Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #61
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
You're probably right and like I said I don't think u should hesitate on most regular foods and to a degree drinks. I also don't think u should be a robot and count your calories each and every day however. Depending on your goals, I would say u should count your calories and make an approximate estimate of how many u should be eating. The reason why is because if u have a go with the flow mantality and have a specific goal then it's probabaly not going to work out. People wanting to gain weight tend to overestimate how many calories they're actually eating and People trying to lose weight usually underestimate their calorie intake. I'm trying to bulk up and I suspect I'm overestimating how much I'm eating and can't really do much about it because I have school, but next week I don't and I'll consistantly be able to eat lunch, eat real meals instead of snacks during class time, etc. P.S. I only drink skim milk cause all other milk is nasty :P

I've never ever ever in my life counted calories. My goal has always been to get bigger and I've added probably 20+ pounds of muscle in the last 3 years or so.

I eat a fairly small lunch and a good amount of protein for dinner, then I lift and drink my protein shake after whatever workout I do every day. Counting calories and seeing how much i take in per day has never been a real priority of mine...in fact the only time i know how many calories I'm taking in on ANYTHING is when it says in big letters on the package how many there are lol

Just find what works for YOU and do it.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #62
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I've never ever ever in my life counted calories. My goal has always been to get bigger and I've added probably 20+ pounds of muscle in the last 3 years or so.

I eat a fairly small lunch and a good amount of protein for dinner, then I lift and drink my protein shake after whatever workout I do every day. Counting calories and seeing how much i take in per day has never been a real priority of mine...in fact the only time i know how many calories I'm taking in on ANYTHING is when it says in big letters on the package how many there are lol

Just find what works for YOU and do it.

But hey, thats just advice, you go out there and do whatever the FVCK you wanna do.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #63
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a fitness journal. There's not much to it, I kind of just jot down my workout that day and chat with other athletes re: training, advice, motivation, etc

http://www.dailymile.com/people/tony403#ref=tophd
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #64
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 05-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #65
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
I have a fitness journal. There's not much to it, I kind of just jot down my workout that day and chat with other athletes re: training, advice, motivation, etc

http://www.dailymile.com/people/tony403#ref=tophd

Nice I might make a profile on there
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #66
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Training for life and he only has 10s on the bar? I mean, I don't squat that much either (just 160 because I'm limited by how much I can clean on to my shoulders, and I can only do front squats because of it too) but that's pretty funny.

Slayer: Yeah, that's the kinda hard part about it. For those of you who want a somewhat "surer" approach (although I personally didn't get any results from it), you can count calories.however,if there's one thing. I learned from reading up and my experience, you CAN build muscle on a caloric deficit AS LONG AS you eat good nutritious food.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #67
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I don't mean to keep endorsing products in here, but as long as we're talking about fitness this is one thing that i 110% recommend, whether you're tryin to lose weight, tone up or add muscle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINmw0smNQ8

I've talked about it on here but I got this early last year and added it to my little home gym, and it definitely gives you a good workout if you don't have enough room or money for a lot. You can do over 100 different exercises with it. If you're tryin to use it for cardio just lower the weight, and if you're tryin to add muscle then use the max weight levels. It's done wonders for me
Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 AM   #68
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Nice I might make a profile on there
hit me up if u do, I'm training for a triathalon (and hopefully an eventual iron man) and alot of the guys on there provide good motivation.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #69
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been going hard since school ended. Basketball and gym. Working out on a 4 day split - chest/tri, back / bi, shoulders, legs/abs. I'm about to start taking creatine (already taking protein). Trying to get more GAINS.

Anyone watch the hodge twins?
Old 05-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #70
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1.2 pounds from the 50 pound lost weight mark. So Close! Only 11.2 pounds away from goal (178)! I suspect my weight might go up to 190 though in the next couple days, which is fine because after I started lifting I notice my weight will flux between a 2 pound area, then when the next weak comes I'll have lost it and start a new cycle over. I've lost about 10 pounds the last month, almost 50 total. When I hold my daughter who is 30 pounds and feel her weight I'm just amazed at how much lighter I am and that I've almost lost twice what she weights. I notice I can jump much higher too, I'm not so easily tired. I can run about half a mile now before I start braething hard versus running a block and huffing air like a SoB. Feels great.

Also I've been incorporating some healthy snacks in my everyday eating habits. For example I eat 86% cooca dark chocolate now which contains as much antioxidants as anything. What I do is melt down the bars and put shelled walnuts on the chocolate and let it hardened for dark chocolate cover walnuts. So not only do I get some dark chocolate (not a lot), but omega-3s as well. The dark chocolate is great for the heart and lowering heart disease as well as the brain and the walnuts is great for the brain too.

I also bought some 100% cocoa dark chocolate bars but I'm leery on using those. I tried a piece and it's super-bitter and totally unsweetened. The 86% at least as a tiny bit of sweetness to it to make it edible.

Last edited by Meticode : 05-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #71
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Been going hard since school ended. Basketball and gym. Working out on a 4 day split - chest/tri, back / bi, shoulders, legs/abs. I'm about to start taking creatine (already taking protein). Trying to get more GAINS.

Anyone watch the hodge twins?
Unfamiliar.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Unfamiliar.

They're these two twins who just make work out videos on youtube but they're pretty funny. It's pretty much the only workout videos I watch just because I find that a lot of their advice is useful and they give me a laugh or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uLkVYp3iic&feature=plcp
Old 05-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #73
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
They're these two twins who just make work out videos on youtube but they're pretty funny. It's pretty much the only workout videos I watch just because I find that a lot of their advice is useful and they give me a laugh or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uLkVYp3iic&feature=plcp
Wow thanks for this. I don't do benching, but still useful. Probably will flter through their videos. I busted out laughing when he was talking about the Skull Crushes and it being unnatural, and he was like "Don't try this shit if you have elbow pain."
Old 05-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #74
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've always been on and off with my weight training for various reasons.

Started back up about 2-3 months ago and I've made more progression in these last 2 months (without the aid of supplements) than I did in the total amount of time I had trained before that (lots of supps). It's definitely due to having a better understanding of training and diet.

I do count cals, but not to the point where I know exactly how many I'm getting. I know that I'm roughly in the 3000 range and some days I'll go up to 3250, maybe more, sometimes I'll be down at 2750. So as long as I'm roughly in that range, I'm happy.

Like I said above, the last 2-3 months I have trained without any supplements, well that's about to change. Got a tub of ON Serious Mass today, added to my already decent cal intake, I'm hoping to see a bit more progression.

Will give feedback on the results.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #75
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I wish I would've done progression pictures.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: