Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #766
abuC
Cuba

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Can anyone tell me about how many calories I am eating. I know this info is not much to go on...

I am doing intermittent fasting (stop eating at 8 pm, first meal at 2 pm).
Trying to cut weight while retain/build muscle

*12:45-2 first heavy weights workout e.g., chest
2:15 pm: About 2 cups of cesar chicken salad with oriental dressing, with a small sandwich with just veggies like cucumber and 1 slice of cheese.

4:30 pm: Bowl of cereal (about 2.5 cups of honey nut cheerios, 1.5 cup milk)
*6-630: Light second workout mostly just stretching and bodyweight squats

7:45 pm: Burritos (3 tortillas, half can of pinto beans, some cheese, 3 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons guac, 3 tablespoons salsa)

I can't tell at all how many calories I'm eating? I'd like to eat maybe 1700-1800 a day...i think that is low enough to cut given the intermittent fasting + exercise I'm doing.

You're probably over 1700, the cereal is around 500 calories, so lets be modest and say the burritos are 300 a piece (more likely to be about 400-450), just the cereal and burritos would have you at 1400 with a high end of 1850 calories. That's not including any protein shakes you may be taking, which you don't have listed.

Also, I'd ditch the cereal all together and just go with Oats with some honey & cinnamon, there's a gang of sugar in 2.5 cups, they're sneaky with how they calculate the calories and only list "3/4th" of a cup. You're getting 30g of sugar, you're basically drinking a can of soda. Up your protein intake to around .8 to 1g per pound of lean body mass, I don't know where you're getting your protein from, but if you're not drinking any shakes or eating any bars you're well under what you need going off that meal plan.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #767
Balla_Status

Why are you eating so very little?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #768
plowking
Verticle?

I was watching a video on youtube not too long ago, for preworkout, I saw a funny thing of mixing instant coffee and redbull together. LOL.

Tried it out today, and I'm still buzzing. Makes you insanely energetic and alert. Made benching a whole lot funner, and managed to get 19 reps of 225lbs out, and that was after 5 sets of 5 reps for heavy.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #769
alenleomessi
W

this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWvu-yE1TwU
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #770
sundizz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
You're probably over 1700, the cereal is around 500 calories, so lets be modest and say the burritos are 300 a piece (more likely to be about 400-450), just the cereal and burritos would have you at 1400 with a high end of 1850 calories. That's not including any protein shakes you may be taking, which you don't have listed.

Also, I'd ditch the cereal all together and just go with Oats with some honey & cinnamon, there's a gang of sugar in 2.5 cups, they're sneaky with how they calculate the calories and only list "3/4th" of a cup. You're getting 30g of sugar, you're basically drinking a can of soda. Up your protein intake to around .8 to 1g per pound of lean body mass, I don't know where you're getting your protein from, but if you're not drinking any shakes or eating any bars you're well under what you need going off that meal plan.

Okay, I did a little research and checked labels.

375 calories Chicken Salad/Sandwich
400 calories for Honey Nut Cheerios (300, 100 for milk)
1123 calories for burritos
-528 calories for tortillas (3 * 176)
-225 calories for pinto beans (half can)
-220 calories Colby Jack cheese (2 oz)
-100 calories guacamole (2 oz)
-100 calories sour cream (3 oz)
-50 calories salsa (3 oz)

Total calories: 1998

Hmm...maybe I should cut out one of the tortillas and replace the honey nut cheerios with something else. I'd like to be at about 1700-1800, but still eating delicious food. I work out pretty hard everyday (for my standards) tho.

Between the beans and chicken (from the salad) I think that is plenty. I'm more concerned about calories at this point, and feeling 'full' than from exactly what I'm eating. I'm just focusing on not eating noodles, no chocolate, ice cream, soda etc.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #771
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Okay, I did a little research and checked labels.

375 calories Chicken Salad/Sandwich
400 calories for Honey Nut Cheerios (300, 100 for milk)
1123 calories for burritos
-528 calories for tortillas (3 * 176)
-225 calories for pinto beans (half can)
-220 calories Colby Jack cheese (2 oz)
-100 calories guacamole (2 oz)
-100 calories sour cream (3 oz)
-50 calories salsa (3 oz)

Total calories: 1998

Hmm...maybe I should cut out one of the tortillas and replace the honey nut cheerios with something else. I'd like to be at about 1700-1800, but still eating delicious food. I work out pretty hard everyday (for my standards) tho.

Between the beans and chicken (from the salad) I think that is plenty. I'm more concerned about calories at this point, and feeling 'full' than from exactly what I'm eating. I'm just focusing on not eating noodles, no chocolate, ice cream, soda etc.

How much do you weigh?

I don't see how you're getting the protein you need, you're bound to lose muscle with the type of cut you're on. There's only 8g of protein in an entire can of Pinto beans, there's about 50-60g of protein in half a pound of chicken, the salad probably has 4oz of chicken in it so cut that total in half. You're lucky if you're hitting 80g of protein per day.

I'm cutting also, but I keep my protein intake north of 220gs and my strength has stayed constant on most lifts and has gone up on some despite losing weight.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #772
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I was watching a video on youtube not too long ago, for preworkout, I saw a funny thing of mixing instant coffee and redbull together. LOL.

Tried it out today, and I'm still buzzing. Makes you insanely energetic and alert. Made benching a whole lot funner, and managed to get 19 reps of 225lbs out, and that was after 5 sets of 5 reps for heavy.
Kali Muscle likes to use Pepsi/Coke and instant coffee. Calls it hyphy mud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUzaw5_O9vY
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #773
LikeABosh
Trump Towers

Finally deadlifted an even 450 pounds.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #774
abuC
Cuba

Almost blacked out at the gym today, stood up way too quickly after doing some really heavy pendlay rows and got that light headed feeling. I've never passed out or blacked out in my life, but I know it was pretty close to happening.

Good shit @ Like a Bosh, keep it up.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #775
alenleomessi
W

Quote:

Almost blacked out at the gym today, stood up way too quickly after doing some really heavy pendlay rows and got that light headed feeling. I've never passed out or blacked out in my life, but I know it was pretty close to happening.

i feel the same when i do barbell rows... if i start doing deadlift i will probably collapse
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #776
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:

I had that happen once too. I dunno if my sugar was low or if it was heat related, it was like 90 degrees outside. But I drank a whole bottle of water and still felt like I was gonna pass out. Only thing that ended up helping was a freeze pop
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #777
sundizz

Quote:
How much do you weigh?

I don't see how you're getting the protein you need, you're bound to lose muscle with the type of cut you're on. There's only 8g of protein in an entire can of Pinto beans, there's about 50-60g of protein in half a pound of chicken, the salad probably has 4oz of chicken in it so cut that total in half. You're lucky if you're hitting 80g of protein per day.

I'm cutting also, but I keep my protein intake north of 220gs and my strength has stayed constant on most lifts and has gone up on some despite losing weight.

I am not on the need THAT much protein bandwagon (no offense). I've heard and read a lot of stuff about eating too much protein. Humans in general don't really need anywhere near the amount of protein that a lot of workout people seem to think.

Also, where u getting this 8 gm of protein for pinto beans? The pinto beans can I eat from has 30 grams of protein with 450 total calories for 1 can.

I am not concerned about strength at this point. My main concern is cutting fat, flexibility and toning. I want my body to FEEL really good. I'll slowly build strength, but unless my lower back, etc all are flexible and ready to go 100% I'm not gonna concern myself with lifting heavy heavy weights to gain strength.

I'm 5'7, about 160.

I've decided to try and do this:

1 pm to 2 pm: workout
2:30 pm: 2 slices of toast with butter, 2 glasses of milk
3 pm: 2 small bananas
4:30 pm: Chicken salad/Sandwich
7:45 pm: Pinto beans (whole can), cheese, guac, sour cream, salsa

Not sure how many calories that is...but it seems like a decent enough schedule for now. I'm staying at a hotel..so it is a little bit tough to eat exactly a perfect diet (not that I want to haha) since I can't cook often.

Last edited by sundizz : 08-07-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #778
Balla_Status

That diet is fucked. Do you work weird hours?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #779
sundizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That diet is fucked. Do you work weird hours?

No, I don't work weird hours. Why would you say that? I'm a student...just gotta study and such.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #780
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i feel the same when i do barbell rows... if i start doing deadlift i will probably collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I had that happen once too. I dunno if my sugar was low or if it was heat related, it was like 90 degrees outside. But I drank a whole bottle of water and still felt like I was gonna pass out. Only thing that ended up helping was a freeze pop

Glad I'm not the only one that almost passed out, I knew exactly why it happened and started laughing about how close I came to taking a nose dive

Quote:
I am not on the need THAT much protein bandwagon (no offense). I've heard and read a lot of stuff about eating too much protein. Humans in general don't really need anywhere near the amount of protein that a lot of workout people seem to think.

Also, where u getting this 8 gm of protein for pinto beans? The pinto beans can I eat from has 30 grams of protein with 450 total calories for 1 can.

I am not concerned about strength at this point. My main concern is cutting fat, flexibility and toning. I want my body to FEEL really good. I'll slowly build strength, but unless my lower back, etc all are flexible and ready to go 100% I'm not gonna concern myself with lifting heavy heavy weights to gain strength.

I'm 5'7, about 160.

I've decided to try and do this:

1 pm to 2 pm: workout
2:30 pm: 2 slices of toast with butter, 2 glasses of milk
3 pm: 2 small bananas
4:30 pm: Chicken salad/Sandwich
7:45 pm: Pinto beans (whole can), cheese, guac, sour cream, salsa

Not sure how many calories that is...but it seems like a decent enough schedule for now. I'm staying at a hotel..so it is a little bit tough to eat exactly a perfect diet (not that I want to haha) since I can't cook often.

Well, whether you're on the bandwagon or not ACSM and the ADA both recommend higher protein intake for people working out. If you want to retain muscle while cutting weight you up your protein intake level, what you're basically doing is a crash diet, your body is going to sacrifice muscle and break it down. It's not a matter of lifting heavy weights or even strength training, you say you want to "tone" but toning is just a result of muscle mass and lower body fat levels.

Your diet just doesn't seem all that good IMO, and will probably lead to you gaining back whatever weight you're trying to lose in addition to losing a decent amount of muscle mass you have now. It's not sustainable and seems pretty bad.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: