Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #1171
alenleomessi
W

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
The only other comic book guy I know from this thread is B-Low, but I'm sure some of you guys might get a kick out of this.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/...33,0,584, 550

Links below in case you guys wanna see all the designs. They also have long sleeves. I'd definitely train in these.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...irt/pid1246520

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1244399-602
is this abuc?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #1172
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
The only other comic book guy I know from this thread is B-Low, but I'm sure some of you guys might get a kick out of this.

Links below in case you guys wanna see all the designs. They also have long sleeves. I'd definitely train in these.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...irt/pid1246520

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1244399-602

Haha I actually saw those a while ago up at D!cks. I emailed UA and told them if they put out a Wolverine one I would buy it and they actually emailed me back saying that the shirts were selling enough that they were looking into makin a second line. I'm still thinkin about picking up a long sleeve Spiderman one
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1173
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Yeah, man, that would be badass. I think they really are making a second line though coz I've seen a picture of a Thor one that looked cool (although at first glance it kinda makes you look more like some cyborg or something). Deadpool one would be sweet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
is this abuc?

Holy shit, maybe it is!
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #1174
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Been playing around with my new Nutribullet all evening. Made a f'n delicious one of ice, strawberries, bananas and almonds.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #1175
plowking
Verticle?

Shoulder is still causing me problems, and with the Physio getting me to do more movements in the sessions, we've concluded I have terrible thorasic spine mobility/flexibility.

Every time I have to reach above my head and slightly back, it kills my muscle. I was actually surprised at how little flexibility I had. I have about 5-10 degrees and I should be getting 30-45... lol. Right side is particularly bad, as Trentknicks mentioned he also had the forward shoulder/smaller pec thing going on for the right side, which causes for even less mobility in the thorasic spine on that side. Hence why I keep injuring the right side. Tighter, less room to work with, less give on the muscles.

Basically caused by a lot of sitting, and chest work and shoulder work.

Ah well, no gym for another 3 or 4 weeks, but at least I've figured out all the problems.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #1176
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Shoulder is still causing me problems, and with the Physio getting me to do more movements in the sessions, we've concluded I have terrible thorasic spine mobility/flexibility.

Every time I have to reach above my head and slightly back, it kills my muscle. I was actually surprised at how little flexibility I had. I have about 5-10 degrees and I should be getting 30-45... lol. Right side is particularly bad, as Trentknicks mentioned he also had the forward shoulder/smaller pec thing going on for the right side, which causes for even less mobility in the thorasic spine on that side. Hence why I keep injuring the right side. Tighter, less room to work with, less give on the muscles.

Basically caused by a lot of sitting, and chest work and shoulder work.

Ah well, no gym for another 3 or 4 weeks, but at least I've figured out all the problems.

Can you do pulls though? Yeah, having disadvantages in your body construct like that and overloading them with too many presses (especially benches) will make it bad. Really bad. Maybe you can do some lighter Deadlifts or rows or some sort of carry.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #1177
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
Can you do pulls though? Yeah, having disadvantages in your body construct like that and overloading them with too many presses (especially benches) will make it bad. Really bad. Maybe you can do some lighter Deadlifts or rows or some sort of carry.
Heard this plenty of times too, way to much emphasis placed on the more visible muscles used in push movements. From what I've seen, most non-serious shoulder injuries can be helped by cutting down on overuse and strengthening the back.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #1178
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
Heard this plenty of times too, way to much emphasis placed on the more visible muscles used in push movements. From what I've seen, most non-serious shoulder injuries can be helped by cutting down on overuse and strengthening the back.
Yeah after I messed my shoulder up last year, pulls are what got me going again. Cable pulls and prone rows with the dumbells really got my shoulders strong again and (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues with that shoulder again since
Old 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #1179
alenleomessi
W

its time to take a week off.. ive been a good boy all year ( only absence from gym was one week when i was on a vacation.. still did some bodyweight exercises )
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #1180
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:

The thing is, my chest is actually quite weak compared to my back. I've pulled 235kg for deadlift, at anywhere from 90-100kg I could do 20+ pullups, etc.

Once I dropped to about 90kg, I could still do all those, but I was only benching 120-125kg for 5 or 6, couldn't do too much on the seated press compared to a few people at my gym, etc.
Comparatively with people who were similar strength to me on pushes, I could do a shitload more weight when it came to back exercises and pulls.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1181
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
The thing is, my chest is actually quite weak compared to my back. I've pulled 235kg for deadlift, at anywhere from 90-100kg I could do 20+ pullups, etc.

Once I dropped to about 90kg, I could still do all those, but I was only benching 120-125kg for 5 or 6, couldn't do too much on the seated press compared to a few people at my gym, etc.
Comparatively with people who were similar strength to me on pushes, I could do a shitload more weight when it came to back exercises and pulls.
Your physio will probably have all the answers then haha, good work on the strength man. How tall are you?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #1182
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Your physio will probably have all the answers then haha, good work on the strength man. How tall are you?

6'3 man. Which is always why I've found it weird that I'm good at pull ups in particular.

You going to the UQ gym? I used to train there a while back. Now I'm just at the Indooroopilly snap most of the time. Well haven't been there in 4 weeks due to the back, but yeah...
Old 12-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #1183
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
6'3 man. Which is always why I've found it weird that I'm good at pull ups in particular.

You going to the UQ gym? I used to train there a while back. Now I'm just at the Indooroopilly snap most of the time. Well haven't been there in 4 weeks due to the back, but yeah...
I live on the GC, so I just go to my local PCYC. Measured myself the other day and came out at 6'1 and 3/4 of an inch.

Pretty good effort on the pullups, I'm really only at 10-12 with strict form and pauses at top and bottom. Good work on the strength too, that some serious pulling power for a tall guy.

Last edited by Trentknicks : 12-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #1184
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
I live on the GC, so I just go to my local PCYC. Measured myself the other day and came out at 6'1 and 3/4 of an inch.

Pretty good effort on the pullups, I'm really only at 10-12 with strict form and pauses at top and bottom. Good work on the strength too, that some serious pulling power for a tall guy.

Ah cool cool. I thought you were a UQ student?

You playing any ball at the moment?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 AM   #1185
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
Ah cool cool. I thought you were a UQ student?

You playing any ball at the moment?
Yeah I am, just train it up 2-3 days a week
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: