Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #1321
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Anyone try this chest exercise? Been doing it as a 'finisher' for the last month and a half. Lovin it!

First exercise he does in the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iW4pJufGI#t=95
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #1322
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Looking like I'll be in the best shape of my life in just 2-3 more months, the bulk weight is flying off and this will be the lowest weight I've been in years.

Might be adding Colombia to my places to visit list as well.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #1323
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Anybody got any bulking snacks to take mid morning and mid afternoon?

Usually I eat a small yogurt with a PB&J but I'm trying to limit my dairy (morning shake only) and the PB&J just takes all the moisture out of my mouth.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #1324
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Anybody got any bulking snacks to take mid morning and mid afternoon?

Usually I eat a small yogurt with a PB&J but I'm trying to limit my dairy (morning shake only) and the PB&J just takes all the moisture out of my mouth.

Quest bars.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #1325
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i wasnt thinking of using creatine but i bought whey protein and they gave me creatine monoh. as a bonus
im lazy to search in google, any short tips on how when to use it and if there are sideffects(i dont want no diarrhea)
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #1326
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i wasnt thinking of using creatine but i bought whey protein and they gave me creatine monoh. as a bonus
im lazy to search in google, any short tips on how when to use it and if there are sideffects(i dont want no diarrhea)

Supposedly, creatine is one of the few supps that really work. Been contemplating going on a cycle or two (that's what they call it? Sounds like you're taking juice But yeah, it's not) but my ego won't let me coz supposedly it's THAT potent. For those who've tried it here, is it worth it?
NotYetGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #1327
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Supposedly, creatine is one of the few supps that really work. Been contemplating going on a cycle or two (that's what they call it? Sounds like you're taking juice But yeah, it's not) but my ego won't let me coz supposedly it's THAT potent. For those who've tried it here, is it worth it?
if there are any side-effects even minor im definitely not taking it.. and im hearing from a lot of people how once you stop taking it everything you gained goes away.. bro science?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1328
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Seeing as you don't want to google it you'll just have to take my word on it. It's never been found to be harmful in anyway at all.

They will tell you you'll need to load it 4-5 times a day for the first 4-5 days but it's not a necessity, all this achieves it that it's in your system a day or so earlier than if you just took it once a day (but you've also wasted 15-20 servings to get it in your system just a day sooner, probably just want you to get through it quicker and buy more).

Studies show that if you take it pre workout, it's slightly better for strength gain. If you take it post workout that it's slightly better for muscle gain, but the resulting differences were so small it barely mattered.

- Always take it with a carb source of some sort, better absorbed into your system, 3-5g scoop of creatine should do. Any more and your pretty much wasting it.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #1329
oarabbus
NBA lottery pick

oarabbus has decent reputationoarabbus has decent reputation

Quote:
if there are any side-effects even minor im definitely not taking it.. and im hearing from a lot of people how once you stop taking it everything you gained goes away.. bro science?

Yeah, that's broscience. Generally people stop taking creatine if

A. They run out, didn't feel like getting more

B. They stop working out in general

People in "B" are the vocal minority who go around badmouthing creatine, then say their gains disappeared after they stopped taking it. I mean if you go around listening to only the people with problems you'd conclude that a Honda Civic is a garbage, unreliable car.

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

^ do your own research but long story short, creatine has a lot of benefits, very little side effects, and is pretty cheap.

It's not going to work for everyone, particularly those who eat large amounts of red meat and are already near creatine saturation levels. However, I'd recommend it to anyone. You can buy a 15 dollar tub at Walgreens or CVS that'll last you a few months (or if you go online, you can get more for even cheaper).

Last edited by oarabbus : 03-26-2014 at 06:17 PM.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #1330
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Creatine works, but let's be honest, it probably contributes to MAYBE 3-5% of your gains if your lucky and training, nutrition and rest are totally on point.

It stores more water in your muscles, which helps with growth and it has pretty good effects on your strength (still in that 5% or under category). The thing is, within the first 3-4 weeks of taking it, chances are all the new water stored in the muscles can add as much as 4-6 pounds, and those who don't fully understand it think they are gaining pure muscle, which they aren't. Go off it for a month, and you'll notice most of the water weight goes off.

For example:

- Your hypothetically 200 pounds before starting.
- 4 weeks into creatine use you're 206 pounds.
- Go off the creatine and your down to 202 pounds after 2-3 weeks of non use.
- You've gained about 2 lbs of muscle in that time.

It's worth the money for sure, but your nutrition, rest and training have to be nailed first, like I said, it helps, but it's relatively small in the scheme of things. You don't need to cycle it for maximum benefits, but companies do like to sell the concept of loading (like I mentioned earlier, you go through the tub quicker).
Old 03-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #1331
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
Seeing as you don't want to google it you'll just have to take my word on it. It's never been found to be harmful in anyway at all.

They will tell you you'll need to load it 4-5 times a day for the first 4-5 days but it's not a necessity, all this achieves it that it's in your system a day or so earlier than if you just took it once a day (but you've also wasted 15-20 servings to get it in your system just a day sooner, probably just want you to get through it quicker and buy more).

Studies show that if you take it pre workout, it's slightly better for strength gain. If you take it post workout that it's slightly better for muscle gain, but the resulting differences were so small it barely mattered.

- Always take it with a carb source of some sort, better absorbed into your system, 3-5g scoop of creatine should do. Any more and your pretty much wasting it.
so i take one scoop after working out everyday? how much water should i drink?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #1332
Trentknicks
Banned

Quote:
so i take one scoop after working out everyday? how much water should i drink?
Sorry forgot to mention water intake, if you can aim for about 4L a day you should be good, a lot of foods have water in them and apparently you can absorb about 20% of your water intake from food. If you have trouble getting that much down have a big glass in the morning and just sip at it through the day. You get used to it eventually, I drink about 4L a day and truthfully go to the toilet twice generally.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #1333
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Creatine works, but let's be honest, it probably contributes to MAYBE 3-5% of your gains if your lucky and training, nutrition and rest are totally on point.

It stores more water in your muscles, which helps with growth and it has pretty good effects on your strength (still in that 5% or under category). The thing is, within the first 3-4 weeks of taking it, chances are all the new water stored in the muscles can add as much as 4-6 pounds, and those who don't fully understand it think they are gaining pure muscle, which they aren't. Go off it for a month, and you'll notice most of the water weight goes off.

For example:

- Your hypothetically 200 pounds before starting.
- 4 weeks into creatine use you're 206 pounds.
- Go off the creatine and your down to 202 pounds after 2-3 weeks of non use.
- You've gained about 2 lbs of muscle in that time.

It's worth the money for sure, but your nutrition, rest and training have to be nailed first, like I said, it helps, but it's relatively small in the scheme of things. You don't need to cycle it for maximum benefits, but companies do like to sell the concept of loading (like I mentioned earlier, you go through the tub quicker).
Well, no. Creatine works by being a carrier for phosphate that then participates in a reaction that "creates(phosphorylates)" energy molecules in your body. More phosphocreatine, naturally, increases the activity of the reaction pathway of creatine phosphkinase which means adp is being converted to atp at a faster rate. What does this mean? Your muscle has a fresh source of ATP or energy molecule to power the contraction of your muscles. Rapidly available energy increases your ability to do more intense workouts. Creatine actually works. Just talk to your doctor about any allergies, protein intake, and other kidney complications.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #1334
alenleomessi

Quote:
Sorry forgot to mention water intake, if you can aim for about 4L a day you should be good, a lot of foods have water in them and apparently you can absorb about 20% of your water intake from food. If you have trouble getting that much down have a big glass in the morning and just sip at it through the day. You get used to it eventually, I drink about 4L a day and truthfully go to the toilet twice generally.
so i will need to take 4l of water because of 5g creatine?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #1335
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Creatine works but I personally didnt like it. I looked bloated and once I stopped taking it, I lost a few pounds (water weight). Usually people have a loading phase but it isn't necessary.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: