Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #1081
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
DDP was also supposedly helping out Scott Hall and Jake Roberts right? Wonder how that's going now.

Scott Hall was doing good but then he got arrested again. That dude just has too many demons to ever be the same IMO

But Here's Jake the Snake after one year with DDP at the Accountability Crib

I was reading a bunch of threads over on the Bodybuilding.com boards and pretty much everyone said that they originally got the program as something to do on their off days, but once they realized how intense it was they just adopted the program for their full week's workout
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #1082
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I've seen that first vid before, it's awesome and inspirational. I'm a big yoga fan. and when you get into the more advanced forms it's ****ing hard. I actually injured myself once and people who don't know how hard some of those forms tend to be think it's hilarious. Like, "How can you hurt yourself doing yoga? Don't you just sit there and meditate?"

There was actually this NYT article a while back. It was supposed to be an interview with a world-famous yogi but it turned out being a warning for those going interested on using yoga as a means of to achieve fitness. The yogi was quoted saying "If you want to get physically fit, don't do yoga." DON'T. Odd, but I get his point. People think it's chickenshit just sitting around and breathing deep but it's really not. It takes a lot of body control and thus strength to be able to do yoga efficiently.

And wow, that's amazing. It's good that DDP's reaching out to these guys. Is he still working with the 'E? Creatives or HR or whatever? If not, I think they really should. Involving him in their program that helps out WWE alumni who have fallen out of shape and even spirit would potentially give them some success with it.

I was watching a video of him though when he was on one of those health shows. Honestly, I'm not surprised. He's not only stressing movement but how to create tension in different positions. It's like yoga mixed with forceful isometrics. I haven't done it, but just imagining how it feels like is tiring the shit outta me. Hahaha!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #1083
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You should try it sometime. Check Groupon, might be able to find a cheap deal for a set of classes. Start off with the easy stuff so you can learn all the basic poses. Once you get to Ashtanga, Vinayasa power yoga and stuff like that it gets very challenging. Sometimes I was on the verge of giving up but when you're in a class that shit is embarrassing and it keeps you going. I was cursing the instructors in my head sometimes. Other awesome stuff is like Restorative yoga. Completely different with a different purpose but awesome and relaxing.

Yoga has really helped me when I've gone through rough patches. Also, those classes are filled with chicks. It actually takes you out of the zone some when a hot girl in yoga pants in bending over inches away from your face.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1084
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
You should try it sometime. Check Groupon, might be able to find a cheap deal for a set of classes. Start off with the easy stuff so you can learn all the basic poses. Once you get to Ashtanga, Vinayasa power yoga and stuff like that it gets very challenging. Sometimes I was on the verge of giving up but when you're in a class that shit is embarrassing and it keeps you going. I was cursing the instructors in my head sometimes. Other awesome stuff is like Restorative yoga. Completely different with a different purpose but awesome and relaxing.

Yoga has really helped me when I've gone through rough patches. Also, those classes are filled with chicks. It actually takes you out of the zone some when a hot girl in yoga pants in bending over inches away from your face.

Maybe further down the road in my "training life," but as of right now, a barbell and a pull-up bar are all my brain tells me I need. Haha! That plus in my college, there are some hot girls in the powerlifting club, oddly enough.

I definitely take my stretching and mobility seriously than others do though. While it would be awesome to look like those Grecian statues, I sure as hell don't want to move like one.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #1085
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Scott Hall was doing good but then he got arrested again. That dude just has too many demons to ever be the same IMO

But Here's Jake the Snake after one year with DDP at the Accountability Crib

I was reading a bunch of threads over on the Bodybuilding.com boards and pretty much everyone said that they originally got the program as something to do on their off days, but once they realized how intense it was they just adopted the program for their full week's workout
Hall has been clean and out of trouble since he started with DDP.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #1086
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Slight alteration to my diet, have to increase the amount of fats I eat, was eating too little the last 2-3 weeks which is part of the reason I had a dropoff in power/endurance.

I expect to be right back where I was in 2-3 weeks, on the positive side my abs are really starting to get defined and I'm still north of 220lbs. My weight swings on this diet are insane by the way, I was 9lbs heavier on Sunday than I am today.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #1087
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Slight alteration to my diet, have to increase the amount of fats I eat, was eating too little the last 2-3 weeks which is part of the reason I had a dropoff in power/endurance.

I expect to be right back where I was in 2-3 weeks, on the positive side my abs are really starting to get defined and I'm still north of 220lbs. My weight swings on this diet are insane by the way, I was 9lbs heavier on Sunday than I am today.

Was Sunday "Cheat Day"?

Anyway, just wanna share this old video of Elliott. Came across it again today and I was just reminded of how simple yet powerful this one was. Could very well be my favorite video of his. (On a sidenote: Dafuq is up with us not getting YouTube embedding privileges here, right?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHOm89QUchk
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #1088
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Sent in my registration for my first powerlifting competition today, it will be in December. Registered for the 220 division, which may have been a mistake. I'm around 230 now and have never been good at cutting weight (more so good at gaining ) but hopefully this provides the proper motivation to get everything g dialed in.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #1089
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If anyone has access to a trap bar it's useful for deadlifts.

ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #1090
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Was Sunday "Cheat Day"?

Anyway, just wanna share this old video of Elliott. Came across it again today and I was just reminded of how simple yet powerful this one was. Could very well be my favorite video of his. (On a sidenote: Dafuq is up with us not getting YouTube embedding privileges here, right?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHOm89QUchk

LOL, yeah well a day after my carb up, I eat so much from Thursday to Friday it's insane.

Right now I'm up 8lbs over yesterday morning, sitting at around 7000 calories since 10pm Thursday night and about a gallon of water with more food to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Sent in my registration for my first powerlifting competition today, it will be in December. Registered for the 220 division, which may have been a mistake. I'm around 230 now and have never been good at cutting weight (more so good at gaining ) but hopefully this provides the proper motivation to get everything g dialed in.

Good luck man.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #1091
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who Would Win In A Arm Wrestling Match, Elliot Hulse Or Bruce Lee?
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #1092
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Stats?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #1093
abuC
Cuba

After 3 abysmal weeks in the gym where I was taking massive steps back, I had a good one. I hit 365x5 on bench, and pulled 545 on DL.

Only a minor setback to my shoulder, but nothing too serious, felt good not to leave the gym with my head down and pissed off.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #1094
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Stats?
Nothing impressive, don't know one rep maxes as I haven't tested yet but 3 rep maxes are 405 squat, 255 bench, 425 deadlift. I'm not expecting to win anything, but I think it's a nice challenge to myself.

And thanks abuC!
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #1095
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nothing impressive, don't know one rep maxes as I haven't tested yet but 3 rep maxes are 405 squat, 255 bench, 425 deadlift. I'm not expecting to win anything, but I think it's a nice challenge to myself.

And thanks abuC!

I honestly don't get how some people squat that much more than me while having a lighter deadlift.
I'm back to doing 335lbs for 5, for squats... Yet my deadlift is anywhere from 525-550lbs for 1 on any given day.

The thing is, I have quite thick legs, and a somewhat slim midsection, so I don't understand why my lifts are the way they are. I'd naturally assume I'd be better at squats.

Speaking of deadlifts, I found this video really helpful recently. Another Elliot Hulse one, but the guy is great when it comes to help videos and what not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qcN_w_m8c

I was doing form checks with 225lbs all night last night until I was finally able to look at the video and be happy with what was going on.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: