Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #76
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I wish I would've done progression pictures.

Me too. I have post workout pics from a couple years back and i have post workout pics from now where you can really see the difference, but I never took official "before and after" pics that you always see on infomercials and stuff.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Me too. I have post workout pics from a couple years back and i have post workout pics from now where you can really see the difference, but I never took official "before and after" pics that you always see on infomercials and stuff.
I know. I had a gut when I was 238. If I work semi-loose clothing you couldn't tell I was 238 unless you saw my gut, which is now pretty much gone. Rightnow I'm just working on that hard-to-get-fat that's the bottom layer of the belly. Most stubborn stuff lose, but it's going...slowly away. I want to try to have some definition by July when it's pool time. I work my core 3 times a week and my upper and lower body two times a week. Then run 3 times a week too, but I also run for 1-2 minutes between every other set on lifting days too. Probably run about 1 to 1.2 miles when it's all said and done.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #78
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah i was doing the opposite. Like I said i've added probably 20 pounds of muscle on top of the skeleton child that i used to be a couple years ago and it's been HARD.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #79
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I know. I had a gut when I was 238. If I work semi-loose clothing you couldn't tell I was 238 unless you saw my gut, which is now pretty much gone. Rightnow I'm just working on that hard-to-get-fat that's the bottom layer of the belly. Most stubborn stuff lose, but it's going...slowly away. I want to try to have some definition by July when it's pool time. I work my core 3 times a week and my upper and lower body two times a week. Then run 3 times a week too, but I also run for 1-2 minutes between every other set on lifting days too. Probably run about 1 to 1.2 miles when it's all said and done.

That shit doesn't go away for me. I was like 165ish at one point. I looked unhealthily skinny, people would tell me I looked sick but I still had belly fat
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #80
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
That shit doesn't go away for me. I was like 165ish at one point. I looked unhealthily skinny, people would tell me I looked sick but I still had belly fat
How tall are you?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #81
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

around 6 foot
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #82
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah i was doing the opposite. Like I said i've added probably 20 pounds of muscle on top of the skeleton child that i used to be a couple years ago and it's been HARD.

Thats a good amount of muscle in that time frame. I'm trying to make some more gains too. I've always been a lanky muh****uh.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #83
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Sup guys? Didn't really wanna see this thread die as this would be a pretty good thread, of ya ask me. Plus I don't wanna sign up for BB.com.

Anyway, how're y'all holding up? Thought I might share my training sessions for the next 5 weeks. I do this on Mondays and Fridays. I really like this template which is patterned after the Lean Hybrid Muscle approach of Elliott Hulse and Mike Westerdal and supposedly this neo-Westside Barbell method Chandler Marchman cooked up. Look up Elliott on YouTube if you have time. One of the best freaking decisions I've ever made in my LIFE. Search up strengthcamp for his training channel as he has like 2 other alternative channels that deal with more esoteric stuff. Chandler's also a worthy watch. He's more for those guys who do appreciate some science but want to hear it in a more meathead manner. Anyway,

POWER/EXPLOSIVENESS
Power Clean (from the hang): 100 lbs x 5, 120 x 5, 130 x 3, 120 x 4

HYPERTROPHY
Density Sets of the ff exercises (7 mins each || Ladder of 1-2)

Push Press: 90 lbs || Reps Performed: 30
(Did a 100 last week but Ipmy form went to shit so I took it down a notch. Don't wanna get stuck with shitty form for the rest of my life)

Weighted Chin-Ups: BW+ 10 lbs || Reps Performed: 20
(Did +15 last week but I started doing it on the TRX this week since I don't have my playground anymore. Chin-Ups on rings/suspension gear are THAT much harder than they are on fixed bars. Safer for your elbows and shoulders too. But yeah, I had a pretty hard time with this one.)

Weighted Push-Ups: BW + 65 lbs || Reps Performed: 27
(Nothing much with this one. Looking to get at LEAST 30 on Friday before I progress to 70 lbs)

CONDITIONING/FINISHER
A) KB Snatch x 5 (right hand)
B) KB Overhead Walk x 2 laps on my floor (right hand)
C) KB Snatch x 5 (left hand)
D) KB Overhead Walk x 2 laps on my floor (left hand)
E) KB Swings

Complete circuit 3x
Only have a 15 lb Kettlebell, so yeah, plus it's just for conditioning work anyway.

As I said, this template is pretty damn solid if you're game for it. I combine this with my intermittent fasting and I already gained like 6 or 7 lbs in the last 2 months. I'm doing this scheme again because I haven't followed it properly the last 2 weeks due to a mini vacation plus moving houses. Funny things is that it might seem like a lot but it makes me feel energized. Like Pavel said, the best way to train your CNS and muscular system is to make continuous strength gains without breaking the muscle down too much. Or else.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #84
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
Anyone know of a great pre-workout supplement?

I just made the switch over to Fast Fuel, its a good clean supplement with no banned substances.

I used to use Jack3d, NO Xplode, Neurocore, Assault, Hemo-Range, Body Octane, and a few other ones. Really liking Fast Fuel right now though.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #85
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2 mile jog. :35 second 11.8 mph 1:10 jog 6.2 mph
Press 110 5 x 3 (long arms fukkkkk)
Face Pulls Start from near the bottom of stack and do 80 reps consecutively going down drop sets
5 sets of 13 pullups
Deadlift 335 Singles*5 (double overhand, no belt)
Ab Circuit: Planks, Side Planks, Russian Twists, Full Contact Twists, Stomach Vacuums, Reverse Crunches, Hanging Leg Raise, Russian Ballet Leg Thrust, Consecutively.

Semper Fi.

Feeling the pump and a near bulletproof stomach.

lol nyg i was 190-ish a few years back (and dropped weight fast since goals have changed was pretty damn strong back then. im one of thsoe dudes that can pack on mass and lose it the fastest, but my natural frame is like 5'11" 150ish Reason why I give out so much advice is because I've studied, researched, implemented, and flat out know a lot of stuff in regards to the brain and the body which is my major in college. and the sources go like this
If you want quirky exercises to make you look symmetrical, go to Vince Gironda
If you want to get big and strong, ask Dave Tate or Mark Rippetoe
If you want to be an athletic freak, then KELLY BAGGETT is your man
If you want two sites which u had to depend the rest of your life on then it is T-Nation, and higherfastersports
If you want bigger arms, go Poliquin.

nice circuit.. very cross-fitty.. but not gay. an admirable feat!

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 05-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #86
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

5'9" and usually around 130-140 lbs... more often around 135.

YES that looks skinny, but I am cut. I play bball and blessed with metabolism. The only thing I really do is about 50 pushups and 100 crunches 3 times a week. I feel like all I really have to do is stay active and play bball and I can keep this shape for the rest of my life... granted its getting harder and harder to do the older I get and the less time I have to ball, but I love to play, schoolin youngins is a gift
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #87
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

Just got done running 3 miles. It feels so good after running.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #88
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:

If got access to a Captain's Chair, try that. That'll get rid of all that lower gut fat
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #89
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
2 mile jog. :35 second 11.8 mph 1:10 jog 6.2 mph
Press 110 5 x 3 (long arms fukkkkk)
Face Pulls Start from near the bottom of stack and do 80 reps consecutively going down drop sets
5 sets of 13 pullups
Deadlift 335 Singles*5 (double overhand, no belt)
Ab Circuit: Planks, Side Planks, Russian Twists, Full Contact Twists, Stomach Vacuums, Reverse Crunches, Hanging Leg Raise, Russian Ballet Leg Thrust, Consecutively.

Semper Fi.

Feeling the pump and a near bulletproof stomach.

lol nyg i was 190-ish a few years back (and dropped weight fast since goals have changed was pretty damn strong back then. im one of thsoe dudes that can pack on mass and lose it the fastest, but my natural frame is like 5'11" 150ish Reason why I give out so much advice is because I've studied, researched, implemented, and flat out know a lot of stuff in regards to the brain and the body which is my major in college. and the sources go like this
If you want quirky exercises to make you look symmetrical, go to Vince Gironda
If you want to get big and strong, ask Dave Tate or Mark Rippetoe
If you want to be an athletic freak, then KELLY BAGGETT is your man
If you want two sites which u had to depend the rest of your life on then it is T-Nation, and higherfastersports
If you want bigger arms, go Poliquin.

nice circuit.. very cross-fitty.. but not gay. an admirable feat!

good core workout. nice job
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #90
daballa13
Great young streetballer

daballa13 has not been impressing people

I don't know why but I'm feeling inadequate, I really want to add size even though I have that summer body. I've lost a lot of weight on my cut and I'm now at 186 lbs. at 6'2 and ~ 8.5-9% body fat. I don't think I'll ever be content with my body.
daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: