Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: When did you start watching basketball?

vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1991. We only got 1 game on a Saturday back then, plus that NBA highlights show NBA Action.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
1991. We only got 1 game on a Saturday back then, plus that NBA highlights show NBA Action.

I am pretty sure that still shows on NBATV.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

98 season, liked Ewing and the PP and tione duo
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
I am pretty sure that still shows on NBATV.
Googled, it was on NBA TV, but it's on NBC Sports now.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Crazy how tough it was at times to catch legitimate NBA highlights back then. Sportscenter was great, assuming you could catch it (I used to watch it before school every morning. . .back when its premise was merely to show highlights from games - not spend 45 minutes of every hour talking). But if for some reason Sportscenter didn't provide what you needed, say if your team got the score-only treatment, you were pretty much screwed.

As such, NBA Inside Stuff, NBA Action, and Headline News at the 21 and 51 minute of every hour were crucial to my existence. Plus, Sportscenter often didn't show very traditionally on the weekend. Saturday mornings would have hunting for most of the time slots and Sunday would have a weird Sportscenter derivative stuffed between Sports Reporters and other talking programs.

Crazy how easy its become to find what we're looking for.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

I'm 20 right now and like someone else said, my family too watched NBA basketball, so I guess I've been watching all my life..my mom tells me I used to wish I looked like Reggie Miller.

My earliest memory of watching NBA basketball is the Spurs and Pistons in the 2005 finals. From then I don't recall anything up until 2006 when I turned to ESPN and saw that Kobe had scored 81..i was only a Kobe fan at that point. From then I don't recall anything up until the 2008 season which is probably when I became a legit fan.
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #23
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool

Oct - Nov. of 1986, 10 years old. Bulls games on WGN.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputationwakencdukest has decent reputation

1979. Up till then I just watched Laker games with my dad, but wasn't really in to it. When Magic arrived I became hooked!
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
When did you start watching basketball?

I wanna say around '84 or so, but my full "Understanding Of The Game" (what's a pick and roll, screen and roll, box-out, etc) didn't really kick in until the 89 season. Big shout outs to Chick and Stu in L.A., as well as Hubie Brown, who never acted "in awe" of any players, but would just give you a straight "Xs and Os" understanding of the game.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Such as to understand it...around '87-'88.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Game 6, Heat @ Pacers 2012 East Semifinals.

Been a fan ever since!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

1988 sporadically, 1990 casually, 1994 I followed the reg seasons, 1996 HAM
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #29
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
my mom tells me I used to wish I looked like Reggie Miller.
This sentence cracked me up. Just constructing that situation in my head. . .is ludicrous.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
NYballin
High School Starter

NYballin is considered somewhat coolNYballin is considered somewhat cool

started watching basketball when i was 8 or 9. my mom got me into it. Been a knicks fan ever since, and im 22 now.
NYballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: