Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #226
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUP
I wonder if this is worthy at all, big announcement 11AM ET/8AM PT

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/235553313188376576

*drops $50 on table saying its not big news*
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #227
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208250696766722048

. I may skip the all star pack.. unless reviews claim it's amazing.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #228
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Rake, do you know if that dude DaWolf going to gamescon this year?
I haven't looked too closely, but I thought I read he was. It's this week, yeah?
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #229
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #230
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?
Personally, if this is in fact the announcement today, I'd be quite excited indeed. From there, my logic tells me they'd have to have some sort of realistic competition for them (meaning some of their actual competition from that time or other Dream Teams). If it's just the Dream Team on their own, it'd still be cool, but my excitement would be tapered, for I'm a fan of at least semi-realism, and running those guys against, say, the 2013 Pacers wouldn't be particularly exciting for me.

And yes, where is Scottie?

Edit: It seems to have been confirmed. NBA 2K13 will feature the Dream Team and 2012 Team. I haven't heard any details beyond that though.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 08-15-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #231
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Barkley!

has there been any discussion about the real-time physics? I've heard bits and pieces, but I'd like to see some clips
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #232
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #233
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.

from my understanding it has to do with licensing specifically for the Olympics team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
He will not, however, appear on any other team in the game. When asked if that was because Barkley only agreed to an appearance for USA Basketball, or if the game was not returning or adding to its "NBA's Greatest" suite of classic games, Argent demurred. "We're going to talk a bit more about that as we start making more announcements," Argent said, "but Charles will just appear on that 1992 team."

source
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #234
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
i've hated it in every game it's been on. always loved association, a mode i don't think 2k gives quite enough love.

My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #235
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.
Download some sim rosters from OS.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #236
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol PC gamers have had this already. All we're really getting is some new jersey textures, cyberfaces and 2 new jerseys?

2K hype machine does it again
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #237
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

They're releasing another developer insight video in the next couple of days (probably Friday). That's when we get the good info.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #238
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

They gonna over-exaggerate old people again. I remember Larry Bird with the most hot spots in the game.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #239
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I had the opportunity to play an early build of NBA 2K13 for 2 hours today. My impressions are based on the demo code for Gamescom (5 minute quarter, Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder, limited options/couldnít even call for a pick). I also received a demonstration from one of the games Producers at the 2K Business Area, as they showed the demo and a game between the Dream Team and the 2012 Olympic team.

NBA 2K13 feels a lot like NBA 2K12, with a lot of positives and one major negative. Let me go through everything one by one.

Defensive movement: No more sliding, warping and magical defense. If you are beaten by a player you have no chance to recover. That also means that you canít recover from an opponentís fast break, if you are not running back at the same speed than the offensive player. I canít comment on the speed issue at the moment but fast breaks seemed pretty much the same to me as in NBA 2K12. But defensive movement and momentum were really the high points of the game for me today.

On Ball Defense: There are a lot of new animations, as seen in the latest trailer, with two players bumping into each other. But it all felt natural. Overall defense has been vastly improved. I also saw a great block on the perimeter by Lewis, that knocked the ball out of bounds. The blocks under the rim werenít that great looking, but none of the awkward looking ones with the elbow, etc. as seen in NBA 2K12.

Double teams: Yes, I saw the CPU double team Bosh in the post Ė I donít know about double teaming when a player is hot.

Graphics: I saw a slight improvement in the player models Ė but nothing spectacular at this stage, of course. Coaches looked better as well. I noticed some of the dunk animations are now a little faster than last year, which is a good thing, as I really didnít like a lot of the slow dunk animations in 2K12. Now they animate more like NBA 2K8, if you can recall that game.

Collision system: Extremely improved over 2K12, with tons of animations when driving to the basket with full or slight body contact. Imagine the system in NBA 2K2 but with much more variety and outcomes. Is it better than the system with two player animations in 2K11? Hmm tough one Ė sometimes I had the feeling that once youíre in a dunk animation, at a certain point, there is no way the opponent will change the shot. I saw one instance where LeBron took off and the defensive player was just pushed to the side by the animation. I really canít say if the system was real time physics based, because I saw some contact animations twice Ė but overall massive improvement. Right now I would say 2K11 still got the edge on this one but weīll see just how varied it is when we get to play more.

Right Stick Dribble System: Well I donít want to write much about this because I really didnít like it. Not because it was badly implemented Ė but because Iīm not a fan of the right stick dribble at all. I kind of knew that before. Iím sure you will like it.

Ok lets get to my one major complaint: Jump Shots. If you have no problem with them in 2K12 youīre fine. But I had. Big time. And itís not fixed. What I am talking about is the disconnection I feel with the releases of the jump shots in 2K12 and now seen in 2K13. The release window is so small that there is none of that ďjumping up and releasing the ball at the highest point of your jumpĒ Ė it is like there is a quick animation playing out for the jump shot and I have no control over the release whatsoever. Itís hard to explain, I just donít feel like Iím the one shooting the J. Itís best explained if you go to NBA 2K8 and take a shot with e.g. Carmelo Anthony or in 2K7 with Kobe. Smooth animation Ė high release point which is triggered not by an animation but by the release of the button. I was sad that it was not addressed. Also in 2K12 your player has a totally different jumper behind the three point line than usual, which is still in there, sadly.

Similarities to 2K12: 2K13 feels like 2K12 in a lot of ways. The movement is a bit smoother (especially on defense), the rim physics havenít change a bit (which was a disappointment to me), passing wasnít vastly different (to me..), jump shots (as mentioned), floor spacing, pre-game presentation and even the camera angle on tip-off. All areas looked like 2K12 to me.

Random stuff:

When the shot clock is running down and there is less than a second to play your player will automatically throw up a quick shot with one arm. Mine went in with Ray Allen.
Off the ball fouls and over the backs are now more visible through collision animations.
Dunks in traffic tend to not go in (when a foul is involved). Saw a couple of instances where the dunker would just throw it at the rim.
Manual bounce pass Ė gotta love it.
Ball feels a bit more loose this year.
Dribble too much with the right stick and you will lose the ball.
Post game seemed to be expended on as well.
When you shoot a contested jump shot, your player will kick out his leg Ė nice addition.
On replays your player is colored whereas all the other players are black and white Ė looked weird.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Itís a pretty polished game with the issues from 2K12 mainly addressed. Iíll give high points for the defensive movement and collision system.

http://www.operationsports.com/previ...from-gamescom/
Old 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #240
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

KDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKDTrey5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bullshit news. i already have the 92 dreamteam, boring.
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: