Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #541
sunsfan1357
Word.

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
What's up with octagon plates? How do they differ from regular olympic steel plates?

Just curious, I've never used them.
When putting the bar back down on deads the corners make the plates land at a weird angle and bar is put out of place so I (not sure about anyone else) have to roll the bar back, get it even, and go through my set up again. It still works, but its pretty frustrating for me as I like the rhythm that normal bumper plates allow me to get in on deadlifts.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #542
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Just hit 300 on the Dead today. Aiming to reach 2xBW or 355 by the end of the year.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #543
alenleomessi
W

i've bought mutant mass gainer, anyone tried it?

it got by far the best taste of all the products ive had so far and it was pretty cheap
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #544
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Not here they ain't. And I just need to bring up my bank again. Trying to save up every bit of allowance I can get just for the sake of saving plus I still got a TRX here that I can do the rollouts on somewhat. Plus crawling, except that you can only go as far as the straps go, of course. Nevertheless that shit's awesome though.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=ab+wheel
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #545
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i've bought mutant mass gainer, anyone tried it?

it got by far the best taste of all the products ive had so far and it was pretty cheap

Never tried any 'Mass Gainer'. The only sups I take are Pre-workout, Protein (New Zealand brand, thanks Mamba ) and started taking creatine about a month ago. (Usually cycle off it after summer is over). I'd consider a Mass Gainer maybe in the off season, but not during summer, personally. Cause of my body type. If I was skinnier, I'd probably consider it.

Let us know how it works for you.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #546
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Never tried any 'Mass Gainer'. The only sups I take are Pre-workout, Protein (New Zealand brand, thanks Mamba ) and started taking creatine about a month ago. (Usually cycle off it after summer is over). I'd consider a Mass Gainer maybe in the off season, but not during summer, personally. Cause of my body type. If I was skinnier, I'd probably consider it.

Let us know how it works for you.

See I'm the opposite I usually only use creatine when its cold out. Usually like October-March. I just prefer to have the extra weight in the winter I guess lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #547
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
See I'm the opposite I usually only use creatine when its cold out. Usually like October-March. I just prefer to have the extra weight in the winter I guess lol

I hear ya. I like how it keeps my muscle looking full, which is the reason I like it in the summer. Soon as I go off it, I deflate like a balloon. lol
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #548
alenleomessi
W

the last few days since i bought the gainer ive spent more time in the toilet than the gym
Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #549
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
the last few days since i bought the gainer ive spent more time in the toilet than the gym

Calorie is a calorie, protein is a protein, fat is a fat and carb is a carb. You DON'T NEED all those supplements, it's a waste of money. Maybe fish oil and some vitamin/mineral for long-term health and that's it!
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #550
alenleomessi
W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Calorie is a calorie, protein is a protein, fat is a fat and carb is a carb. You DON'T NEED all those supplements, it's a waste of money. Maybe fish oil and some vitamin/mineral for long-term health and that's it!
i have this friend of mine who tells me same thing when i buy a supplement: 'just eat your goddamn food bro' .... but he used to be fat before he joined gym, so its easier for him to eat a lot of food... but not for me, ive been skinny my whole life and just started working out 6 months ago and added some mass... the same money i give for supplements i would probably give it for food anyway ( if i could eat more )
Old 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #551
abuC
Cuba

The only supplements I take are Whey protein since I can't hit my protein macros with just food and Fish Oil, which has my skin looking like a million bucks.

Outside of that I don't take anything else, don't really see the point.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #552
JEFFERSON MONEY
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
The only supplements I take are Whey protein since I can't hit my protein macros with just food and Fish Oil, which has my skin looking like a million bucks.

Outside of that I don't take anything else, don't really see the point.

Dude why don't you start juicing already?

Like in all serious you're huge, strong, and look intimidating as fukk, why not just add a cycle of Trenbolone, Winstrol, Test Enanthate with some liver cleansers and PCT therapy.

YOu could reach new heights man.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #553
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

I'll say it again - I've made the best gains in my life making sure I eat LOADS of real food. The one year I used whey powders, I got leaner but I was looked a shitty kind of skinny. I really believe if you just keep eating real foods and take out any of the unnecessary, processed stuff (sugars, wheat products, and all that), you'll make gains. The pace depends on you, but you WILL make shit happen. Heck, you don't even need to count macros and calories anymore, just keep eating and find what schedule works for you.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #554
lilojmayo
TP23

have yall got ya weight up yet?
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #555
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Dude why don't you start juicing already?

Like in all serious you're huge, strong, and look intimidating as fukk, why not just add a cycle of Trenbolone, Winstrol, Test Enanthate with some liver cleansers and PCT therapy.

YOu could reach new heights man.

Nah man, I lift/workout to maintain my health, putting all that stuff in my body would defeat the purpose of why I do it. I'm already starting to approach the limits of how big I want to be, my arms are just under 19", my chest is 49" and I honestly don't want to get much bigger than I am now. My goal now is just to get down to 215-220lbs and be in the 11-13% body fat range, lean out and get more vascularity.

Plus, once you get off the gear your strength gains generally go out the window. Nevermind the fact that I am a huge cheapskate!

Last edited by abuC : 05-25-2013 at 02:59 AM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: