Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #1096
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Anyone who's trying to hit their goals with their training, now's the time. Personally, I find thatt he last stretch of the year can produce some of my most motivated training sessions. Who's up to post their goals and support each other for the next 6 weeks?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #1097
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Anyone who's trying to hit their goals with their training, now's the time. Personally, I find thatt he last stretch of the year can produce some of my most motivated training sessions. Who's up to post their goals and support each other for the next 6 weeks?

I've said in this thread before that my goals are usually more visual than numerical but my goal at this point is to work on my distance running. I went out and bought that treadmill I had been thinking about and right now my goal is just to make some progress on there. Right now I'm doing about 2 miles a day but my goal is to get up to about 5. So that's my main goal that I'll work towards
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #1098
abuC
Cuba

Quote:

I don't even know what my goals are anymore, part of me wants to bulk up to around 275-280lbs, the other part wants to see what I look like at 205.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #1099
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:

My goals are to stay on the path I'm on till January. Which is lifting, eating (a lot) and sleeping. Come the new year I want to drastically change my routine. Thinking of doing a 12 week program, just not sure what I'm going to do yet. Reason being, I feel my body is adjusting to my current routine too much.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #1100
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I don't even know what my goals are anymore, part of me wants to bulk up to around 275-280lbs, the other part wants to see what I look like at 205.

Go to 205 bro.

The older I get, the less I care about how much I weigh and how much I lift. I just cut now to a weight I haven't seen until my first year of university, and it feels great. Particularly carrying around all this muscle at this weight, and being such a low bodyfat%.

You might not lift as much; I certainly don't, but you look better, and shit, it makes certain body parts look bigger. I've always been worried about my arms looking small, even though I get told they look big by damn near every girl I talk to, but now I can actually say for myself that I agree.

I'm down to 202lbs now. Benching about 20-25lbs less than what I was at 235lbs, but as far as the other compounds go, about the same. Even military press has stayed pretty even outside maybe a 5lbs drop at the very end of the cut.

Looking lean is the way to go. With the weight you move already, slim down, and you'll still have insane strength, and you'll already be so densely packed with muscle that all you have to focus on is maintaining.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #1101
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Go to 205 bro.

The older I get, the less I care about how much I weigh and how much I lift. I just cut now to a weight I haven't seen until my first year of university, and it feels great. Particularly carrying around all this muscle at this weight, and being such a low bodyfat%.

You might not lift as much; I certainly don't, but you look better, and shit, it makes certain body parts look bigger. I've always been worried about my arms looking small, even though I get told they look big by damn near every girl I talk to, but now I can actually say for myself that I agree.

I'm down to 202lbs now. Benching about 20-25lbs less than what I was at 235lbs, but as far as the other compounds go, about the same. Even military press has stayed pretty even outside maybe a 5lbs drop at the very end of the cut.

Looking lean is the way to go. With the weight you move already, slim down, and you'll still have insane strength, and you'll already be so densely packed with muscle that all you have to focus on is maintaining.

I may do a quick bulk up to 245-250, and then down to 205-210. I'm just worried about losing size, I've worked so hard to get this muscle and lost a little bit of strength on my last cut and it actually did bother me.

My shoulder issues have come back which will make it difficult for me to keep the size there, my shoulder presses have dropped by a large amount the last 3 weeks.

I'll probably give it a shot, and if I don't like how I look I'll do a serious bulk.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #1102
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

ShannonElements: Well, you have the next 4/5 weeks to do something different before the year ends. Try different stuff, get a taste of different programs/modalities, then see what you wanna do for next year.

Zan: Building up momentum for the next cycle. Awesome awesome.

abuC: Wow, that is kind of a toughie. I think if you do wanna cut, you're really gonna lose some lean mass, but I'd venture to say it's because of the way you train. No doubt you're a big dude and probably the beastly-est here, but your logs, it seems that you've built up a lot of sarcoplasm along with the mounds of myofibrillar tissue you have on you because of the rep ranges and volume that you do. If you continue to train heavy as you do while cutting, you may be losing that goo, but not necessarily that true, muscle tissue that you have. I understand though, it's still part of your muscle, but it's really up to you. If you wanna see yourself at a leaner weight, it's undeniable that you're gonna have to part with some of that muscle, but yeah, maybe it's a consolation if you think of it as just letting go of some of the filler goo that's inside your muscles. Either way, , buddy.

B-Low: Damn, going against the flow bringing that cardio up while everybody's gonna be stuffing their faces during the holidays. Boss. Haha!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1103
PullupJay
Certified G

Where you guys at?
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #1104
Balla_Status

Been out in the field five of the last six weeks so I'v been shit when it comes to working out. Back in the office for the next two weeks. Time to get back on dat stronglifts. You see progress on that program in such little time. It's amazing.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #1105
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay

Where you guys at?

Probably around 12% or so. Definitely more toned than the 14-15 guy, but not as ripped as the 9-10 one.

Side topic: Anyone own a Nutribullet? I'm thinking about getting one for Christmas
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1106
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Probably around 12% or so. Definitely more toned than the 14-15 guy, but not as ripped as the 9-10 one.

Side topic: Anyone own a Nutribullet? I'm thinking about getting one for Christmas

I do. Upgraded from the 'MagicBullet'. It's a better qaulity version of the MB with bigger cups. I use it for my protein shakes. Definitely worth the buy.

Side note - injured my neck doing shoulder presses. Sh!t's been hurting me for like 4 days. Still lifting though, just don't want squash my momentum. Yeah, I'm dumb .....
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #1107
alenleomessi
W

^ i think you were the guy that injured himself while bench pressing alone?
anyway a friend of my little brother filmed himself while lifting and.. struggled for his life on the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySWzpvCGxI

laughed my ass off
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #1108
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
^ i think you were the guy that injured himself while bench pressing alone?
anyway a friend of my little brother filmed himself while lifting and.. struggled for his life on the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySWzpvCGxI

laughed my ass off
That was me!! Just add 150lbs to the bar, and cracked ribs.

Funny thing is I injured my neck not by actually doing the shoulder press movement, but by trying to bring the dumbbells down. Instead of bringing them down to my knees, I swung them to my sides and jammed my neck (where the neck bone meets the spine). Shit was killing me, feeling a bit better today.

That's something everyone who takes weight-lifting seriously has to consider. You will always have some sort of ache or pain (some more serious than others) if you lift weights regularly. You just have to accept it and keep on moving.

Last edited by Zan Tabak : 12-02-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #1109
Balla_Status

Worked out way light since I've been out of it for 1.5 months. Got some upper back pain while squatting. Thinking my form is just a bit off. I need to get some weight lifting shoes to give my ankle a bit of a cushion since I'm doing high bar squats.

Feel damn good though. Got a lot of shit taken care of post-workout at the apartment. Usually a good correlation between getting shit done at the gym and getting shit done at the apartment instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Looks like I'll be office bound for at least 1.5 months so I'm hoping to put on around 5 lbs if I'm lucky.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #1110
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I do all the time

lateral planks with the dumbells, ab wheel, v-ups with the medicine ball (my personal favorite)
Do you work you lats really well? A lot of people disregard those even though they're a huge part of your core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCSOZvhkvs
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: