Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #1126
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

ShannonElements: Well, you have the next 4/5 weeks to do something different before the year ends. Try different stuff, get a taste of different programs/modalities, then see what you wanna do for next year.

Zan: Building up momentum for the next cycle. Awesome awesome.

abuC: Wow, that is kind of a toughie. I think if you do wanna cut, you're really gonna lose some lean mass, but I'd venture to say it's because of the way you train. No doubt you're a big dude and probably the beastly-est here, but your logs, it seems that you've built up a lot of sarcoplasm along with the mounds of myofibrillar tissue you have on you because of the rep ranges and volume that you do. If you continue to train heavy as you do while cutting, you may be losing that goo, but not necessarily that true, muscle tissue that you have. I understand though, it's still part of your muscle, but it's really up to you. If you wanna see yourself at a leaner weight, it's undeniable that you're gonna have to part with some of that muscle, but yeah, maybe it's a consolation if you think of it as just letting go of some of the filler goo that's inside your muscles. Either way, , buddy.

B-Low: Damn, going against the flow bringing that cardio up while everybody's gonna be stuffing their faces during the holidays. Boss. Haha!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1127
PullupJay
HAAAAAAAAAN

Where you guys at?
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #1128
Balla_Status

Been out in the field five of the last six weeks so I'v been shit when it comes to working out. Back in the office for the next two weeks. Time to get back on dat stronglifts. You see progress on that program in such little time. It's amazing.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #1129
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullupJay

Where you guys at?

Probably around 12% or so. Definitely more toned than the 14-15 guy, but not as ripped as the 9-10 one.

Side topic: Anyone own a Nutribullet? I'm thinking about getting one for Christmas
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1130
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Probably around 12% or so. Definitely more toned than the 14-15 guy, but not as ripped as the 9-10 one.

Side topic: Anyone own a Nutribullet? I'm thinking about getting one for Christmas

I do. Upgraded from the 'MagicBullet'. It's a better qaulity version of the MB with bigger cups. I use it for my protein shakes. Definitely worth the buy.

Side note - injured my neck doing shoulder presses. Sh!t's been hurting me for like 4 days. Still lifting though, just don't want squash my momentum. Yeah, I'm dumb .....
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #1131
alenleomessi
W

^ i think you were the guy that injured himself while bench pressing alone?
anyway a friend of my little brother filmed himself while lifting and.. struggled for his life on the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySWzpvCGxI

laughed my ass off
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #1132
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
^ i think you were the guy that injured himself while bench pressing alone?
anyway a friend of my little brother filmed himself while lifting and.. struggled for his life on the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySWzpvCGxI

laughed my ass off
That was me!! Just add 150lbs to the bar, and cracked ribs.

Funny thing is I injured my neck not by actually doing the shoulder press movement, but by trying to bring the dumbbells down. Instead of bringing them down to my knees, I swung them to my sides and jammed my neck (where the neck bone meets the spine). Shit was killing me, feeling a bit better today.

That's something everyone who takes weight-lifting seriously has to consider. You will always have some sort of ache or pain (some more serious than others) if you lift weights regularly. You just have to accept it and keep on moving.

Last edited by Zan Tabak : 12-02-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #1133
Balla_Status

Worked out way light since I've been out of it for 1.5 months. Got some upper back pain while squatting. Thinking my form is just a bit off. I need to get some weight lifting shoes to give my ankle a bit of a cushion since I'm doing high bar squats.

Feel damn good though. Got a lot of shit taken care of post-workout at the apartment. Usually a good correlation between getting shit done at the gym and getting shit done at the apartment instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Looks like I'll be office bound for at least 1.5 months so I'm hoping to put on around 5 lbs if I'm lucky.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #1134
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I do all the time

lateral planks with the dumbells, ab wheel, v-ups with the medicine ball (my personal favorite)
Do you work you lats really well? A lot of people disregard those even though they're a huge part of your core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCSOZvhkvs
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #1135
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

spent my whole life as a weightlifter. Today i experienced my first day as a body builder. There is a world of difference. My favouite vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThjIE5M10Q
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #1136
abuC
Cuba

Haven't been all that active in this thread the last month, been battling some pretty bad shoulder problems. The cold weather has brought back all the shoulder aches I had last year, only now it's in both shoulders as opposed to just the right. I've been going to the gym about once a week for the last month, doing all power lifts so I don't drop strength, this week I start going back and rehabing my shoulder as well as moving on to PHAT.

It's nothing I can't work through, I slacked on the preemptive rehab work over the summer and it came roaring back. The positive is that I don't really need my shoulders to get much bigger, they have some good size to them already, just sucks that they almost always feel fatigued.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #1137
plowking
Verticle?

I think I injured my serratus muscles doing pullovers with a dumbbell. I was fine after, but in the morning when I woke up, its like it all stiffened up, and I couldn't move properly. I didn't go that heavy or anything, but I figure its the same thing as what happened when I started doing shrugs again... Just haven't done them in a while, went a little too heavy, and shocked the muscles?

I'm going to try and keep incorporating pullovers in my chest routine even despite the injury, so might have to go extra light...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #1138
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Haven't been all that active in this thread the last month, been battling some pretty bad shoulder problems. The cold weather has brought back all the shoulder aches I had last year, only now it's in both shoulders as opposed to just the right. I've been going to the gym about once a week for the last month, doing all power lifts so I don't drop strength, this week I start going back and rehabing my shoulder as well as moving on to PHAT.

It's nothing I can't work through, I slacked on the preemptive rehab work over the summer and it came roaring back. The positive is that I don't really need my shoulders to get much bigger, they have some good size to them already, just sucks that they almost always feel fatigued.
I hear ya! This cold weather is killing me. Just recovered from a neck injury, now have a sore-ass left elbow. My body just feels so damn stiff in this weather.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1139
alenleomessi
W

i think i have shit chest genetics
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #1140
tmacattack33
NBA sixth man of the year

Every time i come home now i'm too tired to work out.

Shit sucks. Maybe i can workout in the beginning of every day.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: