Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #1066
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Been training with a cold for the last few days. Sucks doing reps, when you can barley breath out of you nose.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #1067
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I know I've preached this before but Bro, try this sh!t out. Trust me it's killer for your whole core,

I have one, but good looks!

I've been using that and been doing hanging leg raises + twists.

Also, I may take next week off from the gym, last week went pretty poorly for me with endurance and power taking a big dip. And today it seems the muscle endurance drop off has continued, sucks bad but I'm guessing my CNS might be a bit burnt out as I haven't had a break in 8 months.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #1068
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, there are two exercises I still haven't gotten even after all my time in the gym... lol.

Tricep pushdown/pulldown and chest flies. I've changed my form on each of these soo many times, that I've lost count. lol...
Anyone have any exercises that still bother them after all these years of training?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #1069
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Man, there are two exercises I still haven't gotten even after all my time in the gym... lol.

Tricep pushdown/pulldown and chest flies. I've changed my form on each of these soo many times, that I've lost count. lol...
Anyone have any exercises that still bother them after all these years of training?

Overhead Pressing. Just yesterday, I hit a PR at 1 plate, but that was damn near a max effort for me. I almost always include them in my training and I progress really slow, and even if the press is known to be one of the hardest movement to gain strength in, I've only moved an additional 85 pounds in a year and a half. Still looking to get up to my bodyweight on the press by the end of this year though. That additional 40 pounds to go is gonna be a real ride though.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #1070
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Deadlifts. Only thing that makes me feel like I might pass out. I always have to lean against a wall or something after because my vision starts getting dark and blurry and I get lightheaded.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #1071
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Deadlifts. Only thing that makes me feel like I might pass out. I always have to lean against a wall or something after because my vision starts getting dark and blurry and I get lightheaded.

Damn, dawg, that happened to my brother when he tried to get on IF like I did. Once he got back to eating breakfast, it stopped though. Then again, it wasn't just deadlifts that were sufferring for him. Is it just with deads for you?

Oh, and Plow, you were the one wanting to trade in your power cage and get a cable row machine or something right? I just remembered, you could just racking the bar on the j-hook, lying down a bit, and do inverted rows from there. Worthwhile replacement if you don't wanna get rings/suspension gear yet.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #1072
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

That's bizarre.
How is your breathing, etc? Make sure to take big breathes just before and after your lift.
I find my form is off on deadlifts if the weight is too light. I need at least 225lbs on the bar to get my body to concentrate, otherwise I feel too loose in the lift. Honestly, the heavier it gets, the better I feel about my form. I have videos of myself doing 225lbs, 315lbs, 445lbs and 505lbs, and I honestly feel that my form looks best at 445 and 505.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #1073
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Damn, dawg, that happened to my brother when he tried to get on IF like I did. Once he got back to eating breakfast, it stopped though. Then again, it wasn't just deadlifts that were sufferring for him. Is it just with deads for you?

Oh, and Plow, you were the one wanting to trade in your power cage and get a cable row machine or something right? I just remembered, you could just racking the bar on the j-hook, lying down a bit, and do inverted rows from there. Worthwhile replacement if you don't wanna get rings/suspension gear yet.

Nah bro, not me.

Not enough money to start buying my own gear yet. Have all the room in the world for it, just not enough money.

Speaking of, what are those hooks called you put on the barbell, which allow you to put dumbbells on them, so you don't have to waste energy getting them up for dumbbell press? I need to invest in those. I saw the New Zealand rugby team was using them. Mainly because I suck at getting the weights up, and its a bitch getting anything over 110-120lbs up.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #1074
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

HeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

romanian deadlift.

just feels super awkward to me. i feel like there are way better exercises to hit hamstrings, but this seems to be the most popular hamstring isolation movement for whatever reason.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #1075
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
romanian deadlift.

just feels super awkward to me. i feel like there are way better exercises to hit hamstrings, but this seems to be the most popular hamstring isolation movement for whatever reason.

Kinda feel the same. I never really felt my hamstrings stretch out at the bottom whenever I did them before. Kettlebell swings, on the other hand, put my entire posterior chain on fire.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #1076
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Started doing squats and deadlifts again after about a 3 year hiatus. Man let me tell you... aside from feeling like a beast for doing it, after each set I feel a high for like a minute and then a great relaxed feeling for the rest of the day after the workout. Love it
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #1077
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
[That's bizarre.
How is your breathing, etc? Make sure to take big breathes just before and after your lift.
It's not too bizarre, I've seen plenty of vids of people passing out after reads especially if using certain breathing techniques.

In other news I'm afraid I've fallen off the wagon. I cut carbs, started slimming down, felt great then had one weekend a couple weeks ago where I ate alpine shit and haven't gone back. Will be grocery shopping tomorrow to get back on track. Still been hitting the weights, squatted 405 last week but I need to get my gym appearances in line as well.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #1078
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been looking for a new program to do now that it's getting cold outside again and the reviews for DDP Yoga have been pretty damn incredible so I picked that up last week. Probably gonna start it next week

Here's an amazing story from a Gulf War vet who went from barely being able to walk to being in the best shape of his life thru the program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

A bunch of older athletes who used it to get back into shape/stay in shape

http://www.ddpyoga.com/who-does-ddp-yoga.html

And tons of reviews from all over the web.

http://www.ddpyoga.com/reviews.html

I'll let you all know how it is
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1079
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've seen that first vid before, it's awesome and inspirational. I'm a big yoga fan. and when you get into the more advanced forms it's ****ing hard. I actually injured myself once and people who don't know how hard some of those forms tend to be think it's hilarious. Like, "How can you hurt yourself doing yoga? Don't you just sit there and meditate?"
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1080
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

DDP was also supposedly helping out Scott Hall and Jake Roberts right? Wonder how that's going now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: