Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #586
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I've been on and off since I last posted. Nothing really consistent, then I went to Canada for 2 weeks and came back out of shape. Luckily I was eating a ton, so I've been working hard to transform it to muscle.

I don't know what my weight was when I last posted, but I'm at 170 as of 2 hours ago (after taking a dump).

Arms and chest are getting defined, they're also starting to grow a bit more.

Gonna have to do squats and calve raises.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #587
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm the complete opposite of most of you guys on here. I have large forearms, and strong wrists, but the shitty end of that is my arms (in my opinion at least) have never looked big.

I've got to say, having strong wrists is a big advantage in the weight room. I see a lot of people when benching letting the bar sit on their palms when they get to a heavyish weight for them (I dunno, I guess 185lbs + for most people). I'm lucky enough to have strong wrists and therefore comfortable in keeping all the weight behind my wrist, even on heavy sets of 275lbs+ and not having to put all the stress on the wrist when being bent and having the bar sit on your palm.
I think if you do have that problem, its good to drop the weight and get comfortable with it behind your wrist. Its going to save your wrists, and you'll be able to push more weight once you get back to your heavier weights with these new habits.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #588
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone know a good calf workout for mass besides donkey calf raises. I lack the resources available to do that particular exercise.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #589
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I'm the complete opposite of most of you guys on here. I have large forearms, and strong wrists, but the shitty end of that is my arms (in my opinion at least) have never looked big.

I've got to say, having strong wrists is a big advantage in the weight room. I see a lot of people when benching letting the bar sit on their palms when they get to a heavyish weight for them (I dunno, I guess 185lbs + for most people). I'm lucky enough to have strong wrists and therefore comfortable in keeping all the weight behind my wrist, even on heavy sets of 275lbs+ and not having to put all the stress on the wrist when being bent and having the bar sit on your palm.
I think if you do have that problem, its good to drop the weight and get comfortable with it behind your wrist. Its going to save your wrists, and you'll be able to push more weight once you get back to your heavier weights with these new habits.

That is exactly what my problem was. I had to reduce weight and train myself how to hold the bar properly so that the force was going directly through the wrist and into the forearm.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #590
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I re-aggravated it tonight, was doing DB rows with some heavy ass weights and instead of just dropping the weight I slammed it to the ground with my hand still on it like a moron. Of course my wrist was like "WHAT THE HELL MANNNN" and sent a shooting pain right up my arm.

Great video, this is a Arnold classic as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH0nP4NzS9M

Forgot to add my wrist also hurts when I do Barbell rows. Started doing them over-hand (instead of under-hand) to relieve the pain.

Great vid man! I love that era of body building. To me those guys had the ideal bodies. Not like the freaks today.

Quote:

Great advice Plow. This is what anyone should do who is having wrist problems.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #591
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Grip is definitely a limiting factor for a lot of us. Definitely not always good for the ego.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #592
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

just thought i would post some photos of my lil bro and his improvements over the course of 2 years. it might motivate someone

by doing exercises with his bodyweight only

i think i posted this video before here, it got shared by bar brothers on their facebook fan page and it got some views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEjN2DwLyU
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #593
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

My wrists have never held me back on bench, I've been able to bench 150# dumbbells per hand for reps, it was the weighted dips that more than likely strained it. This is the first time I can think of that one of my wrists have hurt, which isn't too bad though since I'm cutting now and don't necessarily need to lift as heavy. It's more of annoyance than anything else.

Last edited by abuC : 05-31-2013 at 02:29 PM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #594
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Progress pic from this morning.

I lost more muscle than I wanted to but it's very difficult to stay big while running and swimming every day.

Edit resize that pic was huge

Last edited by bmulls : 06-06-2013 at 08:54 AM.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #595
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've started my journey to lose 60 pounds. I lost 4 pounds already just from switching white breads and pastas to whole grain breads and pastas Gonna for a jog today down at the track.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #596
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Progress pic from this morning.

I lost more muscle than I wanted to but it's very difficult to stay big while running and swimming every day.

Edit resize that pic was huge

Good work man!

.....no homo
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #597
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I've started my journey to lose 60 pounds. I lost 4 pounds already just from switching white breads and pastas to whole grain breads and pastas Gonna for a jog today down at the track.

Try replacing all your beverages with water. People don't realize how much calories are in soda and juices.

edit. Especially beer.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #598
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Try replacing all your beverages with water. People don't realize how much calories are in soda and juices.

edit. Especially beer.
The only other thing I still drink other than water is skim milk with dinner.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #599
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
The only other thing I still drink other than water is skim milk with dinner.

Perfect! Keep on that sh!t.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #600
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll be doing a P90X workout called Yoga X today. I hate it because it's 1 hr & 30 minutes long, but I know yoga is an essential part of exercising if one plans to prevent injuries.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: