Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #1021
alenleomessi
W

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
The one I have is far too tight for me.
Next time I have an empty gym late at night, I will go ahead and do that for you. I'll give you the option of choosing underhand or overhand grip as well?
oh man you are talking about pullups/chinups and i thought muscle ups... i was like is this guy serious?!
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #1022
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
oh man you are talking about pullups/chinups and i thought muscle ups... i was like is this guy serious?!

And presented here is the importance of reading. Just kidding, leo, but yeah, was wondering why you seemed a bit sarcastic.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #1023
plowking
Kevin Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

LOL... Hell no. I can maybe do 2. Maybe... I'm terrible at getting rhythm for muscle ups, so my form ends up being too strict, and I don't have enough energy.

I just came back from the gym, after eating a triple scoop ice cream from Baskin and Robins. Got up 18 pull ups anyway, just for reference, and that was in the middle of a shoulder day.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #1024
abuC
Cuba

I posted on another forum about this, but I love and hate my gym at the same time, it gives me a really skewered perception of how strong I am and how I'm built. There's a ton of really obvious steroid users at my gym and yesterday some dude sat down next to me put up 160# dumbbells 8 times on incline bench. He didn't need a spot and he gave someone an incredulous look when they asked him if he needed help setting them up.

It's hard to get a gauge of where I am if I compare myself to all these juiceheads, I'm stronger than some of them but even those dudes look like they're much stronger than they are. The amount of people with caveman brows and shoulders jutting out from their body is crazy high at my gym.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #1025
plowking
Kevin Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I posted on another forum about this, but I love and hate my gym at the same time, it gives me a really skewered perception of how strong I am and how I'm built. There's a ton of really obvious steroid users at my gym and yesterday some dude sat down next to me put up 160# dumbbells 8 times on incline bench. He didn't need a spot and he gave someone an incredulous look when they asked him if he needed help setting them up.

It's hard to get a gauge of where I am if I compare myself to all these juiceheads, I'm stronger than some of them but even those dudes look like they're much stronger than they are. The amount of people with caveman brows and shoulders jutting out from their body is crazy high at my gym.

Are you seriously asking where you fit in?

You put up 150lbs dumbbells. You're easily in the elite.

I was always worried about my chest, since when you'd ask people what they bench, they'd say some pretty nice numbers, and reading bodybuilding.com, you'd see some good numbers, despite me lifting longer than people and barely putting up more.
Then I put it into perspective, and realized I'm 6'3 and I can lift more than 1.5 times my bodyweight on the lift. I'm doing great. From what I can remember, you're a tad heavier than me (maybe 235lbs), and you put up 405lbs twice? You're killing it. Its ridiculous to be able to put up nearly double your bodyweight.

The only thing I can complain about at the moment is my legs. I can't even squat as much as I can bench, but I did have a half year layoff due to fear of reinjuring my knee, and it is quickly becoming my favorite lift again.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #1026
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Are you seriously asking where you fit in?

You put up 150lbs dumbbells. You're easily in the elite.

I was always worried about my chest, since when you'd ask people what they bench, they'd say some pretty nice numbers, and reading bodybuilding.com, you'd see some good numbers, despite me lifting longer than people and barely putting up more.
Then I put it into perspective, and realized I'm 6'3 and I can lift more than 1.5 times my bodyweight on the lift. I'm doing great. From what I can remember, you're a tad heavier than me (maybe 235lbs), and you put up 405lbs twice? You're killing it. Its ridiculous to be able to put up nearly double your bodyweight.

The only thing I can complain about at the moment is my legs. I can't even squat as much as I can bench, but I did have a half year layoff due to fear of reinjuring my knee, and it is quickly becoming my favorite lift again.

Thanks

Yeah man, I have a little body dysmorphia going on, it's hard to get an idea of my place because my gym is just full of steroid users and I only post on one other forum (a gaming one at that) about fitness. I see people at my gym struggling with 275lbs on bench and never deadlifting/squating, yet they're built like Adonis because of all the juice they're on. It's not so much my numbers as it is I don't look like the roid users who are putting in less work, lifting less and still seeing gains, it's kind of annoying so I've stopped comparing myself to them.

I love the gym because it pushes me harder, but damn all these roid heads there. I hope to put up 405x2 by the end of the year when I start bulking, I'm pretty sure I can do 405x1 right now. You'll get back to your old squat numbers, I personally hate squats but still do them.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #1027
plowking
Kevin Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Thanks

Yeah man, I have a little body dysmorphia going on, it's hard to get an idea of my place because my gym is just full of steroid users and I only post on one other forum (a gaming one at that) about fitness. I see people at my gym struggling with 275lbs on bench and never deadlifting/squating, yet they're built like Adonis because of all the juice they're on. It's not so much my numbers as it is I don't look like the roid users who are putting in less work, lifting less and still seeing gains, it's kind of annoying so I've stopped comparing myself to them.

I love the gym because it pushes me harder, but damn all these roid heads there. I hope to put up 405x2 by the end of the year when I start bulking, I'm pretty sure I can do 405x1 right now. You'll get back to your old squat numbers, I personally hate squats but still do them.

My body is a bit different to yours then, since I haven't really noticed that much of a difference in my body when comparing to how much I was lifting say a year and a bit ago compared to now.
I've always looked big and strong, even prior to gyming hard all those years ago, and actually being strong. Always had a big back and wide shoulders.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #1028
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

What time do you guys like to work out?

I love working out about an hour after I wake up(7am). Workout, shower and on with my day. I like 'getting it out of the way' but I know some guys like the evening. Which do you guys prefer?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #1029
PullupJay
the inner machinations

PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #1030
PullupJay
the inner machinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak

I love working out about an hour after I wake up(7am). Workout, shower and on with my day. I like 'getting it out of the way' but I know some guys like the evening. Which do you guys prefer?
I alternate.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1031
Rolando
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak

Early morning workout for me too. I like it because nothing ever can screw with your schedule. If you work out in the afternoons, random crap always pops up and threatens it.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1032
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Why does something tell me you saw that on Elliott Hulse's FB page?

Zen: I usually train in the afternoon, around 5/5:30. I finish at before 7 and just in time to take a bath and eat a boatload of food after. Haha! I do my sprints or other conditioning stuff in the morning though, around an hour after I wake up too.

What makes you like going at it in the morning though? It's not that I'm groggy in the morning, but I just feel less physically willing to do any sort of heavy lifting. I feel like when the sun is out, I should be more dynamic.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #1033
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Why does something tell me you saw that on Elliott Hulse's FB page?

Zen: I usually train in the afternoon, around 5/5:30. I finish at before 7 and just in time to take a bath and eat a boatload of food after. Haha! I do my sprints or other conditioning stuff in the morning though, around an hour after I wake up too.

What makes you like going at it in the morning though? It's not that I'm groggy in the morning, but I just feel less physically willing to do any sort of heavy lifting. I feel like when the sun is out, I should be more dynamic.

Actually I didn't see it on Hulse's FB page. But I do enjoy his videos. Dude is super knowledgeable.

I like the morning cause, like I said, it gets it out of the way to do what I want the rest of my day. For me to workout in the evening would mean I'd have to workout after my job (when I have the least amount of energy). Plus I find that after I lift in the morning, I get a certain amount of energy and alertness, that lasts throughout the day.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #1034
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
My body is a bit different to yours then, since I haven't really noticed that much of a difference in my body when comparing to how much I was lifting say a year and a bit ago compared to now.
I've always looked big and strong, even prior to gyming hard all those years ago, and actually being strong. Always had a big back and wide shoulders.

It's more a case of I have a hard time telling where the differences are between last year and now, even though my lifts this year are much higher than they were last year. I don't see the changes, where as my friends who haven't seen me in a while all go

Zan, I usually work out at around 9pm on Monday/tuesday, Thurs/Saturday I go around 6pm.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1035
PullupJay
the inner machinations

Do any of you people go for runs?

Some people say it will stop you from building muscle, others say its good because it gets rid of extra fat especially around your abs.

i iz confuzzledd halp mehh
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: