Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #526
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Anyone here want to shed some light on ReFeed Days? From what i've read the macros you consume are based on how your body responds so it differs for everyone? Any truth to that? I've gone 50% above maintenance today, have my protein at about 1.2g per lb of body weight and i've tried to keep my fats at a minimal. Hopefully this won't be a huge set back for me...
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #527
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Anyone here want to shed some light on ReFeed Days? From what i've read the macros you consume are based on how your body responds so it differs for everyone? Any truth to that? I've gone 50% above maintenance today, have my protein at about 1.2g per lb of body weight and i've tried to keep my fats at a minimal. Hopefully this won't be a huge set back for me...

What exactly is your goal, you trying to lose weight?

If so, one day isn't going to kill you, I have ridiculous cheat days where I'm around 5000 calories every once in a while.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #528
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
What exactly is your goal, you trying to lose weight?

If so, one day isn't going to kill you, I have ridiculous cheat days where I'm around 5000 calories every once in a while.

Yeah, i've been at it for a while now...i'd like to say i'm near the end of my cutting phase.

So do u think I went overboard with my refeed today?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #529
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yeah, i've been at it for a while now...i'd like to say i'm near the end of my cutting phase.

So do u think I went overboard with my refeed today?

No, I don't think you went overboard, 50% above maintenance is your basic cheat day.

The other day I had a belgian waffle, 5 scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, turkey bacon, oatmeal and some hash browns, lunch was 5 guys double cheeseburger, small fires, dinner was 6 slices of pizza, and then I had 2 small burritos later on in the night. If you're gonna cheat, cheat big.

The following day I had oats for breakfast, chicken wrap for lunch and chicken ceasar salad for dinner.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #530
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
No, I don't think you went overboard, 50% above maintenance is your basic cheat day.

The other day I had a belgian waffle, 5 scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, turkey bacon, oatmeal and some hash browns, lunch was 5 guys double cheeseburger, small fires, dinner was 6 slices of pizza, and then I had 2 small burritos later on in the night. If you're gonna cheat, cheat big.

The following day I had oats for breakfast, chicken wrap for lunch and chicken ceasar salad for dinner.

So would u consider what I had a cheat day instead of a refeed? If so that would be so fail on my part because I could have had way better foods to eat...I basc ate a bunch of low fat pastries and low fat ice cream today
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #531
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
So would u consider what I had a cheat day instead of a refeed? If so that would be so fail on my part because I could have had way better foods to eat...I basc ate a bunch of low fat pastries and low fat ice cream today

I define anything over maintenance as a cheat day, I don't think everyone else would, but either way it's not going to hurt you.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #532
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I started to workout 3 weeks ago at 145 (I'm 5'6), today I'm at 165.

No protein shakes, no creatine or any other supplements at all. I don't go to the gym either.

I basically just eat more bread, tortillas and bananas.

I do tons of pushups with the perfect pushup and dumbbell curls. I try to workout 3 times a day. I don't have a routine per se.

I wake up at 7 am and workout for 30 minutes before work. I do a combination of pushups, triceps extensions and curls. I workout when I get home from work, depending on how tired I am depends on how long my routine is. And before I go to sleep.

I do some regular pushups to warmup my body, then I move to heavy curls. After that I do a set of perfect pushups, I start with the normal set, then I go wide then I do closed in pushups. I do triceps, start off heavy then go back to curls (lighter weight), then go back to pushups, then triceps again.

I concentrate on quality over quantity, which means my form and keeping everything locked into place.

This is me before:

Me after:

Not bad for 3 weeks

Last edited by andgar923 : 05-06-2013 at 01:30 AM.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #533
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Just to further the talk on arms, I just watched this Kai Greene video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4

Did my arm workout, and followed the advice. Damn is all I can say....
I'm usually bicep curling 50lbs after 4 sets of chin ups, but doing that squeezing and contracting method (and I'm talking about hard squeezes), 25lbs dumbbells feel like 100lbs.
I think this is a much better method of adding mass to you arms instead of going reasonably heavy. Obviously not so heavy that you start swinging, which you see a lot of people do in the gym.

I just saw this the other day as well.

It's funny to see many bodybuilders swing and jerk tho. Ever watch a Ronnie vid? he swings and jerks like a mufuKa, but he gets results.

I agree with Kai's advice tho, that's what I've done on and off throughout the years.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #534
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I just saw this the other day as well.

It's funny to see many bodybuilders swing and jerk tho. Ever watch a Ronnie vid? he swings and jerks like a mufuKa, but he gets results.

I agree with Kai's advice tho, that's what I've done on and off throughout the years.

Outside of squats and deadlifts, form usually goes out the window when you're using some heavy ass weights.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #535
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Something so simple and so obvious, I don't know why I didn't do this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XppV1_0dCHw
Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #536
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

HeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

Thats because that dude is on crazy amounts of hormones and test. When you take all the shit those dudes do you can do whatever you want and get gains.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #537
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fquDTF09bk

Alabama's weight room
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #538
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

get your weight up !
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #539
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

So I was getting sick of doing sit-ups and leg raises for my abs and was seeking a new exercise. Came up with this.

The Ab wheel. Brozzz, I'm telling you this thing is killer for your abs and core strength. Been using it for 2 weeks and have already seen significant improvement in my Abs.

You can pick one up at Walmart for like 10 bucks. Well worth the investment.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #540
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 is considered somewhat coolchosen_one6 is considered somewhat cool

Finally got to 190 pounds...in my bulking phase right now. I'll be bulking for another two weeks and then I'm going to cut for 2 months.

How long do y'all generally wait when you change cycles?
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: