Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #811
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

That diet is fucked. Do you work weird hours?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #812
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That diet is fucked. Do you work weird hours?

No, I don't work weird hours. Why would you say that? I'm a student...just gotta study and such.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #813
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i feel the same when i do barbell rows... if i start doing deadlift i will probably collapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I had that happen once too. I dunno if my sugar was low or if it was heat related, it was like 90 degrees outside. But I drank a whole bottle of water and still felt like I was gonna pass out. Only thing that ended up helping was a freeze pop

Glad I'm not the only one that almost passed out, I knew exactly why it happened and started laughing about how close I came to taking a nose dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
I am not on the need THAT much protein bandwagon (no offense). I've heard and read a lot of stuff about eating too much protein. Humans in general don't really need anywhere near the amount of protein that a lot of workout people seem to think.

Also, where u getting this 8 gm of protein for pinto beans? The pinto beans can I eat from has 30 grams of protein with 450 total calories for 1 can.

I am not concerned about strength at this point. My main concern is cutting fat, flexibility and toning. I want my body to FEEL really good. I'll slowly build strength, but unless my lower back, etc all are flexible and ready to go 100% I'm not gonna concern myself with lifting heavy heavy weights to gain strength.

I'm 5'7, about 160.

I've decided to try and do this:

1 pm to 2 pm: workout
2:30 pm: 2 slices of toast with butter, 2 glasses of milk
3 pm: 2 small bananas
4:30 pm: Chicken salad/Sandwich
7:45 pm: Pinto beans (whole can), cheese, guac, sour cream, salsa

Not sure how many calories that is...but it seems like a decent enough schedule for now. I'm staying at a hotel..so it is a little bit tough to eat exactly a perfect diet (not that I want to haha) since I can't cook often.

Well, whether you're on the bandwagon or not ACSM and the ADA both recommend higher protein intake for people working out. If you want to retain muscle while cutting weight you up your protein intake level, what you're basically doing is a crash diet, your body is going to sacrifice muscle and break it down. It's not a matter of lifting heavy weights or even strength training, you say you want to "tone" but toning is just a result of muscle mass and lower body fat levels.

Your diet just doesn't seem all that good IMO, and will probably lead to you gaining back whatever weight you're trying to lose in addition to losing a decent amount of muscle mass you have now. It's not sustainable and seems pretty bad.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #814
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Anyone have any tips on pull up progression? I'm trying to implement them into my routine, right now I have to use the assistance machine with 90lbs just to do three sets of five.

Yes I know that's weak.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #815
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Anyone have any tips on pull up progression? I'm trying to implement them into my routine, right now I have to use the assistance machine with 90lbs just to do three sets of five.

Yes I know that's weak.

Try this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....pullups&hl=en

It's pretty good helping with progression, if you can only do 2-3 pull-ups unassisted try doing them and just building on it every day or every other day.

And it's not weak, everyone has to start somewhere.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #816
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Wow this is madness they closed every gym in my town ( and in the closest town ) because there was no fiscal... for ONE f*cking month
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #817
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

Yes I know that's weak.

Those assistance machines will get you nowhere.

Do however many real pullups that you can, even just one or two. Rest, then do it again. Rest then again. At this point the appropriate muscles will be warmed up and stimulated. Now go over to the Lat Pull Down machine and with relatively light weight bang out a set or two of 10 reps. As you pull, focus on the muscles that you just wrecked on the pullups.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #818
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Are there any specific foods that actually target fat cells and break them down?

Or is exercise/cardio and reducing fat intake the only solution?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #819
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Are there any specific foods that actually target fat cells and break them down?

Reduce CARB intake.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #820
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

There are some foods out there that set the stage for the release of fatty acids from fat stores (ex. coffee, tea, etc) but I don't think there are really any foods that directly break them down.

And +1 on Rolando's edit.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #821
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
Reduce CARB intake.

Yes, but not to the point your barely eating any carbs. I always use the 'fist rule', in other words my carb portions are no bigger than my fist. Try to make meat and veggies your main meals.

And as I always preach, make water your main beverage of choice!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #822
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Wow this is madness they closed every gym in my town ( and in the closest town ) because there was no fiscal... for ONE f*cking month

Calisthenics my friend.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #823
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Post your current workout songs, I need some extra energy for this leg day. For your time:

Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #824
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Try this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....pullups&hl=en

It's pretty good helping with progression, if you can only do 2-3 pull-ups unassisted try doing them and just building on it every day or every other day.

And it's not weak, everyone has to start somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
Those assistance machines will get you nowhere.

Do however many real pullups that you can, even just one or two. Rest, then do it again. Rest then again. At this point the appropriate muscles will be warmed up and stimulated. Now go over to the Lat Pull Down machine and with relatively light weight bang out a set or two of 10 reps. As you pull, focus on the muscles that you just wrecked on the pullups.

sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #825
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Post your current workout songs, I need some extra energy for this leg day. For your time:

Some of my go-to workout songs:

Drowning Pool - Bodies
Eminem - Til I Collapse
Machine Gun Kelly - Invincible
Nas - Hate Me Now
Fallout Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
Sick Puppies - You're Going Down
Stemm - Face the Pain (UFC Theme)
Black Keys feat. RZA - Baddest Man Alive
Puff Daddy - Victory
Kanye West - Power
Breaking Point - One of a Kind (RVD's entrance song lol)
Divide the Day - Let It Roll
Rick Ross - I'm Bad
Kevin Rudolph - In the City
The Script - Hall of Fame
D12 - Fight Music
The Game feat. Eminem - We Ain't
Pantera - Walk
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: