Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Need Some Info On These Prospects.

I'm not somebody who watches college ball (once in a while) and wanted some opinions on these guys.

Terrance Ross, Terrance Jones, Royce White and Quincy Miller. I'm hoping Clippers trade a future pick to get into the range these guys are projected at (16-27). We need a big SG or a SF. I thought Quincy Miller early in the year was considered a lottery pick? How did he fall?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Grinder

Default Re: Need Some Info On These Prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'm not somebody who watches college ball (once in a while) and wanted some opinions on these guys.

Terrance Ross, Terrance Jones, Royce White and Quincy Miller. I'm hoping Clippers trade a future pick to get into the range these guys are projected at (16-27). We need a big SG or a SF. I thought Quincy Miller early in the year was considered a lottery pick? How did he fall?

Quincy Miller has the highest upside but could just as well be a role player. He's 6'9" and can play both forward spots...good athleticism and a complete offensive skill set. He's pretty weak and can drift through games. If he can add strength and consistency, he'll be a star in the league.

Terrence Ross - A prototypical NBA wing. Doesn't have great ball handling skills but he can shoot and drive effectively. Could be a 18-20 point scorer within 4-5 years.

Terrence Jones - Intriguing because he's strong athletic, can fill up the stat sheet, and has great size for both the 3 and 4. Reminds me a bit of Al Harrington/Tim Thomas (better defensive potential) including the concerns about attitude.

Royce White - Major off court red flags but he's another Boris Diaw. Lots of talent and a great feel for the game.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Thanks for responding despite our differences. So basically all of them are pretty good wing prospects who if they work out the kinks can be good starters? I wonder if Clippers will try to trade into the 15-30 range these guys will be in. Bledsoe is too valuable to trade for them.. but wonder if a team will want Mo Williams, Nick Young or future pick for it.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
senelcoolidge
College star

This is a deep draft. There will be good players available in the second round. The Clippers have a late 2nd round pick. What would you say are the needs for the team? A big, a wing, a big guard..etc.
A guy not talked about much but I feel could be a steal is Kyle O'Quinn. 6'10" center. Good character guy which Olshey likes. 7'5" wing span shot blocker. Very good rebounder. Could hit the college 3, so he has range. Also a decent passer. Only thing is he played for a weak conference for Norfolk State.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Thanks for responding despite our differences. So basically all of them are pretty good wing prospects who if they work out the kinks can be good starters? I wonder if Clippers will try to trade into the 15-30 range these guys will be in. Bledsoe is too valuable to trade for them.. but wonder if a team will want Mo Williams, Nick Young or future pick for it.

More than likely none of those guys are going to ever be #1 options or even #2 options on a legit playoff team, so I'm not real sure if trading up for them would be worth it unless you didn't have to lose much. Bledsoe would be your best chance, but I don't think he's worth losing to trade up and get any of those guys.

If any of them do, it'll probably be Miller who has the most upside of that group, or Jones if the mental problems don't get in the way, or Ross. And even then, I feel like that's a stretch. I like Jones as a player, quite a bit, but there were times he'd zone out of a game and be a complete non-factor. I don't know if it's just a matter of being a bit immature, or what.

I believe there was some Kevin Durant comparisons being thrown out about Miller coming out of high school, but that may have been a stretch, obviously. He didn't have a bad freshman year, but it may not have been what fans were expecting. Still, the potential is definitely there.

I like Royce White's game a lot. Like Grinder, I think he's a Boris Diaw type player who can maybe even handle point-forward duties. I was really impressed with his natural feel for the game the four or five times I saw him play. There are holes in his game but he's still a pretty complete player.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

I was so wrong about Quincy Miller. I thought he was going to tear it up at Baylor. Watched whatever HS tape\articles I could find about him before the season started. Had nowhere near the scoring ability, figured he'd be a better shooter at the college level too.

I'll still hold out hope but the Kevin Durant comparisons sure have left
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
senelcoolidge
College star

Other guys that I think could be good fits for the Clippers are Orlando Johnson..he's a guard that likes to take it to the basket and can shoot. He's got size. Hollis Thompson is a 3 that can score outside and inside. Not a good rebounder though.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

There's a thread on Royce White. The off court issues are a problem because they stem from serious Anxiety Disorder. His skill set is really impressive, but between that (right now the guy is petrified of flying), and the fact that he seems to fluctuate conditioning wise, I'm a little leary of him. Although if you get him late and turn him around he could be a very legit starting PF.

The other one I like is Terrance Jones. Who I see as a genuine floor stretch four. He could play a little SF, but I like him more stretching the floor as a PF with his shooting and ball handling, but he's a plus shot blocker and can really move his feet. Tim Thomas with a defensive mindset isn't a bad comp. He's a much better player than Dante Green but in the same mold.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: