Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #1021
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I like to super-set traps with high rows. I call them "face pulls."
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #1022
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I like to super-set traps with high rows. I call them "face pulls."
thats what its called
underrated exercise

i never do supersets, but i saw the rock post on his facebook a photo doing lat pulldowns with a caption first exercise supersets pullups/pulldowns, so i thought i would give it a try since my back workout has been getting boring... it was pretty good, but i should have done it with some weight on the pullups since it got a lot of reps...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #1023
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

You caught me, since it has been forever since I last did it. But it was mainly due to my shoulder problem. Didn't think shrugs would be a good idea.

I have really big traps naturally anyway, so I don't really look at it as a necessity for me, though I figure recently I'm trying to balance all my muscles from the back and front, I figured, why not. Now I have this stiff neck (although its almost gone).

Anyway, I'm off to do squats at the gym right now. Been seeing some nice gains. Well not really, since I used to be able to do what I'm doing now a while back. But am happy with my progression since getting back into squatting in the last 4 weeks or so. My knee feels fine too, so that's a positive.

I'm the same. Except with shoulders. I have naturally cut/big shoulders so I sometimes go weeks without working them, and when I do I can barely lift my arms the next day.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #1024
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Plowking, are you looking forward when you shrug, or down? that could have an affect.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #1025
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Plowking, are you looking forward when you shrug, or down? that could have an affect.

I look forward. Always try and have my spine in line with what ever exercises I'm doing.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:14 AM   #1026
lucky001
I airball my layups

lucky001 has an OK reputation so far

I'm around 40 lbs overweight, and not tall, so it's not a pretty sight. Planning on dropping 10lbs just dieting and some body weight stuff (not a lot since I'm out of shape), then doing some kind of cardio. What's best for the tubby folks?
lucky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #1027
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky001
I'm around 40 lbs overweight, and not tall, so it's not a pretty sight. Planning on dropping 10lbs just dieting and some body weight stuff (not a lot since I'm out of shape), then doing some kind of cardio. What's best for the tubby folks?

Whose alt is this? No shame in admitting body flaws, bro. You can use your regular account.

Anyway, if you have a few bucks to spare, look into the Focus T25 workout program. People say they start seeing results within the first 3 weeks.

I bought it back in August, but I haven't started it. It's only 25 minutes per day, but my laziness keeps me lazy. I'm going to make sure to do it later today. I need to start it now and not treat it like the P90X, where I'd do it off and on for months at a time & then be pissed about the lack of results.

Diet needs work, too. I've been eating a lot of junk lately.

For those interested in knowing, I'm 5'10", 160 lbs. No actual fat on me, but my stomach is getting bigger by the month. All that alcohol doesn't help either.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #1028
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I look forward. Always try and have my spine in line with what ever exercises I'm doing.

Guess like others said your traps just weren't used to being hit in isolation then.

I work mine out a lot, I have a short neck and mine refuse to grow with in direct work, so I hate on those with naturally large traps
Old 09-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #1029
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I can do heavy weight, low rep back squats and be fine the next day, but make me do high rep light front squats and I have trouble squatting down to shit the next day. Plus anything over 5 reps is like cardio
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #1030
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

I'm SO tempted to go on another stretch of bodyweight only training, but I really, REALLY wanna get my OHP up since I have pretty much no other movements right now (except maybe the Power Clean) for which I have sufficient equipment and plates for. Worked on TRX recline rows, inverted rows, decline push-ups, and wide-grip push-ups and felt absolutely AMAZING. Really wanna explore bodyweight bodybuilding now. Also been looking left and right for calisthenics resources. Hit me up if any of you are interested.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #1031
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I'm SO tempted to go on another stretch of bodyweight only training, but I really, REALLY wanna get my OHP up since I have pretty much no other movements right now (except maybe the Power Clean) for which I have sufficient equipment and plates for. Worked on TRX recline rows, inverted rows, decline push-ups, and wide-grip push-ups and felt absolutely AMAZING. Really wanna explore bodyweight bodybuilding now. Also been looking left and right for calisthenics resources. Hit me up if any of you are interested.

Interested!

You already know the basics.

MadBarzzz has a list of workouts. They're results page is a joke though LOL they fix their diets up completely show a before/after 3 years analysis and get like very ripped and lean. I went to the before/after pics thinking okay show me the progress and then I fukking burst out laughing. Kind of discouraging. But the workouts are kickass and more importantly its cardio in addition to cali's.

TheFortress is by far my favorite youtube subscriber.

search "Russian ukrainian workout"

The best set of books are Pavel Tsatsouline "Naked Warrior" Paul Allen "Convict Conditioning" and "Your Own Body is Your Gym"

The essentials are:
Pistol squats, Bridges, One Armed Pushups, Chin Up Variations and just working your way up.

I just feel very athletic and coordintaed. Like Kobe using his abs to control himself when doing a layup.!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #1032
abuC
Cuba

I can do 3 muscle ups, which is pretty good since I'm in the 220lbs range, but I'd like to be able to do more bodyweight stuff in the future.

I've got a few more weeks left in my cut, and I think I may try the bulking version of UD 2.0 when I'm done. I really like the carb cycling approach and it works for me, I have even started fasting while I do it and my strength has not dropped off.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #1033
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I can do 3 muscle ups, which is pretty good since I'm in the 220lbs range, but I'd like to be able to do more bodyweight stuff in the future.

I've got a few more weeks left in my cut, and I think I may try the bulking version of UD 2.0 when I'm done. I really like the carb cycling approach and it works for me, I have even started fasting while I do it and my strength has not dropped off.

Speaking of bodyweight exercises. Last night I experimented with a circuit set of 12reps x 5 pull-ups and 12reps x 5 of 205lbs (my bodyweight) on bench.
It was a bitch... lol. The no breaks killed me, particularly on the pull ups, and I probably did a few half reps on the last two sets.
Bench was easy for me, but even that got tiring at the end.

Anyone else try any tough circuits recently? Even difficult supersets.
As much as I hate going over 5-6 reps, like sunsfan, it seems to hit me a lot better than lifting heavy for 5-6. I remember when I was stuck on a 315lbs bench, and the only way I got it up was circuiting some lighter bench with heavy flies.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #1034
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Props, man!

I haven't attempted one, but I wanna work up to respectable levels in pull-ups and dips first before even trying it. Were you the "gorilla" who could crank out 20 or something? I just remember one of our 200+ pound members saying that. That in itself is amazing, being able to carry your weight like that, and is something I can't even do at my weight right now.

J$: Check your PMs.

Yeah, I've seen some of the The F0rtress' stuff, and it's easy to trust him since you can actually see his growth by watching his videos. Will look for that video though.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #1035
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Props, man!

I haven't attempted one, but I wanna work up to respectable levels in pull-ups and dips first before even trying it. Were you the "gorilla" who could crank out 20 or something? I just remember one of our 200+ pound members saying that. That in itself is amazing, being able to carry your weight like that, and is something I can't even do at my weight right now.

J$: Check your PMs.

Yeah, I've seen some of the The F0rtress' stuff, and it's easy to trust him since you can actually see his growth by watching his videos. Will look for that video though.
yes, hannibal used to post here... also many ex movies stars, scientists, hugh hefners, pro ballers and such.. ish is quite the place
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: