Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #1051
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Why does something tell me you saw that on Elliott Hulse's FB page?

Zen: I usually train in the afternoon, around 5/5:30. I finish at before 7 and just in time to take a bath and eat a boatload of food after. Haha! I do my sprints or other conditioning stuff in the morning though, around an hour after I wake up too.

What makes you like going at it in the morning though? It's not that I'm groggy in the morning, but I just feel less physically willing to do any sort of heavy lifting. I feel like when the sun is out, I should be more dynamic.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #1052
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Why does something tell me you saw that on Elliott Hulse's FB page?

Zen: I usually train in the afternoon, around 5/5:30. I finish at before 7 and just in time to take a bath and eat a boatload of food after. Haha! I do my sprints or other conditioning stuff in the morning though, around an hour after I wake up too.

What makes you like going at it in the morning though? It's not that I'm groggy in the morning, but I just feel less physically willing to do any sort of heavy lifting. I feel like when the sun is out, I should be more dynamic.

Actually I didn't see it on Hulse's FB page. But I do enjoy his videos. Dude is super knowledgeable.

I like the morning cause, like I said, it gets it out of the way to do what I want the rest of my day. For me to workout in the evening would mean I'd have to workout after my job (when I have the least amount of energy). Plus I find that after I lift in the morning, I get a certain amount of energy and alertness, that lasts throughout the day.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #1053
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
My body is a bit different to yours then, since I haven't really noticed that much of a difference in my body when comparing to how much I was lifting say a year and a bit ago compared to now.
I've always looked big and strong, even prior to gyming hard all those years ago, and actually being strong. Always had a big back and wide shoulders.

It's more a case of I have a hard time telling where the differences are between last year and now, even though my lifts this year are much higher than they were last year. I don't see the changes, where as my friends who haven't seen me in a while all go

Zan, I usually work out at around 9pm on Monday/tuesday, Thurs/Saturday I go around 6pm.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1054
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do any of you people go for runs?

Some people say it will stop you from building muscle, others say its good because it gets rid of extra fat especially around your abs.

i iz confuzzledd halp mehh
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #1055
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

I don't coz I don't have the time not patience for it. I still believe that there's mo such thing as spot reduction, but going for a run shouldn't hurt your getting bigger as long as you're not going for too long. And as usual, make sure you're eating enough of the good stuff and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Actually I didn't see it on Hulse's FB page. But I do enjoy his videos. Dude is super knowledgeable.

I like the morning cause, like I said, it gets it out of the way to do what I want the rest of my day. For me to workout in the evening would mean I'd have to workout after my job (when I have the least amount of energy). Plus I find that after I lift in the morning, I get a certain amount of energy and alertness, that lasts throughout the day.

I was actually referring to PullUpJay with that part but it's good to know that there's another guy in here who's a fan of Elliott.

And, I see, I see. What time do you get out from your job? I guess my being a student is the main reason I train later in the day, but it's something that I can't imagine steaying away from either. Add to that I've gotten used to fasting in the morning, so i definitely want my session sometime close to my big-ass dinner.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #1056
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay

Some people say it will stop you from building muscle, others say its good because it gets rid of extra fat especially around your abs.

I do sprints, you won't find me jogging since I find it incredibly boring.

For low steady state cardio I ride my bike, and go for walks.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #1057
Rolando
High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:

If you're trying to build muscle but still want to run, you just have to run at a slow pace and not for more than 45 mins. Basically, stay in the zone where your body can power itself by burning fat. If you go at a high pace, the body is going to look for energy everywhere; burn fat, burn whatever is in the blood stream, burn muscle tissue.

For max fat burn, go for a slow jog in the morning before you eat anything. The body has got nothing else but fat to use as energy.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #1058
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I was actually referring to PullUpJay with that part but it's good to know that there's another guy in here who's a fan of Elliott.

And, I see, I see. What time do you get out from your job? I guess my being a student is the main reason I train later in the day, but it's something that I can't imagine steaying away from either. Add to that I've gotten used to fasting in the morning, so i definitely want my session sometime close to my big-ass dinner.
Oh lol. Yeah, Elliot is awesome

I'm usually home about 6pm. After eating, I have little to mo energy left. Which is why mornings work better for me.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #1059
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't coz I don't have the time not patience for it. I still believe that there's mo such thing as spot reduction, but going for a run shouldn't hurt your getting bigger as long as you're not going for too long. And as usual, make sure you're eating enough of the good stuff and you should be fine.

He'z teh fukking man.

I love that he is so damn curious about the world.

Prior to having visited his channel I had read from front to back, multiple times:
Higher, Faster, Sports - Kelly Baggett
T- Nation
Jim Wendler Articles
Charles Poliquin
Dave Tate
Nate Green
Lyle Mcdonald
and
all the religious books and all the great literature books.

AND THEN BAM THIS DUDE KNOWS IT ALL and sums it up in a way that is plain awesome. And he happens to have a hell of a vert leap as well.

Check out his Pinterest Reading List. Quality Stuff.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #1060
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any of you catch the O?
I was there last weekend promoting. We have Erin Stern competing in Women's figure. I shyt you not, she's the only one who is drug free in this whole competition. I train with her time to time. Chick is amazing.
BTW, We are now affiliated with the NFL main training facility. Look for us to blow it up. Got Flacco signed. Looking for an Athlete in Philly (no not Vick )
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #1061
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Run. And eat more calories.

Cardio is intrinsically awesome. Better blood flow, more BDNF release, and just getting into that "flow" when its like magic theres a feeling u get when pullupjay sprints and he sprints and people are diggin his sh!t this is yo moment and every muscle that ache within serve to push u one step forward .. only issue is wear and tear on knees but who cares they should last u till 70 or so.

Ask bmulls (huge guy who went to become a SEAL). He did 12 workouts 9 which were cardio/swimming 3 calis 3 weights and he said he felt like a true warrior athlete. Never felt better. Truly fit.

I know for a fact that my friends who live active lifestyles and eat more are >>>>>>>>>> weekend warrior 3X gym and eat less calories.

I know a guy who eats 5k cal of pure crap but does sets of 50 pushups sets of chin ups sets of 70 squats and runs a lot (doesn't even lift) and just feels more.. alive than people who eat measly 2.5kcal healthy. Just anecdotalyl speaking

Gotta make the time.

In terms of body composition its probably more efficient just to lift obviously.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #1062
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
He'z teh fukking man.

I love that he is so damn curious about the world.

Prior to having visited his channel I had read from front to back, multiple times:
Higher, Faster, Sports - Kelly Baggett
T- Nation
Jim Wendler Articles
Charles Poliquin
Dave Tate
Nate Green
Lyle Mcdonald
and
all the religious books and all the great literature books.

AND THEN BAM THIS DUDE KNOWS IT ALL and sums it up in a way that is plain awesome. And he happens to have a hell of a vert leap as well.

Check out his Pinterest Reading List. Quality Stuff.

Yeah, man, I've checked it out before and got to downloading some of them. Having self-diagnosed myself with book ADHD though, I haven't finished any.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #1063
abuC
Cuba

Strength was down a little yesterday but muscle endurance was up, can't seem to get them on the same page of being good on the same day.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #1064
abuC
Cuba

Almost done with my cut, it's starting to get so much harder though, almost always find myself hungry and thinking of food. That said, my abs are finally starting to pop and I'm still over 220lbs, I need to focus more on my obliques now though.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #1065
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Almost done with my cut, it's starting to get so much harder though, almost always find myself hungry and thinking of food. That said, my abs are finally starting to pop and I'm still over 220lbs, I need to focus more on my obliques now though.

I know I've preached this before but Bro, try this sh!t out. Trust me it's killer for your whole core,

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: