Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #1246
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I've been hard out into going the last 4 or 5 years and when I take a week off for rest, I find it hard to get back into.

Get yourself into gym 5 days a week for 2 weeks straight, and it becomes habit. Seriously.
Yeah I should. My willpower is worse with junk food. I drink pepsi way too much. Think I need to buy tuna and some cruskits and detox haha
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #1247
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
Yeah I should. My willpower is worse with junk food. I drink pepsi way too much. Think I need to buy tuna and some cruskits and detox haha

If you need pepsi, get max. Same with coke, get zero or diet.

My whole motto is, make your easy, accessible and quick to eat food healthy. Buy canned tuna, oats, whey protein, salami, low fat ham slices, almonds, cottage cheese, etc.
When you get down to it, if you can't be bothered to make something, you're going straight for whats easiest. If you have this lying around, its what you're going to eat, and go to first, since its ready to go.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #1248
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Quote:
If you need pepsi, get max. Same with coke, get zero or diet.

My whole motto is, make your easy, accessible and quick to eat food healthy. Buy canned tuna, oats, whey protein, salami, low fat ham slices, almonds, cottage cheese, etc.
When you get down to it, if you can't be bothered to make something, you're going straight for whats easiest. If you have this lying around, its what you're going to eat, and go to first, since its ready to go.
This is true. I drink Pepsi max or next. Think I will start walking/running for an hour a night. I am like 90 kilos 6 ft 2, so I would like to lose 5-10 kgs
Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #1249
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
This is true. I drink Pepsi max or next. Think I will start walking/running for an hour a night. I am like 90 kilos 6 ft 2, so I would like to lose 5-10 kgs

You're about my size bro... I'm guessing you're just not in shape and don't take the time to workout?

Join a gym man. Best thing ever. I get into shitty moods if I don't go to the gym. When exam time comes around, I'm going 7 days a week. I need it... otherwise I go nuts.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #1250
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Quote:
You're about my size bro... I'm guessing you're just not in shape and don't take the time to workout?

Join a gym man. Best thing ever. I get into shitty moods if I don't go to the gym. When exam time comes around, I'm going 7 days a week. I need it... otherwise I go nuts.
I am not fat or anything, just want to lose a bit. I think by time I get home I can't be bothered. Thinking i will eat no sugar or fat and walk/run once a day. See what happens
Old 02-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #1251
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

I am out of junk food. Time to stop eating shit
Old 02-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #1252
Balla_Status

Quote:
Hey bros.

Where do most of you get your protein from? Any online stores that do international shipping for cheap or free.

Its honestly far too expensive for me to keep paying $120 for 3kgs as a university student in Australia, especially now that I'm trying to save for more travelling.

Everything is a goddamn rip off in Australia. I don't know how backpackers get by here. $5 coronas!!! What a deal!!!

I like posting at this time because it's only Aussies.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #1253
Balla_Status

Quote:
I am not fat or anything, just want to lose a bit. I think by time I get home I can't be bothered. Thinking i will eat no sugar or fat and walk/run once a day. See what happens

Then don't go home. Go from work/class to the gym then go home to shower. I'm exactly like you. Can't be ****ed to go to the gym if I go home first. I work in the city so I pack my shit before I go to work and then just change at the gym, drink my protein shake immediately after my workout and then either shower at the gym or shower at home. I prefer to shower at the gym because then I can get home and get on my dinner for the evening.

Anytime fitness is a good 24/7 gym that has squat racks. Don't use their personal trainers. They suck.

The first time you go to the gym you absolutely don't want to do it but then you enjoy it and it just becomes habit like he said. You just do it without thinking. I go MWF. Unfortunately I only did it twice last week cus I got a heap of shit to take care of and I had a trip to Cairns this past weekend (awesome but hot as). And I'm working on moving out of my current place and headed out to the field next week so I'm busy as trying to get organized. There's a squat rack out there so I'll just work out every other day...won't be able to eat the way I want to but I'm sure I'll make some progress.

But I got told by my sister in law that I look quite a lot bigger. I weight more than my brother who is two inches taller than me.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #1254
Balla_Status

Quote:

That's american talk bro...be better than that.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #1255
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That's american talk bro...be better than that.
I was thinking about walking and running as well..Maybe I will eat vegemite crackers or tuna crackers for a week haha
Old 02-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #1256
Balla_Status

Quote:
I was thinking about walking and running as well..Maybe I will eat vegemite crackers or tuna crackers for a week haha

Fuck vegemite.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #1257
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Fuck vegemite.
I love vegemite Do you think if I eat less for a week my body will re adjust to normal meals?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #1258
JEFFERSON MONEY
NBA All-star

Today's Workout.

5*5 Squat
3*8 Chin
3*8 CGBP
3*8 Curl
3*8 Dip
3*20 Lateral Raise
3*10 Sloww Hanging Leg Raise
5 * 5 Full Russian Contact Twist
25 Stomach Vacuum

Yeah Buddy. I wanna look pretty.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #1259
abuC
Cuba

Brazil and Puerto Rico bound this year, the slim down to 210lbs is going well
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #1260
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Brazil and Puerto Rico bound this year, the slim down to 210lbs is going well

A deadline to make us accountable. Nice. When's the trip?

I have a photoshoot for my brother's friend that I said yes to last year. It's only now that both of us are free enough to work on it but a lot of things came up in school so I asked him for a couple extra weeks to get in better shape again. I'm supposed to be portraying Tarzan so I definitely don't wanna screw that up.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: