Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #856
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,805
Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I'm not weak or a *******
I'm moving to straps soon myself. Cause I personally want to work my back to it's full potential. Instead of worrying if my grip will hold.

Having a bit of a problem finding 'Versa Gripps'. Went to two places already...no dice.

I'm a bit worried about my forearm development once I move to straps. Might have to start working in some forearm exercises into my routine.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #857
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,658
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I'm moving to straps soon myself. Cause I personally want to work my back to it's full potential. Instead of worrying if my grip will hold.

Having a bit of a problem finding 'Versa Gripps'. Went to two places already...no dice.

I'm a bit worried about my forearm development once I move to straps. Might have to start working in some forearm exercises into my routine.


For the gripps just measure your wrists and order them online, mine are 8" and they fit in the regular/large gripps just fine even though it says 7 3/4th is the max for them.


Quote:
Versa Gripps FIT Style sizing chart - Measure wrist circumference
X-Small: 4 3/4" - 5 1/2" Small: 5 3/4" - 6 1/2" Reg/Large: 6 1/2" - 7 3/4"

I do forearm exercises in general, and I do farmers walks with 100s without straps to make sure my grip doesn't fall off much. But I also use the grips for farmers walks when I specifically want to hit my traps the most. You can balance things out by using them only when the weight gets really heavy or you're trying to rep high volume.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #858
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,658
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Just woke up, start of a tough week so wish me luck , will be doing Ultimate diet 2.0, will stay on it until I reach my goal of 10-12% body fat, which will be around 215lbs. I've messed around with the diet but never did it seriously as I plan to now.

My maintenance is 3500 calories, will be cutting that to 1700 Monday-Thursday with around 50g of carbs on those days so if my posts the next few days are angry you'll know why

The one positive is I can go absolutely crazy eating (7000-10,000 calories) on the power day / carb up period, I'm gonna get one of these big ass chocolate chip cookies that I haven't had in about a year. They were made by runners looking to carb up, so they are perfect for my needs.

Last edited by abuC : 08-12-2013 at 05:19 AM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #859
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,805
Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
For the gripps just measure your wrists and order them online, mine are 8" and they fit in the regular/large gripps just fine even though it says 7 3/4th is the max for them.




I do forearm exercises in general, and I do farmers walks with 100s without straps to make sure my grip doesn't fall off much. But I also use the grips for farmers walks when I specifically want to hit my traps the most. You can balance things out by using them only when the weight gets really heavy or you're trying to rep high volume.
Yeah, I'm not big on ordering things online, still have a few places to check out before I resort to this. But if I have to, I will. Thanks for the size advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Just woke up, start of a tough week so wish me luck , will be doing Ultimate diet 2.0, will stay on it until I reach my goal of 10-12% body fat, which will be around 215lbs. I've messed around with the diet but never did it seriously as I plan to now.

My maintenance is 3500 calories, will be cutting that to 1700 Monday-Thursday with around 50g of carbs on those days so if my posts the next few days are angry you'll know why

The one positive is I can go absolutely crazy eating (7000-10,000 calories) on the power day / carb up period, I'm gonna get one of these big ass chocolate chip cookies that I haven't had in about a year. They were made by runners looking to carb up, so they are perfect for my needs.

Damn, seems like a tough diet. Especially when lifting heavy weights at the same time. Just remember, when it starts getting tough just tell yourself, 'it's all worth it'! Good luck!
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #860
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,658
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Yeah, I'm not big on ordering things online, still have a few places to check out before I resort to this. But if I have to, I will. Thanks for the size advice.
No prob, I ordered mine from their site, can't recommend them enough.



Quote:
Damn, seems like a tough diet. Especially when lifting heavy weights at the same time. Just remember, when it starts getting tough just tell yourself, 'it's all worth it'! Good luck!


Thanks, the diet goes hand in hand with a workout that takes advantage of it so today I didn't go heavy but had to do 60% my one rep max for 6x15. A total body workout too that I have to repeat tomorrow. Then on Thursday it will be 85% 1rm 6-10 reps and Friday is power day and 3-5 reps. The diet is designed to deplete glycogen levels completely and turn fat into fuel since there are little carbs available.

Today was difficult but I think I can handle it however I expect tomorrow will be brutal

Last edited by abuC : 08-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #861
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 264
ThickassGlasses has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Just woke up, start of a tough week so wish me luck , will be doing Ultimate diet 2.0, will stay on it until I reach my goal of 10-12% body fat, which will be around 215lbs. I've messed around with the diet but never did it seriously as I plan to now.

My maintenance is 3500 calories, will be cutting that to 1700 Monday-Thursday with around 50g of carbs on those days so if my posts the next few days are angry you'll know why

The one positive is I can go absolutely crazy eating (7000-10,000 calories) on the power day / carb up period, I'm gonna get one of these big ass chocolate chip cookies that I haven't had in about a year. They were made by runners looking to carb up, so they are perfect for my needs.

That sounds awful, I can't remember the last time I ate under 2000 calories on purpose. Good luck with that bad boy.

Have you ever considered Intermittent Fasting and focused on carb timing with that?
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #862
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,658
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
That sounds awful, I can't remember the last time I ate under 2000 calories on purpose. Good luck with that bad boy.

Have you ever considered Intermittent Fasting and focused on carb timing with that?

I did it a few times last month just to see if it were possible for me to do this diet, the calories don't bother me as much as the depletion workouts. I don't use creatine or a BCAA preworkout so it's just straight up willpower that got me through todays workout, and it's going to be even harder tomorrow. thanks!


I tried IF for about a year, I've lost around 35lbs the last two years doing it without really altering my caloric intake, now I'm to the point where I have to really try hard to lose weight. If anyone wants the PDF for Ultimate Diet 2.0 or Rapid fat loss hit me up in PM.

Last edited by abuC : 08-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #863
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0uV-VrI-6A

Big E Langston hits up muscle beach for a workout

GAWWWD damn
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #864
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,658
abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Day 2 of my diet + workout that goes with it and jesus christ was today hard, everything is sore, and I'm walking like a toddler taking his/her first steps. I feel sleepy all the time, my short term memory is getting really bad but my mood is still pretty good which is a positive. So far, in the last 3 days I've had a total of 110 carbs, and I've worked out on 2 of those days. I had to drop the weight today too, was able to do 3x15 245lbs on incline but completely ran out of steam at the end and dropped all the way down to 205 to get the last 3x15. The last two workouts of the day took me almost 30 minutes to finish as I was just spacing out.

The diet itself isn't all that bad, but once you combine it with specific high rep workout it becomes difficult. Tomorrow I have off, but have to drop calories to compensate and then on Thursday in the afternoon I get to start eating again, then I have tension workout with 85% my 1rep max for 6-10 reps, on saturday it's power day and I'll see if I've lost some strength. I reccommend this diet/workout to anyone around the 15% body fat range that wants to cut, and has the willpower to eat like a Victorias secret model.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #865
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 264
ThickassGlasses has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0uV-VrI-6A

Big E Langston hits up muscle beach for a workout

GAWWWD damn

Dude was curling in the squat rack!


ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #866
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,131
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Well, this morning I tried to dead 405 and got it 2/3's of the way up before conking out. Progress; not too long ago I could barely budge it.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #867
sundizz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,198
sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Why do you guys lift so much weight? I'm really very curious. Girls, for the most part, seem to go for a leaner look (swimmer look being the perfect mix).

Do you play any sports that all of this helps you at? Is it just for personal preference in terms of how you look?

I've been working out pretty hard and I love the feeling. I am working out though first and foremost so that my body feels good. Not necessarily strong, or anything but rather liquid like. I want to feel fast, light, and strong (aka a young Jordan).

Most importantly, I want to gain back flexibility a lot. I want to be able to move around with ease, and do so well into my 50's. I could dominate on a basketball court, but I can't touch my toes, and I've had a lot of lower back pain in my life.

These past 20 to 30 days and it is amazing how much of a change it makes. I absolutely love it.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #868
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year
 
Tarik One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,504
Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I've been getting completely raped with this YMCA membership. Can't wait until September 1st
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #869
Rolando
Good High School Starter
 
Rolando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 874
Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Why do you guys lift so much weight? I'm really very curious. Girls, for the most part, seem to go for a leaner look (swimmer look being the perfect mix).

Do you play any sports that all of this helps you at? Is it just for personal preference in terms of how you look?

I've been working out pretty hard and I love the feeling. I am working out though first and foremost so that my body feels good. Not necessarily strong, or anything but rather liquid like. I want to feel fast, light, and strong (aka a young Jordan).

Most importantly, I want to gain back flexibility a lot. I want to be able to move around with ease, and do so well into my 50's. I could dominate on a basketball court, but I can't touch my toes, and I've had a lot of lower back pain in my life.

These past 20 to 30 days and it is amazing how much of a change it makes. I absolutely love it.

I like the feeling of being the strongest guy in the room which happens occasionally. That's why I lift heavy.

Hot chicks like big fückers too.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #870
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,131
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Eh, it has nothing to do with girls. I just enjoy strength training and exceeding my personal bests.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy