Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #1126
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
How many of you stretch here? Just general whole body?
I stretch after workouts if I feel sore in an area, but I don't really have any sort of plan for it.

Quote:
How many of you have problems with your lower back? How many of you bother to stretch, foam roll and pressure point massage your piriformis and hip flexors?
My lower back gets sore if I do normal squats, so I do front squats and hack squats instead. Other than that, I don't have back problems unless I sleep on my side too much.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #1127
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
5'11.5 maybe 6'0.. you are pretty tall though it will take some time i guess... its not like im looking anything great either... im just glad im not superskinny anymore which ive been all my teenage years
Same. I wasn't quite as skinny as 160 when I played bball, but I've never been up to 200 before. Feels nice, though I got up to like 210 with a lot of fat added. Feels really weird having love handles, but they're slowly fading.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1128
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who here works out their core?
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1129
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay
who here works out their core?

I do all the time

lateral planks with the dumbells, ab wheel, v-ups with the medicine ball (my personal favorite)
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #1130
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn... I was thinking it was my piriformis muscle at the back that was causing my lower back discomfort, but I stretched out my hip flexors at the front last night, and wow... I woke up today, a lot more limber, more pain free then I have in a while.

Spent a good 15 minutes just stretching the hip flexors last night, and it hurt like hell, but I stuck through it.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #1131
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I went with my brother to the gym again and got damn... I am further reminded of the fact that more muscle does not equal more strength. I was just doing power cleans with 155-175 and deads with 245-285 (felt heavier than it should have so I didn't go for 300 anymore) and he and his friends were going "How'd you do that?" and they all had better physiques than me (or at least bigger).

But anyway, I'm looking to go with my brother every Friday now since he's allowed to bring guests along on the weekends. Finally gonna get my wish for heavier deadlifts, kettlebells, and battle ropes during the week. Feels good.

I've been stuck at my current weight and lifts for months now because of financial problems. I'm simply not eating enough.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #1132
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im Making All Kiiiiindz Of Gainzz
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #1133
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna hit 405 on bench before the end of the year, got 375 up 3 times with no spot after a week off from the gym. My shoulders are feeling a lot better, they will never be 100% but they aren't going to hold me back.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #1134
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Tonight I did some deadlifts, repped 435 x 3, which to people that take lifting seriously isn't really a lot, but after the set two kids that were watching actually applauded and a trainer complimented me on the lift. Pretty corny, but it really stuck with me after and just makes me want to push harder to get those lifts up.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #1135
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Tonight I did some deadlifts, repped 435 x 3, which to people that take lifting seriously isn't really a lot, but after the set two kids that were watching actually applauded and a trainer complimented me on the lift. Pretty corny, but it really stuck with me after and just makes me want to push harder to get those lifts up.

Dude, 435lbs is a lot of weight, regardless how long you've been lifting.

Congrats.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #1136
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

There's some strong mofo's here.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #1137
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ux4WokXWo

So I was reading this blog by Anthony Mychal which I find very interesting. His blog is about his personal story about his health from when he was a teenager until now and going against the standards of building a physique. He goes into dieting, fasting, nutrition, body building, etc.

I came upon this video of these people doing what's called "Trick Battling". Which is basically like dance battling, but in the form of tumbling. I find it pretty amazing and I wish I could see some of their footwork and landings in super-slow-mo. Also Mr. Mychal's blog is extremely interesting to much for anyone interested...

http://anthonymychal.com
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #1138
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjSZiYLsJck

to become a cop in my country all you need to do is 55 pushups, 10 chinups, 60 crunches and run 3200 metres ( 2miles ) in 13:30 min.. for males.. for females its obviously even lower.

and still only 20% of the candidates made it through this

what a joke, no wonder everyone is toying with us
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #1139
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

I have genetically shitty traps I guess, I can shrug & deadlift a lot of weight, but my traps just refuse to "pop" when I see them from the front. Doesn't help that I have almost no neck, but still I'd expect them to pop more with the weights I move but nope. The only positive is that you can see my traps through sweatshirts and hoodies from behind, looks like two hooks in my back. But I can't really see them from the front

Really annoying to see someone shrugging half the weight you move, but with much better traps.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #1140
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Strength and Endurance time.

Did a couple sets of leg press.
Couple sets of Landmine Presses.
Couple of rows
Did very slow Russian Full Contact Twist (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that anyone who wants a strong core ONLY do these, hanging leg raises, rollouts, and planks with Squats and Deads. Say no to crunches/situps and side bends!!!!)

And finished it off with a cardio calisthenic circuit ( I LOVE THEZE)
Dips
TRX Rows
Chin Ups
Burpees
Swings.
Rest was 5-10 seconds. Cardio looking swell. Want to be INFATIGABLE though. Switched up the diet to mimic Ben Greenfield a guy who is basically a triathalon champ. Advocates a strong portion of calories from fat which is detrimental to bodybuilding goals, but has you feeling healthier and more stable.

His food pyramid is something like
4th level: Fruit
3rd level: Starch?legume (Lentils, Yams)
2nd level: PROTEIN (beef, turkey, eggs, tuna)
1st level: VEG (broccoli, asparagus, kale, spinach, chard)
BASE; FAT (coconut oil, egg yolks, avocado, butter, almonds)

Feeling very fit. Much respect to Rushfit, MMA guys, and Crossfit for encouraging us to use our bodyweight to train our hearts as oppose to running on the modern day Guillotine which is the treadmill.

This winter may be rough, but our inner fire never dissipates.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: