Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #571
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

the last few days since i bought the gainer ive spent more time in the toilet than the gym
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #572
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
the last few days since i bought the gainer ive spent more time in the toilet than the gym

Calorie is a calorie, protein is a protein, fat is a fat and carb is a carb. You DON'T NEED all those supplements, it's a waste of money. Maybe fish oil and some vitamin/mineral for long-term health and that's it!
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #573
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Calorie is a calorie, protein is a protein, fat is a fat and carb is a carb. You DON'T NEED all those supplements, it's a waste of money. Maybe fish oil and some vitamin/mineral for long-term health and that's it!
i have this friend of mine who tells me same thing when i buy a supplement: 'just eat your goddamn food bro' .... but he used to be fat before he joined gym, so its easier for him to eat a lot of food... but not for me, ive been skinny my whole life and just started working out 6 months ago and added some mass... the same money i give for supplements i would probably give it for food anyway ( if i could eat more )
Old 05-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #574
abuC
Cuba

The only supplements I take are Whey protein since I can't hit my protein macros with just food and Fish Oil, which has my skin looking like a million bucks.

Outside of that I don't take anything else, don't really see the point.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #575
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
The only supplements I take are Whey protein since I can't hit my protein macros with just food and Fish Oil, which has my skin looking like a million bucks.

Outside of that I don't take anything else, don't really see the point.

Dude why don't you start juicing already?

Like in all serious you're huge, strong, and look intimidating as fukk, why not just add a cycle of Trenbolone, Winstrol, Test Enanthate with some liver cleansers and PCT therapy.

YOu could reach new heights man.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #576
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

I'll say it again - I've made the best gains in my life making sure I eat LOADS of real food. The one year I used whey powders, I got leaner but I was looked a shitty kind of skinny. I really believe if you just keep eating real foods and take out any of the unnecessary, processed stuff (sugars, wheat products, and all that), you'll make gains. The pace depends on you, but you WILL make shit happen. Heck, you don't even need to count macros and calories anymore, just keep eating and find what schedule works for you.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #577
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

have yall got ya weight up yet?
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:57 AM   #578
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Dude why don't you start juicing already?

Like in all serious you're huge, strong, and look intimidating as fukk, why not just add a cycle of Trenbolone, Winstrol, Test Enanthate with some liver cleansers and PCT therapy.

YOu could reach new heights man.

Nah man, I lift/workout to maintain my health, putting all that stuff in my body would defeat the purpose of why I do it. I'm already starting to approach the limits of how big I want to be, my arms are just under 19", my chest is 49" and I honestly don't want to get much bigger than I am now. My goal now is just to get down to 215-220lbs and be in the 11-13% body fat range, lean out and get more vascularity.

Plus, once you get off the gear your strength gains generally go out the window. Nevermind the fact that I am a huge cheapskate!

Last edited by abuC : 05-25-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #579
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Respect the hustle!

After Tough Mudder training I'm at 167 at 6.5%, body fat according to the device that sends electrical impulses thing. And this was by accident.

I don't believe it for one sec (estimated more like 8 or 9.. lower abs well past showing non-flexed, striations in quads clear as daylight.. no veins in glutes though), but MY GOD, the hillesprints and the calisthenic circuits mixed with the intermittent fasting paleo diet REALLY RAELLY work.

Just a suggestion for those looking for fatloss. And obviously at this point I'm a skinny b!tch and it's time to fukking up the calories and get strong.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #580
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

^^ It's such a tough balance between keeping your body fat down and gaining muscle. With me personally, every time I cut I look small, and every time I bulk I look a bit fat. So finding that happy-middle is a constant battle.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #581
abuC
Cuba

Been dealing with a strained wrist the last two weeks, can't remember if it was the weighted dips or the tricep pulldowns that hurt it but it's been really annoying.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #582
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Been dealing with a strained wrist the last two weeks, can't remember if it was the weighted dips or the tricep pulldowns that hurt it but it's been really annoying.

Dealing with the same thing. But mine hurts when I do barbell curls. Had to resort to doing 'Dumbbell hammer curls' to relieve the pain. It doesn't hurt during push movements though, thank gawd.

On another note, I found another Arnie motivational youtube vid. Pretty good, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mvx-axfG8

Last edited by Zan Tabak : 05-29-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #583
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
mine hurt all the time, its probably the only reason why i dont bench or curl more they are the first that give up. they are as thick as my d*ck. most of the girls have thicker wrists than mine.
and from what i know, no muscle can be gained there so im pretty much f*cked. and i dont think its genetics my father and brother are decent, i guess i didnt get enough milk as a kid
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #584
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Dealing with the same thing. But mine hurts when I do barbell curls. Had to resort to doing 'Dumbbell hammer curls' to relieve the pain. It doesn't hurt during push movements though, thank gawd.

On another note, I found another Arnie motivational youtube vid. Pretty good, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mvx-axfG8

I re-aggravated it tonight, was doing DB rows with some heavy ass weights and instead of just dropping the weight I slammed it to the ground with my hand still on it like a moron. Of course my wrist was like "WHAT THE HELL MANNNN" and sent a shooting pain right up my arm.

Great video, this is a Arnold classic as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH0nP4NzS9M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
mine hurt all the time, its probably the only reason why i dont bench or curl more they are the first that give up. they are as thick as my d*ck. most of the girls have thicker wrists than mine.
and from what i know, no muscle can be gained there so im pretty much f*cked. and i dont think its genetics my father and brother are decent, i guess i didnt get enough milk as a kid

Do you remember how you hurt them? LOL, I have some thin ass wrists too, thanks to my arms being really long, you can get a tiny bit more thickness on them with wrist curls. But, since yours are in pain as well that will make it a bit difficult for now.

That's just how it is sometimes, I have thick ankles and naturally big calves but my wrists are pretty thin I think.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #585
Rolando
High School Starter

Got the same problem as you guys: small weak-ass forearms. What I did was take a week and a half off from lifting until the pain went away. Then when I started working out again, I made sure to work my forearms during every work out. Mostly doing that exercise where you wind up a weight that is hanging on a rope attached to a small tube. Just wind it up and down in both directions until your forearms are burning.

I do it every workout just like I do abs. I have much less trouble now.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: