Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #556
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Reading this thread just motivated me to start working out.

Thanks guys
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #557
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ Training is very rewarding. Good luck on your journey, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
True. Similar to to Swiss Ball, only 100 times harder. Go pick one up bro,
trust me.

Lolz I gotta get some bread first. I've been training really hard and joining classes at this gym I've been going to (not your regular commercial gym though. Stuff and equipment's legit and they pride themselves in being called "sports performance center") coz I really want to work part time there. My best friend was interning there and after a couple months started getting paid. Aside from that though, what they do is amazing and while I still can, it'd be great to experience working there and doing another thing I love to do while helping people out.

And Olympic Bars work well there too since the ends can roll and stuff.

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 05-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #558
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Octagon plates oh how I loathe thee. I can never get in a rhythm with them when deadlifting. I'm back in San Diego for the time being and the closest gym doesn't have any bumper plates at all
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #559
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Lolz I gotta get some bread first. .

Ab wheels are 10 bucks. Pretty sure you could scrounge that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Octagon plates oh how I loathe thee. I can never get in a rhythm with them when deadlifting. I'm back in San Diego for the time being and the closest gym doesn't have any bumper plates at all

What's up with octagon plates? How do they differ from regular olympic steel plates?

Just curious, I've never used them.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #560
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
i do hand walkouts which are basically the same idea. after a set you feel like someone hit you in the stomach with the sledgehammer...in a good way though
Pretty much. When I use the Ab wheel. I feel like my stomach is going to rip apart. Sh!t is intense.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #561
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Ab wheels are 10 bucks. Pretty sure you could scrounge that up.

Not here they ain't. And I just need to bring up my bank again. Trying to save up every bit of allowance I can get just for the sake of saving plus I still got a TRX here that I can do the rollouts on somewhat. Plus crawling, except that you can only go as far as the straps go, of course. Nevertheless that shit's awesome though.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #562
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Not here they ain't. And I just need to bring up my bank again. Trying to save up every bit of allowance I can get just for the sake of saving plus I still got a TRX here that I can do the rollouts on somewhat. Plus crawling, except that you can only go as far as the straps go, of course. Nevertheless that shit's awesome though.
Fair enough. I was young and broke at one time too. There are definitely exercises that mimic that ab wheels movement. Train on brah!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #563
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Cut is going great, lost a lot of fat and some inches off my waist and strength hasn't dropped much at all. Should be down to about 12% body fat and 215-220lbs by 2nd or 3rd week of June.

Last edited by abuC : 05-22-2013 at 12:28 AM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #564
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What's up with octagon plates? How do they differ from regular olympic steel plates?

Just curious, I've never used them.
When putting the bar back down on deads the corners make the plates land at a weird angle and bar is put out of place so I (not sure about anyone else) have to roll the bar back, get it even, and go through my set up again. It still works, but its pretty frustrating for me as I like the rhythm that normal bumper plates allow me to get in on deadlifts.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #565
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Just hit 300 on the Dead today. Aiming to reach 2xBW or 355 by the end of the year.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #566
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i've bought mutant mass gainer, anyone tried it?

it got by far the best taste of all the products ive had so far and it was pretty cheap
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #567
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=ab+wheel
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #568
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i've bought mutant mass gainer, anyone tried it?

it got by far the best taste of all the products ive had so far and it was pretty cheap

Never tried any 'Mass Gainer'. The only sups I take are Pre-workout, Protein (New Zealand brand, thanks Mamba ) and started taking creatine about a month ago. (Usually cycle off it after summer is over). I'd consider a Mass Gainer maybe in the off season, but not during summer, personally. Cause of my body type. If I was skinnier, I'd probably consider it.

Let us know how it works for you.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #569
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Never tried any 'Mass Gainer'. The only sups I take are Pre-workout, Protein (New Zealand brand, thanks Mamba ) and started taking creatine about a month ago. (Usually cycle off it after summer is over). I'd consider a Mass Gainer maybe in the off season, but not during summer, personally. Cause of my body type. If I was skinnier, I'd probably consider it.

Let us know how it works for you.

See I'm the opposite I usually only use creatine when its cold out. Usually like October-March. I just prefer to have the extra weight in the winter I guess lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #570
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
See I'm the opposite I usually only use creatine when its cold out. Usually like October-March. I just prefer to have the extra weight in the winter I guess lol

I hear ya. I like how it keeps my muscle looking full, which is the reason I like it in the summer. Soon as I go off it, I deflate like a balloon. lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: