Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #1321
Draz
The People's Choice

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Yeah, supposedly it comes from taking too much or above the recommended dosage, which is usually what happens when people "load" this stuff, right? Anyway, I'm honestly tempted to try it, especially since that Examine.com looks legit. Interesting that their collated information says in can increase muscle growth RATE. That'd definitely be something worth having. Although I have a feeling the percentage would be really minute.

How's everyone's training though? I've been working on my Front Squats since I've been sneaking into the gym of my university once a week again. School's done though so I'm not sure if I could still walk over there.

My current scheme looks like this.

Day 1
1) Overhead Press - (1-2-3) x AMAP in 15-20 mins
2A) Pull-Ups - (2-3-5-7) x AMAP in 15-20
2B) Dips - (2-3-5-7) x AMAP in 15-20 mins

Day 2
1) Front Squat - 2x3, 2x2
2A) Overhead Press - (2-3-5) x AMAP in 15-20 mins
2B) Pull-Ups - (2-3-5-7) x AMAP in 15-20 mins

Day 3
1) Complex (EMOTM for 15 minutes)
A) Clean x 1
B) Overhead Press x 2
C) Front Squat x 2
2A) Inverted Rows - 5x12
2B) Feet-Elevated Push-Ups - 5x12

Did I mention I love OHPs and pull-ups? IF I can still get access to my university gym, I'm planning on sticking with this (or at least most of it) til I can get 225 on my front squat. If not, I've been planning on buying a kettlebell and I almost have enough to get a 16 kg one.

Very informative website.

Quote:
examine.com
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #1322
Draz
The People's Choice

Today makes a month since I've been hitting the gym 4 to 5 times a week. Been seeing some tremendous results so quick. Looking forward to continue. I've been taking whey protein and amino acids.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #1323
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Today makes a month since I've been hitting the gym 4 to 5 times a week. Been seeing some tremendous results so quick. Looking forward to continue. I've been taking whey protein and amino acids.
It's pretty awesome when your gains skyrocket from going consistently.

Personally I'm in the opposite bracket, been slacking off the past couple of weeks and been drinking too much. My squat needs to recover, but my deadlift and bench are still where they should be.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #1324
Bandito
NBA Legend

Quote:
I don't take amino acids but only protein and that's the way to go. I don't take anything else and I am close to being where I am. I just need to lose a couple of pounds to be ripped.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #1325
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I don't take amino acids but only protein and that's the way to go. I don't take anything else and I am close to being where I am. I just need to lose a couple of pounds to be ripped.
You sexy
Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #1326
Bandito
NBA Legend

Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #1327
Draz
The People's Choice

You probably look just like that but with a Puerto Rican tank top and snap back
Old 03-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #1328
Bandito
NBA Legend

Quote:
You probably look just like that but with a Puerto Rican tank top and snap back
Not at all.

In Texas people thought I was russian or Ukranian because I was a blond with an accent

What is a snap back?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #1329
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Not at all.

In Texas people thought I was russian or Ukranian because I was a blond with an accent

What is a snap back?
Snap backs are what fitteds used to be. Their hats.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #1330
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Get a room, you two.

Then let me join.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #1331
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Get a room, you two.

Then let me join.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #1332
abuC
Cuba

Been doing hundreds of face pulls and external rotations a week, my shoulders are finally starting to balance out. I went through a short period where the pain subsided last year and I thought they were good so I started lifting really heavy, but once the winter came and the cold weather hit the aches came back.

I haven't really lifted too heavy since I benched 410, but the other day I got up 365 without any trouble. The biggest issue I'm having is my muscle endurance is in the trash, once my shoulders went downhill I just started going to the gym and doing power days, low reps high weight for 4-5 months. So now, I'm hitting like half the reps I used to on bench, rows, pulldowns etc.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #1333
abuC
Cuba

One step forward, 2000 steps back.

Haven't been to the gym in a week, why? Because I'm having a nasty bout with bronchitis that has seen me lose 9lbs in 6 days and it's not water weight since I've been drinking more than a gallon of fluids a day. I've eaten one meal per day since getting sick, usually just half a wrap and some soup.

My strength and endurance will be in the toilet when I get back in the gym, only positive is it's like I did a round of rapid fat loss without really trying The fat is literally just melting off me at this point, but I feel weak as hell and my cough sounds gross.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #1334
JEFFERSON MONEY
NBA All-star

Unplugged from most interwebz, tv and all dat.

Follow no legit program.

Though doing the Incline DB's and the wide grip neck smith machine guillotine press for high reps and lots of time under tension with the mind muscle connection is starting to protrude the pecs. More than anything ever encountered.

For the first time Did the bent over laterals cheating for the delts. Did the overhead triceps extension and lying triceps extension. Shock stimulus?

Follow no diet. Just aiming 3000-4000 calories. Drop it down to 2.5kish with a fat emphasis on rest days. Literally eat 1-2 meals.. splurged at a sushi buffet and just had pilav. Large portions fo course. Very large portions.

In the best shape of my life. Doing hill sprints in the morning too... damn hamstring burn.

And to think I structured that sh!t and tried to get that down to a science. Starting to simplify and apply the pareto principle in everything 80/20.

Meditate at night for 30 minutes too. Perhaps, it's the higher qualtiy sleep. perhaps its the sun. Whatever it is it's working.

Keep up the good work fellas.

Let's all pack at least 7 lbs of lean mass this year.

By the way why are we restricting fitness to simply muscle mass?

Isn't fitness an ORGANISMS ABILITY TO SURVIVE, THRIVE, and PROSPER IN ITS DESIGNATED ENVIRONMENT.

Why don't we add
Finances (life's a jolly river when you're floating as opposed to doing a violent butterfly yeah?)
Mindset (Present and flowing and being thoughtless is the way to be)
Fashion (Peacock's and they feathers; snowshoe hares and their lustry amber coats coming off a winter)
Emotional Health (yall got a pep to your step)

to the mix, since that's also a mark of "fitness."

For starter's if you're in a sh!tty mood I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY advise you learn this ancient Chinese trick to make yourself feel good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7jXd6Qt1DM

What's best is to get into a meditative state and imagine a white light slowly rejuvenating each part of your body. It's cash baby. Kinda hippy sounding but like yoga it's got tangible effects.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 04-14-2014 at 05:42 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #1335
plowking
Verticle?

I'm back to doing my weighted pull ups as often as possible. I notice my endurance on it goes way down if I'm not busting out my weighted ones at least twice a week. 3 sets of 10 with 45lbs. Always feels good being able to do that at the gym considering how tall I am. Always get a lot of looks.

Just finished Smolov for bench a few weeks ago, and I'm happy with the results considering they seem to have stuck around. I left flat bench for last on my chest day recently, just to see how things were, and I was surprised how easily I was able to move 225lbs around after having a taxing day of weighted dips, incline dumbells, weighted push ups, cable crossovers, etc. Really happy with strength recently, although my weight seems to be staying put no matter how many calories I'm eating. Which is rather frustrating.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: