Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #631
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
anybody got suggestions for body weight exercises?
I can't really give you any special exercises to do, but here are the standard ones.

Pushups
Wall squats
Chin ups
Pull ups
Dips
Crunches (there are a ton of ab exercises to choose from)
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #632
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I can't really give you any special exercises to do, but here are the standard ones.

Pushups
Wall squats
Chin ups
Pull ups
Dips
Crunches (there are a ton of ab exercises to choose from)

Here's my cali split borrowed and compromised from Convict Conditioning and Pavel Tstatsouline's Naked Warrior:

Monday:
One-Arm Chin Up (Not a real one with the hand assist.. the bicep contraction is UNREAL) 3 * 5
Pull-Up 3 * AMRAP
Inverted Row/Front Lever try (Lol)
Hanging Leg Raise (SLOWWWWW) 3 * 8
Bridge 3 sets * 5 or so

Wednesday:
One-Arm Pushup 3 sets AMRAP
Elevated Pushup 3 sets AMRAP
Dips 3 * 15-20
Leg Lifts
Janda Sit-Ups
Planks
Ab Rollouts with Hands

Friday:
Hill Sprints
Pistol Squat (Assisted)
Bulgarian Split Squat
Glute Ham Raise with legs tucked below something sturdy

Hill Sprints for cardio. Jump rope Tabata style for cardio. Pickup basketball.

By no means big or strong but holy fukk feeling athletic and shredded. Cherrypicking dudes on Fastbreaks and lvery lean. Would get ass kicked by a squatter in like three seconds though hahah.

Later on in life will revert back to weights.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #633
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Start off easy with the jogging, pushing yourself more and more every time. It's about 80% mental and 20% physical with exercise. Let's say you can only do one lap of a running track before having to stop, keep building it up more and more, so in a while, you'll be able to run a mile (4 laps). Then keep building it up until you can reach your goal.

Thanks! What are healthy fats, carbs, and proteins to eat? I want to become a health fanatic in terms of what I eat.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #634
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Day 51 of P90X today. Still no noticeable appearance changes.

I can do more push-ups and pull-ups but... *Sigh*
Have you done before/after pictures or measurements?

It's hard to notice changes in yourself, but pictures of where you started help to better visualize it. Also, people will notice it better than you can.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #635
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Just started p90x yesterday after gradually allowing myself to gain about 40 pounds in the 2 years since I did p90x last. Can't believe I let myself get this out of shape.

Edit: Just got off the scale, weighed in at a pudgy 245 right now.

Good luck. Just stick with it. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to quit the program, but you just have to stick with the program if you truly want results.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #636
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is my lil brothers transformation. Use it as motivation if you want.

Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #637
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Thanks! What are healthy fats, carbs, and proteins to eat? I want to become a health fanatic in terms of what I eat.
You can't go wrong with eating fish as a meat.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #638
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You can healthy fats from foods like un salted nuts, avocado and fatty fish like salmon and tuna. You can get healthy carbs from rice, oats and granola. Healthy proteins from lean meats, greek/plain yogurt and almonds.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #639
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
You can't go wrong with eating fish as a meat.
Yeah, fish has a lot of health benefits so get that in your diet.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #640
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Would anyone be so kind as to post anice 2 meal sample diet with this macronutrient breakdown?

225 pro/90 fat/225 carb

Also, for those who have underwent bulking and cutting cycles..

What's the reason behind "tapering" off your kcals slowly in the bulk-->cut transition? Why can't you just do it abruptly. Man of Steel guy went from 5k to 2.5k overnight...

If you do it too quick you'll lose a greater amount of muscle. When you cut you are going to lose some muscle no matter what, even pro bodybuilders on loads of roids lose some. But the slower and more methodical you taper the calories off the more muscle you can keep.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #641
Rolando
High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
I used to weigh 275 lbs but am now down to 250 lbs.

I want to improve my cardio/stamina greatly. I have a resting heart rate of 90.

I can only jog for a minute before getting out of breath and having to stop.

How can I get to the point where I will be able to run a marathon? That is a long term goal I would like to shoot for.

Very inspired by what bmulls has accomplished in terms of his physical conditioning! I want to get to that level one day, but I get down on myself a lot and worry that I might not get to that point. Just feel like it is so far away to reach that.

Lifting heavy weight too will burn calories like crazy and for much longer afterwards than cardio. Most of all, you need to simply do it. You need to do it for many months too. Carve out a place in your schedule that you know is always free. Use that time every day to either lift or do cardio.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #642
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
Lifting heavy weight too will burn calories like crazy and for much longer afterwards than cardio. Most of all, you need to simply do it. You need to do it for many months too. Carve out a place in your schedule that you know is always free. Use that time every day to either lift or do cardio.

How many days a week should I be doing cardio, and how long should each session be?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #643
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I used to weigh 275 lbs but am now down to 250 lbs.

I want to improve my cardio/stamina greatly. I have a resting heart rate of 90.

I can only jog for a minute before getting out of breath and having to stop.

How can I get to the point where I will be able to run a marathon? That is a long term goal I would like to shoot for.

Very inspired by what bmulls has accomplished in terms of his physical conditioning! I want to get to that level one day, but I get down on myself a lot and worry that I might not get to that point. Just feel like it is so far away to reach that.

Take it one step at a time (no pun intended). If you can't take the intensity of jogging for a minute, then walk. Start somewhere, like 30 minutes every morning or as often as you can then work your way up from there. And don't worry, man, everybody has to start somewhere, and that basecamp differs from person to person. Go hard, buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKelkKvm49Y
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #644
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How many days a week should I be doing cardio, and how long should each session be?

Personally I usually do about 45 minutes to an hour, 3 times a week (this is just for additional cardio like jogging) outside of the actual program I'm doing.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #645
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've really struggled. January 2012 I was 245, July 2012 I was 185, October 2012 I was 181. Now I'm 225. Although I have started eating right the last week. I've already lost 5 pounds (I was at 230). Need to start interval training soon.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: