Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #1051
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Man, there are two exercises I still haven't gotten even after all my time in the gym... lol.

Tricep pushdown/pulldown and chest flies. I've changed my form on each of these soo many times, that I've lost count. lol...
Anyone have any exercises that still bother them after all these years of training?

Deadlifts. Only thing that makes me feel like I might pass out. I always have to lean against a wall or something after because my vision starts getting dark and blurry and I get lightheaded.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #1052
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Deadlifts. Only thing that makes me feel like I might pass out. I always have to lean against a wall or something after because my vision starts getting dark and blurry and I get lightheaded.

Damn, dawg, that happened to my brother when he tried to get on IF like I did. Once he got back to eating breakfast, it stopped though. Then again, it wasn't just deadlifts that were sufferring for him. Is it just with deads for you?

Oh, and Plow, you were the one wanting to trade in your power cage and get a cable row machine or something right? I just remembered, you could just racking the bar on the j-hook, lying down a bit, and do inverted rows from there. Worthwhile replacement if you don't wanna get rings/suspension gear yet.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #1053
plowking
Kevin Hart

Quote:

That's bizarre.
How is your breathing, etc? Make sure to take big breathes just before and after your lift.
I find my form is off on deadlifts if the weight is too light. I need at least 225lbs on the bar to get my body to concentrate, otherwise I feel too loose in the lift. Honestly, the heavier it gets, the better I feel about my form. I have videos of myself doing 225lbs, 315lbs, 445lbs and 505lbs, and I honestly feel that my form looks best at 445 and 505.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #1054
plowking
Kevin Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Damn, dawg, that happened to my brother when he tried to get on IF like I did. Once he got back to eating breakfast, it stopped though. Then again, it wasn't just deadlifts that were sufferring for him. Is it just with deads for you?

Oh, and Plow, you were the one wanting to trade in your power cage and get a cable row machine or something right? I just remembered, you could just racking the bar on the j-hook, lying down a bit, and do inverted rows from there. Worthwhile replacement if you don't wanna get rings/suspension gear yet.

Nah bro, not me.

Not enough money to start buying my own gear yet. Have all the room in the world for it, just not enough money.

Speaking of, what are those hooks called you put on the barbell, which allow you to put dumbbells on them, so you don't have to waste energy getting them up for dumbbell press? I need to invest in those. I saw the New Zealand rugby team was using them. Mainly because I suck at getting the weights up, and its a bitch getting anything over 110-120lbs up.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #1055
HeatFanSince88
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Man, there are two exercises I still haven't gotten even after all my time in the gym... lol.

Tricep pushdown/pulldown and chest flies. I've changed my form on each of these soo many times, that I've lost count. lol...
Anyone have any exercises that still bother them after all these years of training?

romanian deadlift.

just feels super awkward to me. i feel like there are way better exercises to hit hamstrings, but this seems to be the most popular hamstring isolation movement for whatever reason.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #1056
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
romanian deadlift.

just feels super awkward to me. i feel like there are way better exercises to hit hamstrings, but this seems to be the most popular hamstring isolation movement for whatever reason.

Kinda feel the same. I never really felt my hamstrings stretch out at the bottom whenever I did them before. Kettlebell swings, on the other hand, put my entire posterior chain on fire.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #1057
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Started doing squats and deadlifts again after about a 3 year hiatus. Man let me tell you... aside from feeling like a beast for doing it, after each set I feel a high for like a minute and then a great relaxed feeling for the rest of the day after the workout. Love it
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #1058
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
[That's bizarre.
How is your breathing, etc? Make sure to take big breathes just before and after your lift.
It's not too bizarre, I've seen plenty of vids of people passing out after reads especially if using certain breathing techniques.

In other news I'm afraid I've fallen off the wagon. I cut carbs, started slimming down, felt great then had one weekend a couple weeks ago where I ate alpine shit and haven't gone back. Will be grocery shopping tomorrow to get back on track. Still been hitting the weights, squatted 405 last week but I need to get my gym appearances in line as well.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #1059
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Been looking for a new program to do now that it's getting cold outside again and the reviews for DDP Yoga have been pretty damn incredible so I picked that up last week. Probably gonna start it next week

Here's an amazing story from a Gulf War vet who went from barely being able to walk to being in the best shape of his life thru the program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

A bunch of older athletes who used it to get back into shape/stay in shape

http://www.ddpyoga.com/who-does-ddp-yoga.html

And tons of reviews from all over the web.

http://www.ddpyoga.com/reviews.html

I'll let you all know how it is
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1060
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

I've seen that first vid before, it's awesome and inspirational. I'm a big yoga fan. and when you get into the more advanced forms it's ****ing hard. I actually injured myself once and people who don't know how hard some of those forms tend to be think it's hilarious. Like, "How can you hurt yourself doing yoga? Don't you just sit there and meditate?"
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1061
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

DDP was also supposedly helping out Scott Hall and Jake Roberts right? Wonder how that's going now.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #1062
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
DDP was also supposedly helping out Scott Hall and Jake Roberts right? Wonder how that's going now.

Scott Hall was doing good but then he got arrested again. That dude just has too many demons to ever be the same IMO

But Here's Jake the Snake after one year with DDP at the Accountability Crib

I was reading a bunch of threads over on the Bodybuilding.com boards and pretty much everyone said that they originally got the program as something to do on their off days, but once they realized how intense it was they just adopted the program for their full week's workout
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #1063
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
I've seen that first vid before, it's awesome and inspirational. I'm a big yoga fan. and when you get into the more advanced forms it's ****ing hard. I actually injured myself once and people who don't know how hard some of those forms tend to be think it's hilarious. Like, "How can you hurt yourself doing yoga? Don't you just sit there and meditate?"

There was actually this NYT article a while back. It was supposed to be an interview with a world-famous yogi but it turned out being a warning for those going interested on using yoga as a means of to achieve fitness. The yogi was quoted saying "If you want to get physically fit, don't do yoga." DON'T. Odd, but I get his point. People think it's chickenshit just sitting around and breathing deep but it's really not. It takes a lot of body control and thus strength to be able to do yoga efficiently.

And wow, that's amazing. It's good that DDP's reaching out to these guys. Is he still working with the 'E? Creatives or HR or whatever? If not, I think they really should. Involving him in their program that helps out WWE alumni who have fallen out of shape and even spirit would potentially give them some success with it.

I was watching a video of him though when he was on one of those health shows. Honestly, I'm not surprised. He's not only stressing movement but how to create tension in different positions. It's like yoga mixed with forceful isometrics. I haven't done it, but just imagining how it feels like is tiring the shit outta me. Hahaha!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #1064
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

You should try it sometime. Check Groupon, might be able to find a cheap deal for a set of classes. Start off with the easy stuff so you can learn all the basic poses. Once you get to Ashtanga, Vinayasa power yoga and stuff like that it gets very challenging. Sometimes I was on the verge of giving up but when you're in a class that shit is embarrassing and it keeps you going. I was cursing the instructors in my head sometimes. Other awesome stuff is like Restorative yoga. Completely different with a different purpose but awesome and relaxing.

Yoga has really helped me when I've gone through rough patches. Also, those classes are filled with chicks. It actually takes you out of the zone some when a hot girl in yoga pants in bending over inches away from your face.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1065
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
You should try it sometime. Check Groupon, might be able to find a cheap deal for a set of classes. Start off with the easy stuff so you can learn all the basic poses. Once you get to Ashtanga, Vinayasa power yoga and stuff like that it gets very challenging. Sometimes I was on the verge of giving up but when you're in a class that shit is embarrassing and it keeps you going. I was cursing the instructors in my head sometimes. Other awesome stuff is like Restorative yoga. Completely different with a different purpose but awesome and relaxing.

Yoga has really helped me when I've gone through rough patches. Also, those classes are filled with chicks. It actually takes you out of the zone some when a hot girl in yoga pants in bending over inches away from your face.

Maybe further down the road in my "training life," but as of right now, a barbell and a pull-up bar are all my brain tells me I need. Haha! That plus in my college, there are some hot girls in the powerlifting club, oddly enough.

I definitely take my stretching and mobility seriously than others do though. While it would be awesome to look like those Grecian statues, I sure as hell don't want to move like one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: