Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #1006
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
How low in carbs are you going? When I first started low carb my short term memory was shot to hell and back.

I went from eating between 40-100 carbs a meal for 6 meals to 30-50 carbs for 2-3 meals. But I increased my fat and protein intake.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #1007
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Anyone here have any experience with liquid egg whites? I really don't have time in the morning to separate my own and I've heard a bunch of people rave about them so its something I've been thinking about looking into.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #1008
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Anyone here have any experience with liquid egg whites? I really don't have time in the morning to separate my own and I've heard a bunch of people rave about them so its something I've been thinking about looking into.
It's just liquid egg whites. What more do you need to know? It's convenient. Buy them.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1009
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
It's just liquid egg whites. What more do you need to know? It's convenient. Buy them.

IDK why I laughed at this.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1010
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii

I dont know why i even bother responding to you anymore, but I meant different brands, different recipes, different uses, opinions taste wise etc.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #1011
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
I went from eating between 40-100 carbs a meal for 6 meals to 30-50 carbs for 2-3 meals. But I increased my fat and protein intake.

That's pretty good, the first week of low carbs and exercising is hell. My daily intake for carbs should be around 400, but I'm down to 50 per day for most of the week, fat is melting off my body.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #1012
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Haven't tried them but they do seem convenient, let me know how it goes. Next time I'm in the grocery store I'm gonna look them up, interested to know the nutritional info.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #1013
sunsfan1357
Word.

To be honest it only takes about 3 seconds to separate an egg white but if its that much of an inconvenience then go for the liquid stuff. I tried them once or twice and didn't like it much.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #1014
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

I honestly hate seeing people throw away the egg yolks. It houses pretty much everything nutritious aout the egg, minus the protein, of course.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1015
abuC
Cuba

I'm at the 5 week mark for my diet, body fat has dropped 2% without much cardio, had visible abs at 231lbs. I'm going to run it for another 5-6 weeks, aiming for 215-220lbs at 10-12% still, then will bulk up to 275 ish and cut down to 235lbs.

My strength is going up, but my muscle endurance has taken a small hit, I can rep heavy but can't rep out like I used to.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #1016
abuC
Cuba

I need a spot, I'm certain I can hit 405 on bench for a rep or two, just not about to try it with some 150lbs dude spotting me
Old 09-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #1017
plowking
well DENG

Anyone experience stiffness in their neck after doing shrugs?

I did two sets and it felt like I'd slept on it wrong for 8 hours or something.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #1018
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
I need a spot, I'm certain I can hit 405 on bench for a rep or two, just not about to try it with some 150lbs dude spotting me
I hear ya, is there anyone in your gym that can help you out?

If not, you could always do the bench inside a rack with the safety bars set so that you don't kill yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Anyone experience stiffness in their neck after doing shrugs?

I did two sets and it felt like I'd slept on it wrong for 8 hours or something.

You probably shocked the muscle, when was the last time you did shrugs before this?

Thing about lifting weights, you will always have some sort of pain, stiffness or injury. Rarely do you feel 100%. It's just part of the game.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #1019
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:

I weigh about that much and I assure you I won't drop it brah I'll think of it as a rack pull.

F*cking pharyngitis and appetite loss and 15 hour school/workdays and parasitical relatives. I am losing weight rapidly.. have veins on my quads. Not good.

Right after this semesters over I am heading the fukk over to Trader Joes and making sure to get at least 3K cals of good stuff in me for the next few months.

Anywho, any of you guys use T-nation?

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 09-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #1020
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak

You probably shocked the muscle, when was the last time you did shrugs before this?

Thing about lifting weights, you will always have some sort of pain, stiffness or injury. Rarely do you feel 100%. It's just part of the game.

You caught me, since it has been forever since I last did it. But it was mainly due to my shoulder problem. Didn't think shrugs would be a good idea.

I have really big traps naturally anyway, so I don't really look at it as a necessity for me, though I figure recently I'm trying to balance all my muscles from the back and front, I figured, why not. Now I have this stiff neck (although its almost gone).

Anyway, I'm off to do squats at the gym right now. Been seeing some nice gains. Well not really, since I used to be able to do what I'm doing now a while back. But am happy with my progression since getting back into squatting in the last 4 weeks or so. My knee feels fine too, so that's a positive.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: