Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #46
SlayerEnraged
Banned

SlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
2%?! GET ON THAT FULL FAT SHIT!! Honestly, right now, anything low-fat and man-made pisses me off. Low-fat diets are crap perpetrated by food manufacturers and pharmacies to keep you fat and unhealthy in order for you to buy more of their meds and "healthy" food. I think you know that already though, but yeah, just felt like rantin'.

You gotta get on some other meats man! Beef, pork, fish, whatever you can find. I honestly think it doesn't matter whether you get the lean or fatty cuts of the animal coz you can just add healthy fats through oils (coconut, nut oil, olive oil; just NOT any of those vegetable/palm/canola oil shit. That's gonna ruin your body). Plus you have to eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables. The live enzymes in them will help you digest whatever you eat even better, plus they're usually good, low-glycemic (but not necessarily low-carb; I honestly don't think it matters but if you're on that low-carb stuff, you could save the sweet fruits for night-time). One trick too when you're gaining mass is to get a bottle of olive oil or any healthy oil and just pour 2 or so tablespoons of that stuff on whatever you're eating. Adds in extra calories plus healthy fats are CRITICAL for creation of hormones that are important for building muscle. After you train too, for the next 3 hours, that's when you suck up food like a mofo. Make sure it's clean though. You can have SOME junk-ish food but keep it minimal. Honestly, I'd prefer you focus on your proteins and fats before you train, and then load up on the carbs after you train. I'm a firm believer that bulking and cutting is the wrong way to go, even if you're a bodybuilder. It just messes with your body too much for it to be good for you. You may not exactly feel it, but it'll catch up too.

Anyway, that's my 2 centavos. Sorry if I put you to sleep.

I think u should have things like fat free skim milk but don't really hesitate on home food. The way I view it is that its kind of stupid using up your fat intake on drinks when u could have a full meal and more calories instead.
SlayerEnraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #47
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

I've been resting for like 3 days now. Exam has consumed my vacant time. Currently suffering from lower back pains, though it doesn't hurt anymore as it used to. Biceps, triceps, legs, and back for tomorrow.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #48
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
I think u should have things like fat free skim milk but don't really hesitate on home food. The way I view it is that its kind of stupid using up your fat intake on drinks when u could have a full meal and more calories instead.

The way I view it, why put a cap on your fat intake? I don't believe in counting calories anymore. As long as you're eating good, nutritious food, why bother? There ARE people who do need to watch their intake, but understand it's very difficult to eat an EXACT number of protein/carbohydrate/fat/calories/whateverthe****itis every single day. It's just too much work for something that is naturally very instinctive. And why discriminate? It's not like the nutrients from milk magically don't count just because they're from a liquid source as opposed to a solid food source. If that was so, then all the people who load up on sugar-laden soft drinks should be quite lean. And who said the milk is replacing your full meal? I never said just drink milk, skip your dinner and you'll grow.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #49
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

I am 160 pounds but 5'9

Thats not fat but it is overweight.

In the right shirt I look ripped....

Shirt off I look out of shape.

And I am out of shape.

I dont want to be cut or work out in a gym everyday.

I like to play basketball and run everyday.

But what I hate is I see people eat so much and I try so hard to eat healthy... The the people that eat a lot can be skinny...I think it has somewhat to do with how tall I am.

I mean carots and apples water and milk over soda....

I just dont get it.

Is it my metabilisim? My worth ethic? the food I eat?

I am not sure.

I try my best.

I am faster than every1 I play against.

People will often say, " I didnt think he was that quick" Or, "I didnt know he was that fast".

And I know this. Bit I want to loose weight and be faster.

I am also a very good shooter because I am short so I focus a lot on my ranged game.

I can hit basically anything on 1 foot spining in a circle with a defender in my face.

And then on the drive I have the speed.

PROBLEM? Stamina.

And I can be quicker which makes me angy when I have a good defender because I know I could burn him if i was as skinny as I used to be.

In HS I was 120 pounds which is skinny....but for being short? Its really not bad.

the difference between 120 and 160 is HUGE.

IDK I am going to minny this summer...later summer for some booze cruizing...which means the shirt will be coming off and I want to lose weight before than.

Aug 1st.
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #50
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Plus you have to eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables. The live enzymes in them will help you digest whatever you eat even better, plus they're usually good, low-glycemic (but not necessarily low-carb; I honestly don't think it matters but if you're on that low-carb stuff, you could save the sweet fruits for night-time).

A big secret to my success. Everyday (or damn near) I drink a shake/drink that is made of
A cup of OJ
2 leafs of Kale
A handful of Spinach
A scoop of Wheatgrass powder
A banana
A cup or two of blueberries
about a tablespoon of honey
about a tablespoon of cinnamon
A chunk (about the size of the top part of my thumb, from the knuckle up) of Ginger root.
Half a cucumber
Half a tomato
3 stalks of celery

Blend and drink

delicious!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #51
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
I am 160 pounds but 5'9

Thats not fat but it is overweight.

In the right shirt I look ripped....

Shirt off I look out of shape.

And I am out of shape.

I dont want to be cut or work out in a gym everyday.

I like to play basketball and run everyday.

But what I hate is I see people eat so much and I try so hard to eat healthy... The the people that eat a lot can be skinny...I think it has somewhat to do with how tall I am.

I mean carots and apples water and milk over soda....

I just dont get it.

Is it my metabilisim? My worth ethic? the food I eat?

I am not sure.

I try my best.

I am faster than every1 I play against.

People will often say, " I didnt think he was that quick" Or, "I didnt know he was that fast".

And I know this. Bit I want to loose weight and be faster.

I am also a very good shooter because I am short so I focus a lot on my ranged game.

I can hit basically anything on 1 foot spining in a circle with a defender in my face.

And then on the drive I have the speed.

PROBLEM? Stamina.

And I can be quicker which makes me angy when I have a good defender because I know I could burn him if i was as skinny as I used to be.

In HS I was 120 pounds which is skinny....but for being short? Its really not bad.

the difference between 120 and 160 is HUGE.

IDK I am going to minny this summer...later summer for some booze cruizing...which means the shirt will be coming off and I want to lose weight before than.

Aug 1st.

You don't have to hit gym everyday. The reason those guys can eat so much and be 'skinnier' is because they most likely have more muscle. Which means that they burn more calories. The more muscle you have, the quicker your body burns energy, hence fats at times.

Don't lift everyday. Go in 2-3 times a week and try and hit everything. If you are already fast, you're only going to get faster, and you'll start enjoying basketball even more when you notice improvements from gym carrying over to your game.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #52
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
A big secret to my success. Everyday (or damn near) I drink a shake/drink that is made of
A cup of OJ
2 leafs of Kale
A handful of Spinach
A banana
A chunk (about the size of the top part of my thumb, from the knuckle up) of Ginger root.
Half a cucumber
Half a tomato
3 stalks of celery

Blend and drink

delicious!

Damn man, that is a LOT of stuff to put in a drink. Sounds pretty damn good though. I shall try it when I can get all the ingredients together. A lot of people underestimate or are simply not aware the importance of having fruits and veggies that detox and help keep the body healthy so all the other stuff you put down your piehole gets used up properly. Just after my morning fast + basketball session I had 2 apples, a kiwi, half a mango, some winged and string beans with squash. Looking to add a 4-egg omelette with some spinach and another kiwi or apple + peanut butter later for a snack.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #53
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Damn man, that is a LOT of stuff to put in a drink.
It makes a lot... A LOT! I basically get two drinks out of it. The first one I slam, the second one takes a lot out of me to drink it. If I let it sit, it will get clumpy :Yuck: I can't stand that, so I slowly work it down as fast as possible. I also blend the Kale Spinach and OJ first and then start adding everything in after that. It seems to help with it being more liquid than semi-solid. It fills me up to drink both but I feel great all day long.. can't really stand to eat anything sugary after it cookies pie cake etc.. I don't usually eat them anyway but..

And my poop is great! Greatest shit's of my life come when I drink this. I go out to filaburtos for a burrito and horchata and I blow the bathroom the f*ck up! These shakes.. great shits!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #54
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
A cup of OJ
2 leafs of Kale
A handful of Spinach
A banana
Half a cucumber
Half a tomato
3 stalks of celery

Blend and drink

delicious!

Shit, so I'd stop being a fvck up if I drank this, but bananas, blueberries, and honey make me break out And I love all those things.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #55
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Shit, so I'd stop being a fvck up if I drank this, but bananas, blueberries, and honey make me break out And I love all those things.
My losing weight success. You can substitute those fruits for others.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #56
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you're getting sore knees/shins when running you should try and work in some low impact cardio. I used to run 40km a week or so (That's about 25 miles) but my knees hate it so now I'll usually go on the stationary bike or do some yoga. I know that stuff has a girly rep, but if you add in some other exercises like pushups, sit ups and other activities with dynamic resistance it really gets your heart rate up (I do DDP's yoga system) I do that, get my HR up to the 160 area, go for 45 minutes. Works out more muscle areas than just running and improves your flexibility also.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #57
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
It makes a lot... A LOT! I basically get two drinks out of it. The first one I slam, the second one takes a lot out of me to drink it. If I let it sit, it will get clumpy :Yuck: I can't stand that, so I slowly work it down as fast as possible. I also blend the Kale Spinach and OJ first and then start adding everything in after that. It seems to help with it being more liquid than semi-solid. It fills me up to drink both but I feel great all day long.. can't really stand to eat anything sugary after it cookies pie cake etc.. I don't usually eat them anyway but..

And my poop is great! Greatest shit's of my life come when I drink this. I go out to filaburtos for a burrito and horchata and I blow the bathroom the f*ck up! These shakes.. great shits!

Same. And once you actually start filling up on foods that DO provide solid nutrition, you do tend to lose your taste for all the sugary crap. And yeah, poop is actually a very good indicator of one's health.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 AM   #58
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
This is the thread where we motivate eachother to stay in the gym, the court, on the track or the treadmill.

how have yall been keeping fit lately?

i have been slacking hard lately. gonna run tomorrow morning til I PUKE then do my lower body (squats/calve raises) and then triceps + chest.

free membership, start posting

I'm very motivated!

I'm gonna start waking up earlier than usual every week, and workout till I can't go any longer. I will do this for the first 2 weeks until my body gets used to it, and then stop..... as usual.

But seriously, I just got my blood test results and they said I'm a 39 cholesterol level. But what's motivating me even more, is this chick at work telling me how skinny I am. this is the 4th time she's mentioned this so now I wanna prove her wrong. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna start to work out, try to gain back some of my old weight.

I have no gym membership.

All I have is some weights to help me curl and the perfect pushup. With that and with that alone, I'll go from 150 pds- 155 and hopefully push that to 160. My heaviest was 170, but I was in the gym for 2 hours a day, drinking milk like it was water, and eating like crazy. I was a stud back then not anymore

I'll teach her!!!
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #59
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Can anybody here top me? 1 year of weightless workouts.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #60
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Just went on a 3 mile run and then i hit the exercise bike for a solid 30 minutes.

Had 3 scrambled eggs and 4 pieces of turkey bacon with some wheat bread and cooked veggies. (huge glass of milk too)

Big breakfast is ideal, kickstart your metabolism.

now for much smaller meals for the rest of the day.

Last edited by stallionaire : 05-25-2012 at 10:50 AM.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: