Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #391
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Just got a new PR, 300 lbs on the bench this morning
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #392
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fukkk this is what impedes progress.

had to attend a funeral play like 3 hours of basketball and then do a few exams.

ate one meal passed out.

wake up.

weaker and skinnier.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

that's it time for the seefood diet if u see fod u eat it.

trying to get into the tigerbend pushups and the dive bombers with the pistol squats now. hurts the elbow but literally feels like the exact same moement as a skullcrusher only against the floor
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #393
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Just got a new PR, 300 lbs on the bench this morning

Congrats. That must have taken a solid 2-3 years to get to that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
fukkk this is what impedes progress.

had to attend a funeral play like 3 hours of basketball and then do a few exams.

ate one meal passed out.

wake up.

weaker and skinnier.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

that's it time for the seefood diet if u see fod u eat it.

trying to get into the tigerbend pushups and the dive bombers with the pistol squats now. hurts the elbow but literally feels like the exact same moement as a skullcrusher only against the floor

You should be fine. Happens to everyone. Busy day, got no time to get around to everything and eat as much as you'd like, and you have a shit lifting day. Should be fine the next few days once your routine gets back to normal. I hate it when I'm on an extreme cutting diet, and you don't have the energy you usually have. It hurts the ego.

Last edited by plowking : 03-12-2013 at 10:24 PM.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #394
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Was able to get this a membership promo and brought my Dead from 245 to 275 in the few times I was able to go (shouldn't have jumped on the promo yet coz I was running for student council. Too much time spent campaigning instead of lifting hahaha). Found out though that in my 6 months of not front squatting, my 195 for a double went down 10 pounds. Was hoping to bring it up to 215 by the time the membership expired but I lost my skill too much for me to move forward. Just worked on making 175-185 comfortable instead. :/ Was my first time to use strongman stuff though like sandbags (albeit light ones), sleds, prowlers, battle ropes, so that was fun. Was also able to take some kettlebell classes, finally. It hurts, but it's worth it.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #395
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Since I have a shoulder injury I can only do chest/shoulders once a week, so I can focus more on my arms and the results are really starting to show. They were lagging behind my chest and shoulders to begin with, so hitting them 2-3 times a week is more than acceptable now, plus I never get DOMS with my biceps no matter how hard I hit them.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #396
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone know what a good bench press is for a girl?
My girlfriend has been coming with me to the gym the last 2 or 3 months, and I have her doing a few light chest movements, but she saw me doing bench press and wanted to give it a go since she thought it looked fun. She's only 53kg (115lbs I guess?) and she managed to put up 30kg (65lbs) twice. I was actually quite impressed but she was disappointed in herself lol...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #397
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
My girlfriend has been coming with me to the gym the last 2 or 3 months, and I have her doing a few light chest movements, but she saw me doing bench press and wanted to give it a go since she thought it looked fun. She's only 53kg (115lbs I guess?) and she managed to put up 30kg (65lbs) twice. I was actually quite impressed but she was disappointed in herself lol...

Well, if she never really does the movement then that should be pretty good. I probably can only put up like twice that or a little bit more but that's more because of a lack of practice. I guess a good goal to shoot for is bodyweight, which can take time. I don't know, I don't bench so I can't tell, but I assume the mechanical advantage would make it easier to achieve a BW bench rather than a BW overhead press. Looks like she has a pretty good attitude towards training though. I'd love to find me a lady who can hold her own with iron, too.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #398
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

That's good for a first timer. She can really get that up with proper periodic action.

My sister is same weight puts up 85 times 5 but has bicep definition.

I've observed that girls can attain some respectable bench and squat numbers but are pretty lousy at chins and dead lifts. Like that famous crossfit chick could do five pull-ups what the hell and like a 150 jerk and a 250 squat Must have something to do with hips and tits.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #399
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

B-Low, does rushfit really add muscle too or is it mostly just weight loss and muscle toning? Downloading the program atm, hope its worth it.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #400
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Found this on youtube. Pretty good quick protein meal. Clever as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLBGmcpqEto

I've actually tried this. Tastes pretty good.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #401
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Decided to start getting fitter. Went on a 2 and a half mile run/walk this morning. Now off to the rec for the next two hours to ball

Last edited by Shade8780 : 04-03-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #402
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i feel like im not adding much muscle to my arms especially forearms... is it always slow for arms or am i missing something? any suggestions?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #403
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i feel like im not adding much muscle to my arms especially forearms... is it always slow for arms or am i missing something? any suggestions?
Try focusing more on your triceps (they make up 2 thirds of your arms) big tri's equals big arms.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #404
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

What bicep/tricep/forearm exercises do you do?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #405
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
What bicep/tricep/forearm exercises do you do?
i just do the most common

3-4 sets of dips ( sometimes weighted if im not feeling lazy )
3-4 sets of triceps extensions or 4-5 sets of triceps pushdowns

for biceps just he usual barbell and dumbell curls with more sets and sometimes chinups
for forearms i just do one exercise with barbell where the wrist curls but im told forearms are used in lots of other exercises so i dont really need to exercise them individually... i dont do deadlift too that is probably a negative?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: