Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Michael Jordan vs Manu Ginobili. Who is the better passer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYo9ba-_OU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GXm_OK9nOg
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
gtfomyface
High School JV MVP

gtfomyface has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Jordan vs Manu Ginobili. Who is the better passer?

manu

contrary to popular belief, mj isn't the god of everything, just a good scorer
gtfomyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Miserio
I dunk on kids

Miserio has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfomyface
manu

Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

This thread gave me a good laugh.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Off the top of my head....leaving room for someone I forgot...

There is no 2 guard ive seen in the last 25 years who is a flat out better passer than Manu.

Wanna call Penny a 2 who played the point because they had 2 more swingmen who needed burn? Ok.

Penny was better.

I cant think of another one though.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfomyface
manu

To categorize Jordan as "just a good scorer" as pretty silly and rather disingenuous. You, I, and everyone else knows he was far more than that. Jordan's great passing ability was evidenced when he was moved over to the point guard position in 1989 when the Bulls were struggling in the early season. As a result, he changed the complexion of the offense and changed the prospects of the Bulls regular season. He routinely put up triple doubles and did a fantastic job of getting his teammates involved, the Bulls played above their heads and advanced to game 6 of the ECF's. Jordan also displayed fine passing ability in the 91' finals when he put on a passing clinic throughout the series and averaged over 10 assists over the 5 games. In my opinion his passing is the one aspect of his game that continues to be underrated, to this very day. While Manu is a fantastic passer, I think Jordan has a very good case as a better passer, nonetheless both fantastically talented passers.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Scottie Pippen
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
gtfomyface
High School JV MVP

gtfomyface has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
To categorize Jordan as "just a good scorer" as pretty silly and rather disingenuous. You, I, and everyone else knows he was far more than that. Jordan's great passing ability was evidenced when he was moved over to the point guard position in 1989 when the Bulls were struggling in the early season. As a result, he changed the complexion of the offense and changed the prospects of the Bulls regular season. He routinely put up triple doubles and did a fantastic job of getting his teammates involved, the Bulls played above their heads and advanced to game 6 of the ECF's. Jordan also displayed fine passing ability in the 91' finals when he put on a passing clinic throughout the series and averaged over 10 assists over the 5 games. In my opinion his passing is the one aspect of his game that continues to be underrated, to this very day. While Manu is a fantastic passer, I think Jordan has a very good case as a better passer, nonetheless both fantastically talented passers.

not biased at all
gtfomyface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: