Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #106
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

I do yoga 4X a week, a bodyweight workout 4-5 times a week, and then try to do intense cardio (swimming or ball usually) for 45 minutes to 2 hours 2-3X a week. I've been doing this for 11 weeks now, and it is really starting to pay off, but the going is slow. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, protein, whole grains, and then some cheese and milk in a day.

This is the first time in my life I've seriously committed to fitness, I love it. I love working out now. I'm under 200 lbs at 6'0" for the first time since high school.

However, does anyone know how I can make the process go faster???
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #107
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

You can try cutting the whole grains out. They're not exactly as healthy as everyone makes them out to be. There are certain proteins or some kind of substance in whole grains that leech or bind essential vitamins and minerals from your body, in effect stealing health from you without you even knowing it. The only grain I really eat now is rice (yes, I'm Asian) and it's only mounds of it post-workout. Quinoa's also supposed to be another grain (or I've read it's more of a seed, which may explain its healthier set-up) that doesn't have as much gluten or phytens in it. Just try to stay away from all the wheat stuff. It's supposedly the most "dangerous" of the grains, and unfortunately the most abundant in these so-called "health foods." I've never felt better though since I cut them out. You could try reading up on it if you think I'm too lacking here.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #108
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does anyone have insanity? Id like to start that program but id rather not pay for it and I cant find it on the Internet
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #109
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
You can try cutting the whole grains out. They're not exactly as healthy as everyone makes them out to be. There are certain proteins or some kind of substance in whole grains that leech or bind essential vitamins and minerals from your body, in effect stealing health from you without you even knowing it. The only grain I really eat now is rice (yes, I'm Asian) and it's only mounds of it post-workout. Quinoa's also supposed to be another grain (or I've read it's more of a seed, which may explain its healthier set-up) that doesn't have as much gluten or phytens in it. Just try to stay away from all the wheat stuff. It's supposedly the most "dangerous" of the grains, and unfortunately the most abundant in these so-called "health foods." I've never felt better though since I cut them out. You could try reading up on it if you think I'm too lacking here.

Thanks man. Once I'm done all the whole-grain food I bought I will try this haha. I have brown rice and couscous. Are those okay?
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #110
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Many people used the Jack3d pre workout stuff?

I've used it. Not impressed. In my experience my general energy level and degree of motivation matter more than a pre-workout thing.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #111
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I've used it. Not impressed. In my experience my general energy level and degree of motivation matter more than a pre-workout thing.

I'm the same way. I used to spend a bunch of money on supplements when I found that I perform the same, or even better, without 'em.

If anyone needs a good warmup routine I'd recommend this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxr6xAB5ZM

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/we...-a-631289.html

The first link is the upper body version, the second link for lower body. I used this every day for a couple months and it really helped with agility and hip movements. It also really helped me get better grip placement on squats (I do low bar) and alleviates shoulder pain you can get from benching if you're prone to it. It's pretty simple and doesn't require much, just a foam roller really and I recommend everyone get one in the first place.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #112
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Does anyone have insanity? Id like to start that program but id rather not pay for it and I cant find it on the Internet
Me, wife did it. It's intense, but didn't work for her, probably becuase she wasn't eating right during the whole thing.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #113
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
Thanks man. Once I'm done all the whole-grain food I bought I will try this haha. I have brown rice and couscous. Are those okay?

Well, in general I eat lots of rice (white, brown, red are the ones Ive tried), and I tolerate them well since, well, I'm Asian. Though I believe my Pacific Islander genes were originally suited for the typical pre-civilization diet (meats, veggies, fruits, and coconuts Lolz), the centuries that were spent trading with other countries and eating more rice in our diets helped us adapt. I've read though that generally, Caucasian races don't have the same insulin sensitivity with regards to rice as we do. I suggest you try eating them for 2-3 weeks and see how you feel. Well, you can actually start feeling some effects within a couple of days, but this is really the best way to see if it's working for you. If your ener levels are high AND not erratic and you think you're getting decent results composition-wise, go through with it. If not, junk it. Word of warning though, you may experience some stuff like hunger, laziness, or even dizziness within the first 2 days, but that's normal whenever you make a radical change to your habits. I think you'll find that eliminating most grains, even just wheat, from your diet will help you feel more vigorous. Sorry for the long ramble. Get shit done, man.

And don't worry if the results aren't coming "fast." It could even be said that slow yet consistent results are better than quick fixes that precede a yo-yo reaction.

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 05-29-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #114
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Went to go get some running shoes on Tuesday at some place called Fleet Feet and I learned more about running shoes in the hour I was there than I knew before. I was looking to join the movement and get some minimalist shoes, but decided not to. It's not that I was talked out of it, but the information I learned just made me lean towards the standard running shoe. It's awesome when you get great customer service like that.

Anyway, I guess the point of my post was to post this article I came across regarding the barefoot running movement: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ies/55137118/1

Does anyone here use shoes like that? I read that running barefoot for small amounts of time a couple of times a week can work to strengthen some of the muscles used in running so I might try that out at the park by my house.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 AM   #115
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I'm very motivated!

I'm gonna start waking up earlier than usual every week, and workout till I can't go any longer. I will do this for the first 2 weeks until my body gets used to it, and then stop..... as usual.

But seriously, I just got my blood test results and they said I'm a 39 cholesterol level. But what's motivating me even more, is this chick at work telling me how skinny I am. this is the 4th time she's mentioned this so now I wanna prove her wrong. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna start to work out, try to gain back some of my old weight.

I have no gym membership.

All I have is some weights to help me curl and the perfect pushup. With that and with that alone, I'll go from 150 pds- 155 and hopefully push that to 160. My heaviest was 170, but I was in the gym for 2 hours a day, drinking milk like it was water, and eating like crazy. I was a stud back then not anymore

I'll teach her!!!

Oh yeah... forgot about this shit.

Have yet to pick up a weight, no longer motivated.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #116
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/71137...Deluxe_Edition

i have it, it's pretty intense
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #117
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Went to go get some running shoes on Tuesday at some place called Fleet Feet and I learned more about running shoes in the hour I was there than I knew before. I was looking to join the movement and get some minimalist shoes, but decided not to. It's not that I was talked out of it, but the information I learned just made me lean towards the standard running shoe. It's awesome when you get great customer service like that.

Anyway, I guess the point of my post was to post this article I came across regarding the barefoot running movement: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ies/55137118/1

Does anyone here use shoes like that? I read that running barefoot for small amounts of time a couple of times a week can work to strengthen some of the muscles used in running so I might try that out at the park by my house.

i wear these to run and workout. love them. takes a few days to get used to them, but they are great.

rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #118
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Anyone Who was on whey PWO try going off it for a couple of weeks? I ran out last Wednesday and wasn't able to buy yet. I usually move my session if ever that happens but I decided not to be a ***** dependent on the shizznit. Anyway, for those who have, you guys make any good gains? What did you guys do to substitute for it? I'm starting to think I'll stay off it now.

And btw, for anyone looking for a good powder, try (thank you, hate raid for convincing me to switch). I used to take ON Natural, but I feel TONS better using Dymatize. I never had that extremely bloated feeling with Dymatize that I had with ON. I noticed that even after two shakes, it makes me wanna eat a whole lot more food!! Definitely a good feeling if you wanna gain some mass (which I did while on this whey. I hate to give 100% credit to supplements coz it doesn't work that way, but I think it helped significantly, mixed with my IF and choice of foods) Maybe it's the enzyme blend. Well, whatever it is, for any of you guys looking for a change, I'm putting the name out.

http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&...AcXWrQfhpfWqDg
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #119
sunsfan1357
Word.

So I'm actually at the point where I'm starting to enjoy running again. Doing 30 minutes a day slowly building up my stamina so hopefully I can get to the point of doing just straight 30 minutes soon. Progress is a process.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #120
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With the P90X, I decided to drop the Yoga X out of the routine. It's an hour & a half, and I honestly don't have that kind of time to spare, so in it's place, I'm jogging now. I run over a mile every "Yoga X" day. I just go on Mapquest.com & try to find different 1+ mile routes so I don't get bored of the same old thing.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: