Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #961
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 265
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

A couple videos of my deadlifts today.

Nothing heavy, just 345 for 6's, ended up doing 4 sets at that weight, I believe these were the middle two.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjx90...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMo2Y...ature=youtu.be
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #962
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,955
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Tweaked my back on Wednesday (not sure if I pulled a muscle or what in the lat area), still felt it today, but instead of resting I said, "Hey let's try deadlifts today."

Worked up to 425 and tweaked it again
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #963
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Tweaked my back on Wednesday (not sure if I pulled a muscle or what in the lat area), still felt it today, but instead of resting I said, "Hey let's try deadlifts today."

Worked up to 425 and tweaked it again
I'm stubborn the same way. Hurt, sick, or tired, I always go in there and hit the weights. This can be viewed as a positive or negative thing.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #964
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
A couple videos of my deadlifts today.

Nothing heavy, just 345 for 6's, ended up doing 4 sets at that weight, I believe these were the middle two.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjx90...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMo2Y...ature=youtu.be

Very nice! that sh!t looked heavy as fvck!. Your form is pretty good too.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #965
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I hate when you guys say "Oh, nothing heavy," but it's more than how many plates I have at home. :/

And is everybody serious when they say olympic barbell sets over there cost just a $100? Got damn, I should have just had something shipped or something. The one I got cost me almost 5 times and with less weight.

Awesome form on the DL, TG. Are you looking at the bar though or does your head really turn a bit to the side?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #966
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 265
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I hate when you guys say "Oh, nothing heavy," but it's more than how many plates I have at home. :/

And is everybody serious when they say olympic barbell sets over there cost just a $100? Got damn, I should have just had something shipped or something. The one I got cost me almost 5 times and with less weight.

Awesome form on the DL, TG. Are you looking at the bar though or does your head really turn a bit to the side?

Thank you!

As far as not heavy, i meant from a 1 rep standpoint.

Also I have always looked down at both hands (at the bar) to make sure I locked my hips out, just a habit.
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #967
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,533
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
A couple videos of my deadlifts today.

Nothing heavy, just 345 for 6's, ended up doing 4 sets at that weight, I believe these were the middle two.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjx90...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMo2Y...ature=youtu.be

Nice work. You actually fire your glutes unlike me when I started getting to heavier weights. Very nice form.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #968
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
Thank you!

As far as not heavy, i meant from a 1 rep standpoint.

Also I have always looked down at both hands (at the bar) to make sure I locked my hips out, just a habit.

I envy you though. I'm assuming that's your set-up at home? I just really need more plates and I'm good to go. A squat rack would be nice, but it's actually a nice side effect forcing yourself from time to time to up your power clean in order to move heavier weights on Front Squats and OHPs.

Btw, I haven't thanked you for the Fat Gripz part. Definitely looking forward to getting a pair now.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #969
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,955
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I hate when you guys say "Oh, nothing heavy," but it's more than how many plates I have at home. :/

And is everybody serious when they say olympic barbell sets over there cost just a $100? Got damn, I should have just had something shipped or something. The one I got cost me almost 5 times and with less weight.

Awesome form on the DL, TG. Are you looking at the bar though or does your head really turn a bit to the side?
Depends on the quality of the equipment you're getting. Texas Power Bars cost around $300-400 and yes that's only for the bar

Are you able to order anything from U.S. based sites or does shipping just cost too much?

Also for anyone interested, elitefts just released their "So you think you can deadlift?" series. Some useful information there.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #970
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Depends on the quality of the equipment you're getting. Texas Power Bars cost around $300-400 and yes that's only for the bar

Are you able to order anything from U.S. based sites or does shipping just cost too much?

Also for anyone interested, elitefts just released their "So you think you can deadlift?" series. Some useful information there.

I got mine from a local make that supplies a vast majority of gyms in the country. I'm from the Philippines so yeah, I'm willing to bet shipping's gonna cost a lot too. The set was more a "Welcome to Manhood" gift from my mom last year. Before that , I was training exclusively with a rusty old EZ curl bar my dad left after he moved out. It could only carry up to 170, so when the time came for more weight, I tied plated to the bar using handkerchiefs.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #971
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 265
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Nice work. You actually fire your glutes unlike me when I started getting to heavier weights. Very nice form.
Thanks, it took a while for the glutes tho. I have big quads from being overweight when I was younger n always using them for squats and dls during his football, so I have to concentrate on heels down. I usually end up dorsiflexing like crazy for big pulls.
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #972
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 265
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I envy you though. I'm assuming that's your set-up at home? I just really need more plates and I'm good to go. A squat rack would be nice, but it's actually a nice side effect forcing yourself from time to time to up your power clean in order to move heavier weights on Front Squats and OHPs.

Btw, I haven't thanked you for the Fat Gripz part. Definitely looking forward to getting a pair now.

I wish it was mine, I still live in an apartment do no home gym until I get a house. That's a friend of mine who just got the bar n bumpers a week ago, very nice bar tho. I think the bar alone was 360 ish from rogue fitness, high end bar but not the highest. It's extremely smooth for oly lifting esp when comparing to commercial gym bars. His next step is a squat rack (probably just half or adjustable), and adjustable bench and adjustable db's then he's all set. He has rings already set up.

Np, fat gripz are the way to go imo, we'll worth the money.

Last edited by ThickassGlasses : 08-24-2013 at 10:25 AM.
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #973
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Finally got around to it today.

Did a fairly light session, and I gotta say, I love the decline already. Only did 135lbs for 12, 185lbs for 12, 225lbs for 12 and 245lbs for 12, and felt better. I've never really done it to be honest bar a few times, but it feels like it hits a completely different part of my chest. A LOT less strain on the shoulders too.

With incline, I would feel it messing up on my warm up set on 135lbs. Here I can essentially add double the weight and it feels better than my warm up set.


It's a great lift, I've seen so much misinformation about it, my previous gym I was pretty much the only person using the decline bench. I made the switch to decline about 7 months ago and haven't looked back, I haven't gone heavy on BB flat bench in almost a year pretty much abandoned the flat bb bench outside of warming up.

I recently started doing incline again maybe about 3 months ago, my shoulder is much better now.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #974
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

On vacation and still on my diet wwhich has been tough since my brother in laws grandmother is here cooking up some extremely delicious Puerto Rican food.

Last edited by abuC : 08-28-2013 at 08:43 AM.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #975
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Hurt my knee last week on vacation trying to run a 30 yard race against my brother-in-laws RC car. It had traction problems and only beat me by about 5 feet, not bad for 230+lbs frame but it came with a cost. I took a bad step towards the end and damn near blew out my knee, ended up getting a sharp pain in my back as well So, my knee has been extremely tender and I can't even attempt heavy squats or leg presses right now, but I almost won doe.

On a positive note, I got up 355x5 on decline, and 315x7 on incline yesterday, I think if I put my mind to it I could max 405, not going to try that until the end of the year though when I start a bulk.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy