Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: When did you start watching basketball?

I guess I started watching during the Bulls 2nd repeat the most. Then it carried on, but it's not like I saw every game. We only had cable with like 10 channels. We got WGN however, thank god. I watched nearly every Bulls game with my Dad. I seriously started watching basketball in 2003. I couldn't miss a game. Now, I'm watching every game I can possibly watch. My addiction has grown throughout my life so far.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
Upgrayedd
Local High School Star

Upgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryUpgrayedd posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I think honestly it was the shoes that got me into it. Once I saw those Air Jordan commercials I loved them. I've always loved basketball shoes. Plus my dad was huge into sports and I watched with him during the first 3 peat. I watched on and off when Jordan retired (the first time). My parents signed me up to play league basketball when I was a kid and I got a basketball hoop for my driveway for my 9th birthday in '93 along with my first pair of Air Jordan's.

Actually it's weird. I forget how much I was into it in the '90s. I remember hating the Magic when they eliminated the Bulls in '95 so I watched the NBA finals that year and was cheering like crazy when the Rockets swept them. I can still remember watching the end of game 4, I was 10 or 11 at the time and I remember one of the fans in Houston holding up a sign that read "Hey Orlando, watch our Rockets make your Magic disappear" and the word "disappear" was kind of faded out. I loved it. I remember buying my first jersey that year. My dad actually got it for me... the #45 Jordan jersey. I still have it and it still fits (good thing back then we used to wear baggy clothes). I also remember playing NBA Jam. I remember waiting in line to get Steve Kerr's autograph when tickets went on sale for the '96/'97 season.

Like I said then in middle school from the 95/96 season to the 97/98 season my entire wardrobe was pretty much Bulls. I had the Jordan shoes, I remember even buying Dennis Rodman's Converse shoes. I had jerseys, the Michael Jordan cologne, the Bulls shoot around shirt. Collecting cards (mostly Jordan's) was huge in 6th grade around here.

I stopped watching when I started high school in '98/'99 due to Jordan retiring. I just got out of all sports for some reason for most of high school. I watched Jordan return in 2001 and the playoffs in 2002 and got back into it along with having NBA TV that summer and watching old games. By the 2002/2003 season I was huge into it watching the entire league not just the Bulls. I remember getting interested in buying Jordan's again and for Christmas '02 I got a replica white Jordan Wizards jersey and an Allen Iverson football themed jersey and I've been watching it full time ever since.

Last edited by Upgrayedd : 05-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #33
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has no real reputation yet.

I probably became a really hardcore fan around '93.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #34
Matty2Cool
Tip Drill

Matty2Cool has an OK reputation so far

as far back as i could remember..like '92ish, they use to have blackouts for playoffs games back then and you had to ppv a spurs game to watch. Terry Cummings ftw
Matty2Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #35
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #36
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #37
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here

1989 onwards
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #38
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

since 96.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #39
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I guess I started watching during the Bulls 2nd repeat the most. Then it carried on, but it's not like I saw every game. We only had cable with like 10 channels. We got WGN however, thank god. I watched nearly every Bulls game with my Dad. I seriously started watching basketball in 2003. I couldn't miss a game. Now, I'm watching every game I can possibly watch. My addiction has grown throughout my life so far.
I had like 60 channels and WGN was

My mom and I used to watch Jordan ball so hard
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #40
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

First got hooked on it thanks to MJ's marketing appeal and Larry Johnson's grandmama converse shoe commercials. That was fall of 1991.

Bunch of people at my school had the Jordan 6 (OG) and the Bulls had just won their first title earlier in the spring of 91.

I became a huge fan of the Suns and Sonics during the 90s but could only watch the former in local TV and the latter on NBA on NBC. The teams that got a lot of press was the Bulls and Knicks rivalry. MJ retired in 93 but I still continued watching and when he came back in 95 I was hooked on MJ's progress until he retired after the 98 season. The Lockout of 98 kept me off of the NBA and basketball until 2005.

Spurs wont their title that year and on and off again I was fan. I did watch the Sonics a lot. Then when the Sonics were on the brink of leaving I tried to keep up with their off court drama but too late as I knew as a fan there was nothing I could do keep them in Seattle.

Tough to see the Thunder win when they should've been in Seattle this whole time.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

97/98 but I was on and off for a few years.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #42
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

1964 at age 6. Dad and especially my uncles were basketball fiends; a couple high school coaches in the group, one who had played D1 ball. By the time I was eight I could ID zones vs man and watched as they broke down game film of opponents. As a group we'd see no fewer than 40-50 live high school/college/pro games from near courtside a season.

It was a great childhood.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
I've been in a basketball family and have watched basketball since I was born, but the last season I can really remember very clearly and have been following was the 2002-2003 season, when we had Lamar and D-Wade for the first time and made the second round of the playoffs and almost upset the top-seeded Pacers (sort of funny looking back on it considering the series they just had).
That's interesting and all, but we didn't have Lamar and Wade till 2003-2004.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #44
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I remember watching the Orlando/Houston Finals in 95 Finals. I guess I was 7 at the time, but got really hooked for some reason. I started claiming Orlando as my favorite team until my aunt bought me a Larry Bird book and a Dee Brown jersey that Christmas. Still have both, and haven't stopped bleeding green since.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: