Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #781
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I keep seeing people saying Hugh Jackman has chicken legs.

His quads are obviously jacked. I think a lot of fat asses don't realize what big leg muscles look like on a really lean person.

bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #782
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Also you only see his legs from the front on

You can see how skinny my leg looks from the front:

Then when I turn it to the side:

Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #783
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

He's deadlifting some serious weight there. I'm sure he's roided up though.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #784
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

How much weight is that exactly? I've only dealt with generic black bumper plates.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #785
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
How much weight is that exactly? I've only dealt with generic black bumper plates.

Looks like 405 to me. The reds are 45, the blue is 35, the big black plate is 45 and the little black plate is 10
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #786
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I still honestly don't understand the use of gloves. All the ones I've used just make me lose feel for the bar (similar to using thick-soled shoes for basketball) and they don't help with letting the bar stay on my hands. :/ That plus going barehand always allows me to grip harder.

I also feel my grip strength is better because I am not using gloves. Gloves are not necessary for working out. You get stronger by not using them. Maybe straps for heavy dead lifting but thats it.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #787
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looking to cut fat while maintain muscle mass. What kind of diet is optimal for this? Pretty sure this has been discussed in detail here but dont feel like sifting though 50 pages. Can someone link the page or give me a solid idea of a good solid diet plan?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #788
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Extremely hard to lose body fat and maintain all of your muscle mass.

Whatever you do, don't buy into the pill hype.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #789
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Looks like 405 to me. The reds are 45, the blue is 35, the big black plate is 45 and the little black plate is 10

Decent lift for someone who weighs around 215lbs and is his height. Pretty much double his bodyweight.
Still, just by the way he looks in the Wolverine movies, I expected him to be able to lift more than me.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #790
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Decent lift for someone who weighs around 215lbs and is his height. Pretty much double his bodyweight.
Still, just by the way he looks in the Wolverine movies, I expected him to be able to lift more than me.

Well, we don't know that it's a max. But yeah that would be a pretty average max for a guy his size.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #791
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Now THIS is a deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkRkPigvO9Y

granted I think he's wearing a suit and they're touch in go...its pretty f'n amazing consider he hovers around 130 pounds
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #792
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Now THIS is a deadlift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkRkPigvO9Y

granted I think he's wearing a suit and they're touch in go...its pretty f'n amazing consider he hovers around 130 pounds

Holy shit
Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #793
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Ended up taking last week off, first time in 7 months, just sort of happened too. Everyday I told myself I'd go to the gym, but just felt like before hand, on the plus side I feel fully re-charged and will be going tonight.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #794
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Ended up taking last week off, first time in 7 months, just sort of happened too. Everyday I told myself I'd go to the gym, but just felt like before hand, on the plus side I feel fully re-charged and will be going tonight.
Nothing wrong with taking a little time off, especially after working your azz off for 7 months straight. Funny thing is you will probably see more gains during your rest time.

Had two weeks off about 4 months ago (cause of a cracked rib). I was also able to heal up some nagging injuries during that time. Which ends up helping more in the long run.

lift on bro!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #795
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Looking to cut fat while maintain muscle mass. What kind of diet is optimal for this? Pretty sure this has been discussed in detail here but dont feel like sifting though 50 pages. Can someone link the page or give me a solid idea of a good solid diet plan?

My old diet during bulking was 6-7 meals a day depending on how hungry I am.

8ozs of chicken/10oz fish/7oz beef for each meal, 1 cup of brown rice for each meal during the day except for maybe 1, which I replace the rice with vegetables.

So once I started my cut, I backed off on my carbs. Now I only eat between 2-4 carb meals a day, depending on the days. 3-4 carb meals a day for leg days and deadlift/back days. 2 carb meals for the other ones. Carb meal for breakfast is a MUST; as well as a carb meal for post workout.

Since you are basically cutting your carb count by half (a ton of calories from the get go), I make up some, not all the calories, by drinking a couple more protein shakes throughout the day, or adding an extra meal or two (with no carbs). If you don’t want to add the extra shakes or meals, then add more fats into your diet with almonds.

If you have the time to go to the gym twice a day, do it. 1 for weights, 1 for cardio. The more cardio you do, the more extra protein/nutrients you can eat without colliding with your caloric deficient diet.

P.S. if you want to do fasted cardio in the morning right when you wake up, don't do it with high intensity as you will more than likely lose more muscle mass than usual. Just do light walking and get your heart rate to ~130.

Last edited by riseagainst : 08-05-2013 at 05:10 PM.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: