Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #571
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive has decent reputationOverdrive has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Will they provide the AS-weekend as a DLC later on?
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #572
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Will they provide the AS-weekend as a DLC later on?
No word on that front. I personally feel very confident that it will be. I'm not sure, but I think I've read a few articles where it said 2K reps "stayed mum" on the topic of whether it'll eventually be DLC or not. I feel like if it weren't going to be DLC, they would have just flat out said, "Nope, the only chance is via pre-order."

Either way, I think it's kind of been a lame strategy. They tried to paint the All-Star Weekend as "a gift to consumers" but instead, it's felt more like an ultimatum, holding the ASW over our head so we'll pre-order while not divulging if there'd ever be another way of acquiring it.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #573
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I saw a video with all the ratings and it looks like the rosters are once again extremely incomplete. Every foreign player that signed in the NBA this summer (Shved, Teletovic, etc.) aren't in the game, Matt Barnes and McRoberts are on the Lakers, etc. Makes me wish I hadn't preordered this shit, I hate an incomplete product.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #574
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I saw a video with all the ratings and it looks like the rosters are once again extremely incomplete. Every foreign player that signed in the NBA this summer (Shved, Teletovic, etc.) aren't in the game, Matt Barnes and McRoberts are on the Lakers, etc. Makes me wish I hadn't preordered this shit, I hate an incomplete product.
calm down... all you saw is a video. its really easy for them to change things like that on the fly with updates.

but no, i'm sure that matt barnes and mcroberts will be on the lakers all season long.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #575
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
No word on that front. I personally feel very confident that it will be. I'm not sure, but I think I've read a few articles where it said 2K reps "stayed mum" on the topic of whether it'll eventually be DLC or not. I feel like if it weren't going to be DLC, they would have just flat out said, "Nope, the only chance is via pre-order."

Either way, I think it's kind of been a lame strategy. They tried to paint the All-Star Weekend as "a gift to consumers" but instead, it's felt more like an ultimatum, holding the ASW over our head so we'll pre-order while not divulging if there'd ever be another way of acquiring it.

Really. I could see if it were some kind of game mode that 2K invented and they wanted to charge you for it, but it's freaking All Star Weekend, an official NBA event. But it's just on disc DLC. That's why they didn't put it on the PC version of the game. Not only do PC players always get shafted by 2K, but PC players could just unlock the DLC without having to pay extra for it.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #576
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
calm down... all you saw is a video. its really easy for them to change things like that on the fly with updates.

but no, i'm sure that matt barnes and mcroberts will be on the lakers all season long.

Where did I say that Barnes and McRoberts will be on the Lakers all season, or anything close to that for that matter?

Sure, they can add the players in later and they'll probably end up being generic CAPs. Most of the foreign guys signed months ago so there's no reason for them not being in the game at launch. The video is from a guy that already has the game.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #577
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Where did I say that Barnes and McRoberts will be on the Lakers all season, or anything close to that for that matter?

Sure, they can add the players in later and they'll probably end up being generic CAPs. Most of the foreign guys signed months ago so there's no reason for them not being in the game at launch. The video is from a guy that already has the game.
Dude, they'll probably be on the launch day roster update.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #578
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

That dribble stick, or whatever it's called, will be the death of me.

I know you can change it in the full game... I just feel so useless using it right now. How do you jab step with the new controls?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #579
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I know you can change it in the full game... I just feel so useless using it right now. How do you jab step with the new controls?
I believe jab step is using the right stick without a dribble.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #580
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IGN nba 2k13 review for those interested:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/nba-2k13-review

they gave it a 9.1
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #581
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

IGN's Video Review: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/27...3-video-review
Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #582
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty sweet that they finally got barkley in the game
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #583
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I agree, it's taking me a bit to adjust. I might just change it back when I buy the game.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #584
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it takes a while to adjust but once you do the controls feel so much better than any sports game ever have.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #585
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Yea... for sure. Controls hard to get down but definitely much more versatile. I love how they finally stole the dribble stick idea from the dead NBA Live because I always loved crossing players over that way on the old Live games.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: