Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #121
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months. He immediately remarked that I was "looking big", and commented on my shoulders. Another time a girl I hadn't seen in a while said I was "looking buff." That shit is a total ego boost.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #122
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He wanted to bang you
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #123
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Ran into someone I hadn't seen in a few months. He immediately remarked that I was "looking big", and commented on my shoulders. Another time a girl I hadn't seen in a while said I was "looking buff." That shit is a total ego boost.

Yeah people who haven't seen me since college (about 3 years) are always blown away when they see me now. Honestly a big part of my motivation to keep going is cuz i enjoy people's reactions. Is it vain and petty? Yeah. But hey whatever I can use as motivation is appreciated i guess
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #124
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Yeah people who haven't seen me since college (about 3 years) are always blown away when they see me now. Honestly a big part of my motivation to keep going is cuz i enjoy people's reactions. Is it vain and petty? Yeah. But hey whatever I can use as motivation is appreciated i guess
absolutely. i would be lying if i said vanity has nothing to do with why I work out so much. but the vanity has a positive result, good health so i see nothing wrong with it.

I used to be skinny, so my nickname is "bony tony". people who haven't known me long always ask why they call me bony cuz i'm anything but. if it's a girl i would just tell them the nickname is referring to between my legs
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #125
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
With the P90X, I decided to drop the Yoga X out of the routine. It's an hour & a half, and I honestly don't have that kind of time to spare, so in it's place, I'm jogging now. I run over a mile every "Yoga X" day. I just go on Mapquest.com & try to find different 1+ mile routes so I don't get bored of the same old thing.
yoga has alot of benefits, maybe just do it for an hour?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #126
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

Same here. It's a little vain but I don't care. When I first started lifting I scoffed at the guys who you'd occasionally catch checking themselves out in the mirrors. Now I'm doing it too. I've always been in good shape I just never cared about bulk. But now I'm getting a lot more looks from the ladies and even guys look at me differently. It's weird, but I like it.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #127
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Same here. It's a little vain but I don't care. When I first started lifting I scoffed at the guys who you'd occasionally catch checking themselves out in the mirrors. Now I'm doing it too. I've always been in good shape I just never cared about bulk. But now I'm getting a lot more looks from the ladies and even guys look at me differently. It's weird, but I like it.
I'm doing that shit too. But I think I keep checking myself in the mirror to see the changes I've made.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #128
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
as long as you don't lift up your shirt to check out your abs....

o shit i've done that....
Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #129
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
as long as you don't lift up your shirt to check out your abs....

o shit i've done that....
I've done that lots of times, my stomach is the last thing changing. I like to make sure I'm still doing good on that.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #130
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

I finally got up to 20 bodyweight pull ups. Seems to be an exercise that the more often you do it in a week, the better you get at it, unlike most of my compound exercises like bench, squat, deadlift, etc.

Think I'll be sticking to strictly weighted pull ups now, and go for more strength. Maybe 5-8 reps.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #131
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ You can actually do that with any movement. Knock out a couple of reps a day without getting tired and eventually it'll become easier. I haven't tried it yet but it makes a lot of sense. As long as you dont break down the muscle and call it "practice," the chances you burn out are much smaller plus you get that benefit of making the movement more efficient. Pavel calls it "greasing the groove."
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #132
Ketchup
boogie like

Ketchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation hereKetchup has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
^ You can actually do that with any movement. Knock out a couple of reps a day without getting tired and eventually it'll become easier. I haven't tried it yet but it makes a lot of sense. As long as you dont break down the muscle and call it "practice," the chances you burn out are much smaller plus you get that benefit of making the movement more efficient. Pavel calls it "greasing the groove."

Well I've been doing pull up variations 3 times a week, and since last week I've been doing weighted ones. Like you said, I don't think I've become stronger or anything, simply learnt how to move more efficiently throughout the movement; simply from practicing it more.

By the way, I know chin-ups, palms facing towards you are meant to be the easiest, but does anyone find the parallel grip the easiest with the palms facing each other?
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #133
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

You guys every try rock climbers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQA1tXakiQ

(go to about 4:00 in, or just watch all of it, this guy has some pretty good videos)
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #134
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
You guys every try rock climbers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQA1tXakiQ

(go to about 4:00 in, or just watch all of it, this guy has some pretty good videos)

My sister's bf was the No. 2 ranked rock climber in the country for his age-group at one point. He is absolutely ripped up, and ridiculously strong. Rock climbing in a gym or outdoors also seems like a lot of fun and very challenging. I want to try it.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #135
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
I finally got up to 20 bodyweight pull ups. Seems to be an exercise that the more often you do it in a week, the better you get at it, unlike most of my compound exercises like bench, squat, deadlift, etc.

Think I'll be sticking to strictly weighted pull ups now, and go for more strength. Maybe 5-8 reps.
yes. works well with pull ups, sit ups, etc etc too
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: