AFTERWARDS. That's some DBZ hyperbolic time chamber type sh!t.

Your traps could not get that large without the usage of power cleans, deadlifts, and/or shrugs. Your delts can not get that large.

He said that he eats only one meal a day (a vegetarian soup with bread) and tehre is no way in fukking hell that's adequate protein to support that much lean body mass.

He says he sleeps 4 hours a day. Still verdict on that.

SP disregard what the guy says and do 5/3/1 or H.I.T Training, brotha. This is way too time consuming and inefficient for hypertrophy.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #384
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 16,316
rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Herschel Walker is a genetic freak of nature and one of his buddies has said he says this sh!t for giggles. Yes it's true that there was once a time when the guy was poor so he tried out different pushup positions and did an insane amount of reps and yes he did hill sprints before getting ready for football, but there is NO WAY IN HELL he did not spend time under the iron AFTERWARDS. That's some DBZ hyperbolic time chamber type sh!t.

Your traps could not get that large without the usage of power cleans, deadlifts, and/or shrugs. Your delts can not get that large.

He said that he eats only one meal a day (a vegetarian soup with bread) and tehre is no way in fukking hell that's adequate protein to support that much lean body mass.

He says he sleeps 4 hours a day. Still verdict on that.


SP disregard what the guy says and do 5/3/1 or H.I.T Training, brotha. This is way too time consuming and inefficient for hypertrophy.


yeah, if those are his claims then i call bullshit. not enough protein, and not enough rest to repair his muscles.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #385
plowking
lifelong rockets fan
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,659
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Hows everyone doing in terms of their goals? I've been going harder than ever trying to get my one rep max up on squat, bench, deadlift and overhead press. Funnily enough I just came along these Broscience videos on youtube, and they're hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvH4gYPv_YY

Posted this one in particular seeing as I'm guilty of this recently... lol. Seeing as I don't have a gym partner most of the time, I tend to need to call others over for a spot on heavy 2 or 3 rep sets.

His other videos are great as well. Good for a laugh.

While I'm posting in this thread, has anyone found circuits to be a good way to break a plateau? As in increasing the intensity, no break between two exercises, and lowering the weight? Stuck on my shoulders for ages. Its beginning to get frustrating, and I have just started doing this the last two weeks on most of my push exercises in order to try and change or shock the muscles into some growth.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #386
alenleomessi
el kun & leo
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,027
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

i went from 140 lbs to 160 lbs in 4 months, i can benchpress 188 lbs 5 times, i just started doing squats, and dont do deadlift yet. i can also do 20 pullups with 22lbs vest on me. i dont do any cardio though and fast food almost everyday
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #387
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,970
sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Hows everyone doing in terms of their goals? I've been going harder than ever trying to get my one rep max up on squat, bench, deadlift and overhead press. Funnily enough I just came along these Broscience videos on youtube, and they're hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvH4gYPv_YY

Posted this one in particular seeing as I'm guilty of this recently... lol. Seeing as I don't have a gym partner most of the time, I tend to need to call others over for a spot on heavy 2 or 3 rep sets.

His other videos are great as well. Good for a laugh.

While I'm posting in this thread, has anyone found circuits to be a good way to break a plateau? As in increasing the intensity, no break between two exercises, and lowering the weight? Stuck on my shoulders for ages. Its beginning to get frustrating, and I have just started doing this the last two weeks on most of my push exercises in order to try and change or shock the muscles into some growth.
I didn't realize Dom made those "Bro Science" videos, I've been a fan of the "Dom versus..." series for a bit

A gym just opened up about a mile down from where I live, they've been advertising it for a while so I signed up early for a great price. I go there after the grand opening and find out there are no squat racks

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #388
plowking
lifelong rockets fan
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,659
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I didn't realize Dom made those "Bro Science" videos, I've been a fan of the "Dom versus..." series for a bit

A gym just opened up about a mile down from where I live, they've been advertising it for a while so I signed up early for a great price. I go there after the grand opening and find out there are no squat racks


No racks, no problems.

Just grab the barbell from the bench, load it up with weight, power clean it, and front squat it. Front squats are probably better for you in terms of posture, and lead to less injuries.
Guess you're going to have to do back squats on the smith machine. Its really not as bad as people make it out to be.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #389
plowking
lifelong rockets fan
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,659
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i went from 140 lbs to 160 lbs in 4 months, i can benchpress 188 lbs 5 times, i just started doing squats, and dont do deadlift yet. i can also do 20 pullups with 22lbs vest on me. i dont do any cardio though and fast food almost everyday
Nice work on the pullups. That's quite ridiculous for someone who eats fast food everyday. I can only do 20 bodyweight pullups, but I weight 215lbs, so its a bit different.

How tall are you? Your bench might have even more room for growth, even though benching anything for reps over your bodyweight is really good.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #390
alenleomessi
el kun & leo
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16,027
alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Nice work on the pullups. That's quite ridiculous for someone who eats fast food everyday. I can only do 20 bodyweight pullups, but I weight 215lbs, so its a bit different.

How tall are you? Your bench might have even more room for growth, even though benching anything for reps over your bodyweight is really good.
5'11 and a half and no doubt like i said i just started working out 4 months ago, before that the only activity i had was basketball and soccer
im told i have good genetics though, my lil bro is jacked from calisthenics only
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy