Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #1156
Balla_Status

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Worked out way light since I've been out of it for 1.5 months. Got some upper back pain while squatting. Thinking my form is just a bit off. I need to get some weight lifting shoes to give my ankle a bit of a cushion since I'm doing high bar squats.

Feel damn good though. Got a lot of shit taken care of post-workout at the apartment. Usually a good correlation between getting shit done at the gym and getting shit done at the apartment instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Looks like I'll be office bound for at least 1.5 months so I'm hoping to put on around 5 lbs if I'm lucky.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #1157
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I do all the time

lateral planks with the dumbells, ab wheel, v-ups with the medicine ball (my personal favorite)
Do you work you lats really well? A lot of people disregard those even though they're a huge part of your core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCSOZvhkvs
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #1158
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

spent my whole life as a weightlifter. Today i experienced my first day as a body builder. There is a world of difference. My favouite vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YThjIE5M10Q
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #1159
abuC
Cuba

Haven't been all that active in this thread the last month, been battling some pretty bad shoulder problems. The cold weather has brought back all the shoulder aches I had last year, only now it's in both shoulders as opposed to just the right. I've been going to the gym about once a week for the last month, doing all power lifts so I don't drop strength, this week I start going back and rehabing my shoulder as well as moving on to PHAT.

It's nothing I can't work through, I slacked on the preemptive rehab work over the summer and it came roaring back. The positive is that I don't really need my shoulders to get much bigger, they have some good size to them already, just sucks that they almost always feel fatigued.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #1160
plowking
greeting earthlings

I think I injured my serratus muscles doing pullovers with a dumbbell. I was fine after, but in the morning when I woke up, its like it all stiffened up, and I couldn't move properly. I didn't go that heavy or anything, but I figure its the same thing as what happened when I started doing shrugs again... Just haven't done them in a while, went a little too heavy, and shocked the muscles?

I'm going to try and keep incorporating pullovers in my chest routine even despite the injury, so might have to go extra light...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #1161
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Haven't been all that active in this thread the last month, been battling some pretty bad shoulder problems. The cold weather has brought back all the shoulder aches I had last year, only now it's in both shoulders as opposed to just the right. I've been going to the gym about once a week for the last month, doing all power lifts so I don't drop strength, this week I start going back and rehabing my shoulder as well as moving on to PHAT.

It's nothing I can't work through, I slacked on the preemptive rehab work over the summer and it came roaring back. The positive is that I don't really need my shoulders to get much bigger, they have some good size to them already, just sucks that they almost always feel fatigued.
I hear ya! This cold weather is killing me. Just recovered from a neck injury, now have a sore-ass left elbow. My body just feels so damn stiff in this weather.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1162
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

i think i have shit chest genetics
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #1163
tmacattack33
NBA lottery pick

Every time i come home now i'm too tired to work out.

Shit sucks. Maybe i can workout in the beginning of every day.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #1164
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Every time i come home now i'm too tired to work out.

Shit sucks. Maybe i can workout in the beginning of every day.
I'm too tired as well. That's why I workout in the morning before work. Can't recommend it enough. But I have a home-gym so it's easy for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #1165
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
I doubt you have shit chest genetics. You probably have the same problem I had for years, which was I didn't know how to push weight using my chest. I was all shoulders. Took me time to learn, but once I did my chest exploded in size. When benching try too focus on using your chest, this may require dropping your weight a bit.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #1166
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:

The main thing that helped me grow my chest, is bringing my elbows close to my body on the way down, a closer grip, and gripping the bar tight, and essentially trying to snap it in half, like you would spaghetti before throwing it in to cook.

Like Zan said, you will have to drop the weight initially, though after a while, you will be able to add weight at a much more solid rate. Benching the way I do involves a lot more triceps, and if you aren't used to it, you will have to drop the weight. Once the body becomes accustomed, you're set for life.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #1167
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Mark Henry bench pressing 765lbs

http://instagram.com/p/hym8VEgFA6/
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #1168
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Mark Henry bench pressing 765lbs

http://instagram.com/p/hym8VEgFA6/

Weird. I have a picture of me, before and after my 765lbs lift too. Just not during.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #1169
sunsfan1357
Word.

In powerlifting competitions Henry's PR was 585.5, the all time WR (in a sanctioned meet) is 710 (722 in a bench only meet) I don't think he was really pressing 765
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #1170
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I'm too tired as well. That's why I workout in the morning before work. Can't recommend it enough. But I have a home-gym so it's easy for me.

It's terrible, my shoulders felt great until October, then both just started aching out of nowhere with no warning signs. So I blame the cold!

Quote:

Dumbells and decline....

Learn to love both and your chest will explode, mine is 49.5" now and has gained a good deal of size & vascularity in just the last year from incorporating decline into my lifts. If you're trying to build a good looking chest, I think DBs are the way to go IMO.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: