Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #706
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Can you switch the controls back to last year's controls? I don't have that much time to play in general, if there's a learning curve to get up and going i'll probably wait awhile before getting it as i won't have time for it anyway.
Nope, you can only play with their set up, I went in the menu and it didn't give me any different control lay outs. Making X+A and A+B important actions and adding bounce passing basically killed any customization options.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #707
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't mind skewed ratings, because players don't often behave like their numbers overall. The individual numbers (for different qualities) as long as those make the player play like his nba self, that's ok.

A guy like Dirk is understandable at 85 or whatever, but there's a lot of holes in the ratings system. I think it will be better after an update/patch, but it's ridiculous.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #708
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I might skip this year, i didn't find that much of the changes that compelling, and i liked the unlockable teams and scenarios which seems to be removed. Why is there no legends mode? That was fun.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #709
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Would you guys like a separate My Career stickied thread like last year?
Yeah
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #710
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/09/25...2k13s-controls

Saw this on the controls.

Are the new controls intuitive? Or is it a fighting game like "memorize moves" learning curve? The list is daunting.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #711
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/09/25...2k13s-controls

Saw this on the controls.

Are the new controls intuitive? Or is it a fighting game like "memorize moves" learning curve? The list is daunting.

It's intuitive bro. I'm slowly memorizing it all.

I love bounce passing and incorporating euro-steps into my game.

I made sure to learn how to do the easiest version of shots and split it up by using the Square button and shot stick. It's too daunting to learn all styles of shots with only one method of shooting.

You'll get used to it. The game is amazing, just get it.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #712
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2k is really bad at ratings, that's one thing that is hard to ignore.

one thing that was good is i simulated thru 1 season of assoc and there were very few trades (like only 2) and then the offseason most teams weren't extremely different. although only 1 new setting on assoc saddens me. as a mode it has so much more deep potential than my player and i find it so much better. i really hope they put lots of emphasis on it in 2k14.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #713
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
It's intuitive bro. I'm slowly memorizing it all.

I love bounce passing and incorporating euro-steps into my game.

I made sure to learn how to do the easiest version of shots and split it up by using the Square button and shot stick. It's too daunting to learn all styles of shots with only one method of shooting.

You'll get used to it. The game is amazing, just get it.
Is it that much better that 2K12? i can get it later when i go out, you are kind of selling me on it.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #714
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Is it that much better that 2K12? i can get it later when i go out, you are kind of selling me on it.

I can say that buying and playing 2K13 left me more satisfied than when I bought 2K12 and 2K11. For me it feels improved. I played a game against a buddy online and it wasn't a 40% shooting struggle. Things felt smoother and we were both at around 48-52% shooting. It just felt funner.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #715
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Portland interviewed me, a 6'3" Scoring PG... I wanted to play with LMA and what not so I answered nicely. They picked up Lillard with the 6th pick, and me with the 11th pick. Two point guards?!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #716
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Portland interviewed me, a 6'3" Scoring PG... I wanted to play with LMA and what not so I answered nicely. They picked up Lillard with the 6th pick, and me with the 11th pick. Two point guards?!
Minnesota does that every year, not so strange.

Hey question, how does one alley oop? I like alley oops to Chandler on the backdoor cut.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #717
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Minnesota does that every year, not so strange.

Hey question, how does one alley oop? I like alley oops to Chandler on the backdoor cut.

PS3: Square + X
Xbox: X + A
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #718
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

How are the intros? What is the Knicks intro?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #719
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Even if you got picked at #6, Lillard would still be a Blazer anyway. This is the same as the previous 2K games.

So F.E, if you get picked #1, Anthony Davis will still be a Hornet alongside you.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #720
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Even if you got picked at #6, Lillard would still be a Blazer anyway. This is the same as the previous 2K games.

So F.E, if you get picked #1, Anthony Davis will still be a Hornet alongside you.

Yep, I was drafted 21st and Sullinger was still on the C's.

I hate these menus.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: