Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #466
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

I'm a stickler for form though and I cringe whenever he shows me his videos of PRs. The other day he shot himself doing 220 lbs on the back squat (With his training age, I'd have expected him to reach that long ago) and he couldn't even get histhigh to go parallel. The whole night he was trying to justify his form.
I love this as well. I went to a meat head gym a few weeks ago where they have a dedicated leg room. Needless to say this room was quite empty and whenever someone would walk passed it they would come into the gym room and give me the talk on

"my calves a very stiff, so i can't train legs"
"i broke my big toe, so i can't train legs"
"i can't sit down properly and can only lie down. So i can't train legs"

Not that i have the thighs of Arnie or Coleman, but seriously legs is one major part of the body that you have to train over any other part of the body.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #467
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i just bought this, it was supposedly the best protein shake in the shop

opinion?

also stupid question but because i live far away from the gym and i need to take the protein shake immediately after workout, can i just make it at home and just leave the bottle in my car ( a lot of heat in the car though ) during the workout and drink it afterwards... is it the same or ill have to mix it right before drinking?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #468
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

opinion?

also stupid question but because i live far away from the gym and i need to take the protein shake immediately after workout, can i just make it at home and just leave the bottle in my car ( a lot of heat in the car though ) during the workout and drink it afterwards... is it the same or ill have to mix it right before drinking?
Not sure about that protein shake. I buy muscleTech's protien cause I'm lactose intolerant and it doesn't bother my stomach.

What do you mix your protien with? (milk, water?) either way I would simply just leave a scoop in an empty bottle and mix it after my workout.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #469
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Leg day is my favorite workout. I never understood why so many guys (even the roided-up juicers in many cases) dont train them.

Those guys look rediculous.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #470
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Not sure about that protein shake. I buy muscleTech's protien cause I'm lactose intolerant and it doesn't bother my stomach.

What do you mix your protien with? (milk, water?) either way I would simply just leave a scoop in an empty bottle and mix it after my workout.
what do u mean bother the stomach? dont tell me im gonna shit even more because i already do it like twice a day..

well i guess im gonna mix it with milk before my workout and with water after my workout so i wont have to bring a freaking milk with me.. and it will probably ruin itself from the heat in the car..
cons are that mixed with water tastes worse and it doesnt have the added proteins and calories from the milk
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #471
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
what do u mean bother the stomach? milk
Sorry, should of made myself more clear. I've never tried that particular protien so I couldn't give an opinion. I was just stating that I personally have a sensitive stomach so I'm picky with what shakes I buy(always the highest end sh!t)
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #472
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've signed up to a boxing/MMA gym today. Wish me luck
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #473
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Leg day is my favorite workout. I never understood why so many guys (even the roided-up juicers in many cases) dont train them.

Those guys look rediculous.

I used to be the exact opposite. When I was in high school i ONLY worked my legs. Leg press, leg curls jumping exercises...it was part of my grand master plan to be able to dunk. But I didnt do jack shit with my upper body until a few years ago.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #474
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

How much cardio is too much when trying to clean bulk? I'm 6'5" and around 220 right now, which is a little heavier than I was when I was in my best shape around 2 years ago (about 205-210) although I've gotten a bit stronger. I currently consume around 3,200cals a day so would it be beneficial to just increase cals a little if I wanted to add some cardio?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #475
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

And nice good luck man. Honestly if I had time I would get back into martial arts. I quit when I was younger to do basketball instead and I really regret it now.

Probably wouldn't do it competitively but I wanna maybe try Muay Thai recreationally.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #476
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

just got back from the gym, trying to cut a few pounds before next weeks competition..lookin pretty small kind of nervous

TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #477
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
you just have to be careful and know your limits on certain days, some days you'll have more carbohydrates, you'll be eating cleaner, and some days you wouldn't have eaten as well as you should've.

Don't think because you took your pre-workout or had a mug of coffee you'll be able to lift as much as you did the week before.

The best way to maintain the amount of weight you push and to push more weight is to watch your diet. It doesn't have to be the cleanest thing in the world. But it does have to be consistent, if you want to consistently gain muscle.

If your looking to pack on some muscle or looking for a good diet plan I'd be happy to write you one up. This is my personal training Facebook page www.facebook.com/BodyWarehouse Hit me with an inbox there and I'd be more than happy to give a hand :)

Good looking out, I know my limits though and what happened to me was a freak accident. The bench I was on moved and the bar just rolled in my hands, it wasn't a full length olympic bar and I didn't have much weight on it.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #478
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back

Good luck, Boxing is the best cardio there is IMO, the weight will fly off and your shoulders turn into boulders.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #479
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man... I have the flu, and I tried to go to the gym that day just before everything goes to crap and you get really sick... Not a good idea. Doing back day. I had to lower the weight by 88lbs from my normal set of 5... Depressing.

It was weird, because when I was in the gym, it didn't feel like I was sick or anything. I was pumped up, fine, and I could barely get 5 pull ups out as well between my deadlifts... Now I've gone and lost about 2.5 kilos (6lbs) during this time... Not looking forward to going back in gym and seeing my bench and squat numbers.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #480
TheBrewer
Banned

TheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

opinion?

You ever try walmart's protein bodyfitness? I mean it doesn't have iso protein, it's mostly whey but it's amazingly good. If you can, snag the strawberry... it's fcking rare though.
TheBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: