Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #496
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Even if he's not natty..

He's eating more than 3 pounds of meat AND eggs and casein with carbs.

You could sit on your fukking ass all day, and the sheer amount of quality food can and will increase your lean muscle mass.

Talk about Protein fukking synthesis.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #497
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Even if he's not natty..

He's eating more than 3 pounds of meat AND eggs and casein with carbs.

You could sit on your fukking ass all day, and the sheer amount of quality food can and will increase your lean muscle mass.

Talk about Protein fukking synthesis.

Right. Must be f*ckin nice to have a 100% unlimited meal budget, dozens of professional trainers and absolutely nothing to do all day but work out
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #498
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Excess of protein will convert to glucose through glycogenesis anyway so it's really pointless to consume too much protein when you can get all that glucose and calories from cheap carbs.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #499
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Right. Must be f*ckin nice to have a 100% unlimited meal budget, dozens of professional trainers and absolutely nothing to do all day but work out
for real!

Not to mention cooks preparing the meals for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Excess of protein will convert to glucose through glycogenesis anyway so it's really pointless to consume too much protein when you can get all that glucose and calories from cheap carbs.

I read once the human body can only properly digest a 100 grams of protein a day, the rest gets converted or just goes to waste. Not sure if true or not.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #500
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I read once the human body can only properly digest a 100 grams of protein a day, the rest gets converted or just goes to waste. Not sure if true or not.

Average male who is 6'0'' and weighs around 160-180-lbs and is pretty active(lifting,bball,crossfit,...) needs around 200g of protein per day. If the same guy would be consuming 300-350g of protein per day, those 150g of excess protein won't go to waste, it will just transform into glucose which is main source of energy. But the carbs are also converted into glucose so it's really pointless to seek energy(glucose) in protein sources when it can be found in much cheaper carbs. Of course for the Rock that's not really an issue.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #501
Jameerthefear
JameerxManaka

Anyone know any good training regimens for getting your mile time under 5:00?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #502
chosen_one6
Earned not given

There's no way The Rock got as big as he did without roids...if he didn't take them for this movie he definitely did during his wrestling career.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #503
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
There's no way The Rock got as big as he did without roids...if he didn't take them for this movie he definitely did during his wrestling career.

Honestly looking back, Rock wasn't even that big during his full time career. The size he was back then looks downright average compared to the monster he is now

Honestly I think a big part of it is just that he had to be smaller when he competed full time because you have to be a lot more mobile in the ring. You have to carry all that weight during probably 100+ matches per year so its ideal to me smaller and more mobile. Now that he only has to do one match per year (2-3 at most) he can be a lot bigger. Even if you saw his WM match and match against Punk, you can definitely tell all that extra "movie" weight is harder to carry in the ring because he slowed down after like 10 minutes in the ring.

So i mean I'm sure if his goal was to be as big as possible he easily could have done it back then, but time (you can't work out as much when youre on the road 48 out of 52 weeks of the year) and the need to stay mobile probably kept him smaller. Like I said, his ONLY goal is to be as big as possible for this movie. With all those resources he could easily do it without roids.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #504
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

had an injury last year that kept me out for 3 months.

once i got back on the court i was in really bad shape and it has taken me a while to drop the excess weight (gained like 25 lbs, wasnt aloud to run, lift, anything!)

The past 2 months i've made more progress than all the other months combined. I'm 6'2, weighed 200 the first time I exercised after my surgery, now I'm at 180, in the past 2 months I lost 7 lbs alone.

Had a back problem 2 months ago and had to do corrective exercises, since then I've gotten my bounce back, really have focused on only bodyweight exercises (pullups, dips, pushups etc) and core strengthening. Next step to get back in the gym starting from scratch.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #505
chosen_one6
Earned not given

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Honestly looking back, Rock wasn't even that big during his full time career. The size he was back then looks downright average compared to the monster he is now

Honestly I think a big part of it is just that he had to be smaller when he competed full time because you have to be a lot more mobile in the ring. You have to carry all that weight during probably 100+ matches per year so its ideal to me smaller and more mobile. Now that he only has to do one match per year (2-3 at most) he can be a lot bigger. Even if you saw his WM match and match against Punk, you can definitely tell all that extra "movie" weight is harder to carry in the ring because he slowed down after like 10 minutes in the ring.

So i mean I'm sure if his goal was to be as big as possible he easily could have done it back then, but time (you can't work out as much when youre on the road 48 out of 52 weeks of the year) and the need to stay mobile probably kept him smaller. Like I said, his ONLY goal is to be as big as possible for this movie. With all those resources he could easily do it without roids.

The human body has a plateau for how much muscle it can gain naturally. I'd wager that The Rock had reached it before the point he is at now and the only way to get past that plateau is to take something to help.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #506
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
The human body has a plateau for how much muscle it can gain naturally. I'd wager that The Rock had reached it before the point he is at now and the only way to get past that plateau is to take something to help.

Excatly. Just look at pro natural bodybuilders how hard they try to achieve best form possible and how different they look compared to the Rock or other roid bodybuilders.

Funniest thing about it is how those people try to play it off like it's the ''healthy'' foods which made them look the way they look. Chicken, complex carbs, eggs, olive oil, vegetables, avocado, beef and we are almost running out of foods we are allowed to eat.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #507
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
The Rock looks huge! Bit over the top in my opinion but he has bulked up for a role I suppose.

I also don't think he has done steroids. This man has been working out for decades now so it's not like he had to start from scratch to get there.

My bad. I meant to say that I think he DID have some "supplementation." Like I said, he's in MUCH more tremendous shape than he was when he was wrestling. I don't think it's common for for athletes to get THAT jacked after their performing days. Regardless of whether he roided up or not, you still need to do work for roids to work, and he knows how to put in work.

Burgz, good luck on that. I'm sure you've built yourself a solid foundation with your calisthenics. I don't think it'll be that hard for you to get your strength back. Cheers!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #508
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Never! ever! use synthol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4vCsDFX-g
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #509
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
LMAO, I bet he tells people "100% natty bro"
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #510
plowking
greeting earthlings

Do people have a dedicated arm day, or do you just work in triceps with chest and biceps with back?

I notice I've lost a bit of size in my arms, though I've stopped doing them completely recently (last few weeks) as a isolating exercise (aka bicep curls, tricep pulldowns, etc) as I've been focusing simply on getting a few of my major lifts up in weight. I've done that now, and want to get back to simply just looking good.

Do most people have a dedicated arm day, or mix it in with your other body parts? Which have you found to be more effective? I used to have a dedicated arm day, but I'm thinking to work it in this time, since I like having 2 chest or back days alternating each week.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: