Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #691
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I've never had a problem with it.

But what kind are you using? What do you mix it with? When do you take it?
Kosher generic one. I mix it with milk and I put a little chocolate syrup like a drop for good taste. I take it 10 minutes after I cool down after my work outs.
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #692
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
Kosher generic one. I mix it with milk and I put a little chocolate syrup like a drop for good taste. I take it 10 minutes after I cool down after my work outs.

It could be that your slightly lactose intolerant. I'm pretty much full on lactose intolerant, so not only do I have to buy the finest proteins, I also have to use lactose free milk to mix it with. Not cheap...

Generic cheap-azz proteins run through me like a 100m dash champ.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #693
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
Anybody here also feel naseous. Along with cramps after taking whey protein??

Only when I get Optimum Nutrition strawberry flavor, I almost always feel like I'm going to vomit when I take it. Needless to say I only get chocolate now.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #694
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
It could be that your slightly lactose intolerant. I'm pretty much full on lactose intolerant, so not only do I have to buy the finest proteins, I also have to use lactose free milk to mix it with. Not cheap...

Generic cheap-azz proteins run through me like a 100m dash champ.

This made me laugh out loud when I read it and looked at your avatar. Just fit so damn perfectly
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #695
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
This made me laugh out loud when I read it and looked at your avatar. Just fit so damn perfectly
Only the finest.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #696
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #697
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NSFW http://www.agresori.com/data/20616/23.gif

dream workout
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #698
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Back & biceps later tonight, am I the only one that hates one arm DB rows, almost always feel like I'm going to throw up when I do them.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #699
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That's cuz most people online will post the absolute most they've EVER lifted for one rep, and act like it's their go-to weight.

not to mention, the people who are posting what they lift, are posting it because they are very proud of it

i bench just under 50kg

thats not an impressive number, so im not gonna brag about it
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #700
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

im just looking to put on muscle mass, how long should a workout be?

i talked to a guy at a supplement store and he said 45mins to an hour.

he emphasised not to be working out much longer than that.

is it really that big of a deal?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #701
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Back & biceps later tonight, am I the only one that hates one arm DB rows, almost always feel like I'm going to throw up when I do them.
Nah, I hate them too. Did them for about 7 months and quit them, now I just do Bent-over Barbell rows. Plus I hated how long it took to finish a set, having to do one arm at a time.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #702
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
im just looking to put on muscle mass, how long should a workout be?

i talked to a guy at a supplement store and he said 45mins to an hour.

he emphasised not to be working out much longer than that.

is it really that big of a deal?

Do 2 to 3 exercises for each body part.

3 to 4 sets each exercise

Try to rest between 1-3 minutes between sets. (This is tricky cause it really depends on the person, I know people who can hit their next set 25 seconds later and I know others that need at least 3 minutes...So you have to learn yourself how much rest you need between sets.)

How ever long that takes^^ is how long your workout is. Don't go into the gym saying, "Okay I'm going to workout an hour today" When ever you finish- you finish.

jmo good luck!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #703
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
its actually the opposite for me, i barely feel anything if i do them... i tried different angles, different weight but nothing does it for me really i guess that exercise is not for me... but i do feel like shit when i do barbell rows...

and i was busy today so i skipped gym, i feel like a weak ass fa*got right now...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #704
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been eating like a demon recently and am back up to 221lbs. Saying that though, I've been hitting chest hard. 4 days a week, and I'm making everything else my complimentary exercises. Doing pull ups almost everyday, and I throw in the rest of my big lifts like squats, deadlifts, military press on those days as well.

Can't remember what video it was that I watched, but a body builder mentioned something about giving your muscles a certain period of time to rest being bullshit. If you want to hit something hard, then having a whole days rest is more than enough, so the next day you can hit it again. This way of training seems to be working well for me. My chest is looking better than ever after hitting it as many times a week as I can. I'm noticing a huge difference in my upper chest, particularly middle upper chest, which I've actually gotten a lot of comments on from friends recently.
Apart from the visual side, I've also noticed my stamina on pushing exercises has increased, like bench and military press. I'm not necessarily pushing more weight on them, but I can do weights I was working with previously for 3 or 4 more reps now. I'm sure if I actually gave my chest a decent rest I'd see that my 1 rep max has gone up too.

Anyway, that's all for now. Probably going to keep up this heavy chest focused exercise regime for another 2 weeks, then probably change to a back focused one for 5 or 6 weeks.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #705
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Nah, I hate them too. Did them for about 7 months and quit them, now I just do Bent-over Barbell rows. Plus I hated how long it took to finish a set, having to do one arm at a time.

Glad I'm not the only one, plus I have a hairline fracture in my wrist thanks to slamming a DB to the ground with my hand still on it, no cast or surgery needed but it's a real pain. I skipped doing them tonight, just did Pendlay & T-bar rows, if your gym has a pullover machine I highly recommend working that into your routine. My lats have grown a bit and I have visible serratus muscles now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
its actually the opposite for me, i barely feel anything if i do them... i tried different angles, different weight but nothing does it for me really i guess that exercise is not for me... but i do feel like shit when i do barbell rows...

Try doing them like this -

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ood-guts-2.htm

(3:53 mins into the video)

He pulls them up and back at an angle towards his hip, I started doing them like that and you really feel it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: