Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #316
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
One can only assume that the active posters in this thread are going to be getting this game the day it comes out.... so the whole pre-order/ASG deal shouldn't really be an issue. If we're gonna buy it on the release date, why not pre-order (usually $5) and guarantee the extra content?

Yup. I put 5 bucks down that's all.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #317
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For anyone interested, Pippen is now in the game with the Dream Team, just seen a picture on Twitter.

Would post it here, but it's a large image, would mess up the forum page.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #318
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
For anyone interested, Pippen is now in the game with the Dream Team, just seen a picture on Twitter.

Would post it here, but it's a large image, would mess up the forum page.

Yeah I just saw it on OperationSports.

I figured they'd get him in the game eventually.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #319
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The preorder is not a code, it's in the box. If you get a copy the first day you're guaranteed to get the content.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #320
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
One can only assume that the active posters in this thread are going to be getting this game the day it comes out.... so the whole pre-order/ASG deal shouldn't really be an issue. If we're gonna buy it on the release date, why not pre-order (usually $5) and guarantee the extra content?

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The preorder is not a code, it's in the box. If you get a copy the first day you're guaranteed to get the content.

They've stopped giving out sheets for preorder codes and have just left them in the box. Same thing with 2K12.

I can't bring myself to buy this game opening day, no matter how promising it looks. If I don't get some guitar hero dunk contest or canned blacktop 3 point contest because of it, who cares
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #321
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
They've stopped giving out sheets for preorder codes and have just left them in the box. Same thing with 2K12.
I apologize, but I do not understand. What do you mean they've left them in the box? What box? And whom? For 2K12, my Warriors and Kings code came on a sheet inside the game box.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #322
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I apologize, but I do not understand. What do you mean they've left them in the box? What box? And whom? For 2K12, my Warriors and Kings code came on a sheet inside the game box.

This is what I meant.

Pre-order codes used to be available as separate pieces of paper that weren't located inside your game boxes. So you could preorder the game, get the DLC codes and then cancel your order.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #323
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i never used the warriors/kings code. its still there but im assuming it expired or something by now?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #324
Fiasco
latsis4ever™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
i never used the warriors/kings code. its still there but im assuming it expired or something by now?

I think the codes are good forever. Might as well try and use it, since it's a nonrefundable deal kinda thing.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #325
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can see why they would make it a DLC if you dont preorder because of how much content it is. I can also see why they wouldnt make it a DLC because they've made pre order download available to those who didnt preorder. Only awhile later down the road (GSW/Sac). With the way 2k is goin and they know they are cornering the bball market going DLC is what games generally end up doing anyway. All the games I've played operated this way.

If you dont preorder and buy it on release day you're not too bright. While preorders can be good for 5 days I can see someone waiting 2-3 days to play it over a friends house or rent it then deciding whether to buy.

I'm pre ordering not only becuase of new content but I get a $20 gift certificate from Best Buy if I do. Works for me bigtime. Anyone who is a Best Buy rewards zone member there are games if you preorder you get $20.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #326
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I won't preorder but i'll probably get Toys R Us first day, im sure they give $10 off. Plus that leaves me the option if im in chinatown the friday before release they might have it and i can get it early.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #327
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I forgot about those release day sales some stores have.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #328
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll most likely just torrent it. Then if it's good (and we have sliders in My Player) then I'll buy it.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #329
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
This is what I meant.

Pre-order codes used to be available as separate pieces of paper that weren't located inside your game boxes. So you could preorder the game, get the DLC codes and then cancel your order.
Oh word. Sorry for being dense, ha.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #330
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A.I. is going to be in 2K13

http://www.operationsports.com/media/956/nba-2k13/
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: