Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #91
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
2 mile jog. :35 second 11.8 mph 1:10 jog 6.2 mph
Press 110 5 x 3 (long arms fukkkkk)
Face Pulls Start from near the bottom of stack and do 80 reps consecutively going down drop sets
5 sets of 13 pullups
Deadlift 335 Singles*5 (double overhand, no belt)
Ab Circuit: Planks, Side Planks, Russian Twists, Full Contact Twists, Stomach Vacuums, Reverse Crunches, Hanging Leg Raise, Russian Ballet Leg Thrust, Consecutively.

Semper Fi.

Feeling the pump and a near bulletproof stomach.

lol nyg i was 190-ish a few years back (and dropped weight fast since goals have changed was pretty damn strong back then. im one of thsoe dudes that can pack on mass and lose it the fastest, but my natural frame is like 5'11" 150ish Reason why I give out so much advice is because I've studied, researched, implemented, and flat out know a lot of stuff in regards to the brain and the body which is my major in college. and the sources go like this
If you want quirky exercises to make you look symmetrical, go to Vince Gironda
If you want to get big and strong, ask Dave Tate or Mark Rippetoe
If you want to be an athletic freak, then KELLY BAGGETT is your man
If you want two sites which u had to depend the rest of your life on then it is T-Nation, and higherfastersports
If you want bigger arms, go Poliquin.

nice circuit.. very cross-fitty.. but not gay. an admirable feat!

With my deadlifts, I always find that my grip fails before I feel the CNS is failing and I still know I can do more reps (Currently on 335 but around my 3rd set, my forearms are done this is with one under, one over hand grip as well with chalk). Any tips for improving grip strength? I've heard good things about farmer's walks.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #92
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
With my deadlifts, I always find that my grip fails before I feel the CNS is failing and I still know I can do more reps (Currently on 335 but around my 3rd set, my forearms are done this is with one under, one over hand grip as well with chalk). Any tips for improving grip strength? I've heard good things about farmer's walks.

Weight-lifting straps. I had the same problem. Something simple like this should work fine.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #93
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob

Whoa, 1/1 and chalk? Damn that's quite an imablance there. Fix that up amigo asap.

- Towel pull ups. Drape a towel on a pullup set and it forces you to SQUEEZE
- Shove the bar in the lower portion of your fingers as oppose to your palm.
- Plate pinching
- HEAVY DB ROWS

Any pulling movement and farmer walks there.

Straps are nice but they are a crutch and u never wanna be too dependent on something. I intend to never use them and my goal deadlift is 550.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #94
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Eh not a fan of using straps unless you're at or near your max weight. If its just grip that's failing then its something that can be worked on without using straps. Have you tried using the hook grip? If you don't wanna go that route (it can be killer on the thumbs) then like you said farmer's can help, heavy DB shrugs, DB rows, or just get in a power rack and put the barbell around knee height then load up the bar with some weight and do static holds. Personally though I've found that just deadlifting helps the most.

My deadlift has always been terrible, but I finally feel it starting to catch up with my squat. My squat is up to 385 X 3 where my deadlift has reached 365 X 5. My grip is pretty weak too so by my last set I'm using over/under with chalk.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #95
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well I only use straps for 2 specific exercises. By the time I get down to my fourth set the bottleneck becomes my grip rather than fatigue in the muscle group that I'm working.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #96
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I use straps when doing hang cleans. Helps with the drop. Other than that, I stay away from them and work on grip strength.

I'm currently training for Tough Mudder in August. Most dedicated I've been since I left university football. Gonna be interesting...
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #97
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

Whats a good workout routine that I can do in my room everyday to get in shape?

I dont really have any equipment. (Excercise ball and 2 15 pound weights)

I understand equipment isnt really needed.

Just a good layout for a hardcore 30-1 hour workout would be awesome...

Thanks if any1 has a good guidline.
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #98
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain

This would be cool
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #99
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
2 mile jog. :35 second 11.8 mph 1:10 jog 6.2 mph
Press 110 5 x 3 (long arms fukkkkk)
Face Pulls Start from near the bottom of stack and do 80 reps consecutively going down drop sets
5 sets of 13 pullups
Deadlift 335 Singles*5 (double overhand, no belt)
Ab Circuit: Planks, Side Planks, Russian Twists, Full Contact Twists, Stomach Vacuums, Reverse Crunches, Hanging Leg Raise, Russian Ballet Leg Thrust, Consecutively.

Semper Fi.

Feeling the pump and a near bulletproof stomach.

lol nyg i was 190-ish a few years back (and dropped weight fast since goals have changed was pretty damn strong back then. im one of thsoe dudes that can pack on mass and lose it the fastest, but my natural frame is like 5'11" 150ish Reason why I give out so much advice is because I've studied, researched, implemented, and flat out know a lot of stuff in regards to the brain and the body which is my major in college. and the sources go like this
If you want quirky exercises to make you look symmetrical, go to Vince Gironda
If you want to get big and strong, ask Dave Tate or Mark Rippetoe
If you want to be an athletic freak, then KELLY BAGGETT is your man
If you want two sites which u had to depend the rest of your life on then it is T-Nation, and higherfastersports
If you want bigger arms, go Poliquin.

nice circuit.. very cross-fitty.. but not gay. an admirable feat!

Long arms. Great on the court, bitches on presses. Seriously though, the only movement I have trouble progressing in is the Push Press. :/ Takes me maybe even a month to really move up even just 10 lbs in weight. And wow, you're DLing 2x your BW? I should really get more weights. Hahaha I've maxed out my current amount of plates at 190, and hats with tying weights around the bar already. I think this is where our long arms come in handy though. Dead lifts seem to come so naturally to me. I feel like I could pull out a 240 even if I'm only doing 190 for 5. Still, gotta progress smartly, not stupidly.

And nice! No wonder now that you're one of the most active dudes here when it comes to this shizz. Actually feel like shifting courses to Sports Science here, but we need more good math teachers, so .
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #100
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bout to start taking creatine.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #101
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Many people used the Jack3d pre workout stuff?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #102
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain

Yeah man, you could LOTS done with just your body weight. If I were you, I'd honestly ditch the swiss(y) ball and 15 lb weights and look for an open playground. After a good warm-up (This is not optional. And contrary to popular belief, a couple of jumping jacks and shoulder stretches does not constitute a good warm-up), you could go and do some wind sprints for short distances. If you don't sprint too often, don't do it full speed yet. As you get more used to it, then you can go beast mode. It's better to do them on a hill, so if you can, do it. Next, look for monkey bars and do chin-ups on 'em. You could actually make a circuit of chin-ups, push-ups, and pike push-ups for time or for pre-determined number of reps. Just always, ALWAYS attempt to do more work than in your last session.

So if you're too lazy to read through this whole thing (which you should not be), here's your training could look like:

WARM-UP

Wind/Hill Sprints - 4-8 x Distance of your choosing (As much as rest as needed. Just dont overdo it)
(Just make sure to mark it and make sure it's something you can actually sprint all out for the number of runs)

Circuit
A) Pike Push-Up - AMRAP x 20 sec
B) Chin-Up - AMRAP x 20 sec
C) Push-Up - AMRAP x 20 sec

As always, make sure to get your form right, or as right as you can, before doing them at a faster pace. Rest 1-2 mins.

Repeat the circuit 3-5 times depending on your capabilities. You could stop here and stretch out (Or else), but since I believe in doing finishers or some short conditioning work after, you could end with:

Jumping Jacks x 20
Burpees x 10
Jumping Jacks x 15
Push-Up x 10
Jumping Jacks x 10
Sprint (Make sure the distance is shorter than the one you ran for your work runs)

Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #103
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Wink Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Many people used the Jack3d pre workout stuff?

It's one of the more popular ones. I have a friend who was on it and he was so horribly hyped up, it was scary. I met him at a midnight food bazaar and he was still soured up at 3 AM. He said hell never take it again though. Was too much. If you want a good pre-workout, might as well just get some coffee and coconut milk with some cinnamon. No chemical stuff and no side effects that make you jump around like a monkey.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #104
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
It's one of the more popular ones. I have a friend who was on it and he was so horribly hyped up, it was scary. I met him at a midnight food bazaar and he was still soured up at 3 AM. He said hell never take it again though. Was too much. If you want a good pre-workout, might as well just get some coffee and coconut milk with some cinnamon. No chemical stuff and no side effects that make you jump around like a monkey.

Thanks.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #105
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I use straps when doing hang cleans. Helps with the drop. Other than that, I stay away from them and work on grip strength.

I'm currently training for Tough Mudder in August. Most dedicated I've been since I left university football. Gonna be interesting...
What are you doing for the mudder? The workout on their website? I'm getting ready for the one in October in Austin and I'm curious about other peoples routine
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: