Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster
Default How Long Before Billy King Is Fired?

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How Long Before Billy King Is Fired?

Even if he got fired, Nets are pretty screwed for the reason you basically outlined: they got nothing for all the assets they traded.

Their future is bleak due to blatant mismanagement. But so is the unfortunate stories of many NBA teams.
Pushxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Good enjoy it suckers. I hope the Brooklyn Nets wallow in mediocrity for years to come. Destroy it Billy...destroy it.
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Even if he got fired, Nets are pretty screwed for the reason you basically outlined: they got nothing for all the assets they traded.

Their future is bleak due to blatant mismanagement. But so is the unfortunate stories of many NBA teams.

Exactly.

I mean, seriously, how the hell do you just give away Derrick Favors + picks, then a pick w/ only TOP 3 PROTECTION on it for Crash?

"Oh Otis was "gonna do the trade w/ Crash in it so let's get him."

Harris/ Brooks aka Kobe 2.0/ this years draft pick/ Favors/ Lopez
shoulda been that team moving to Brooklyn, not the shit show they'll have next season.

That's what they get for screwin' over NJ.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:42 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wallace trade made no sense. If they really wanted him, they could have got him in FA. The though they could trade him with assets for HOward made sense if they had assets, which they gave up with the pick. Seriously, Howard may go up for auction and all of a sudden the Nets offer is a bunch of RFA that you:d need to overpay to get, and no picks.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They should never fire him. They must suffer for life for making the stupid decision to hire him in the first place.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

King has one of the best draft histories I've seen from a GM. Always found guys in the late 1st/2nd round that were good players, including Brooks this year. But he sucks as a GM when it comes to trades and finances.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

next season lineup

Farmar
Brooks
Green
Shelden
Lopez

QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
Good enjoy it suckers. I hope the Brooklyn Nets wallow in mediocrity for years to come. Destroy it Billy...destroy it.

lol butthurt Knicks fans, still remember how we swept your ass in 2004?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #10
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

I'm glad. That Russian dude thinks he could build a championship caliber team with just a bunch of money and a big market city.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
I'm glad. That Russian dude thinks he could build a championship caliber team with just a bunch of money and a big market city.

I know right.......what team would pin all their hope on a bunch of money and a big market.......morons..

Wait a second.......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

billy king would be the fall guy but nothing was done without Prok for sure.

I definitely think Crash was probably in the Orlando trade.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Your assessment of Billy is correct, but I disagree with what you say about Prok. For the most part Prok has been the best owner this franchise has ever seen. Regardless of hiring mistakes--though Avery wasn't a terrible mistake--he has given this franchise a lot. We'd probably still be stuck in Continental Airlines if he never came in.

As for Billy, he's been horrible. I think the Deron move was ok, but he sequentially made moves that didn't make sense, outside of trading for Marshon. He's been too risky in his moves since. He's the kind of person that would bet his entire fortune on 00 in roulette. Also I hate his tendency to make everything the Nets are doing public. When Rod was around, I didn't know anything would happen until after it happened. It's unfortunate that Billy allows shit to be leaked to the media and we often play the role of the loser. That team we fielded for our last day in Jersey? Absolutely pathetic. I'll forever hate Billy for that.

Overall, it is what it is. I don't expect anything out of this team in the future. But realistically, now that they're out of Jersey, I may consider just not having a team to be a fan of in general. Or just give up on the NBA. It's an all-time low for me for how many games I've watched this season.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.

Billy King is just doing what the owner wants him to do.
He's basically a puppet.
That Wallace trade is just horrible, unless the Nets massively overpay him to keep him - say 4 years, 48 million.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
billy king would be the fall guy but nothing was done without Prok for sure.

I definitely think Crash was probably in the Orlando trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Billy King is just doing what the owner wants him to do.
He's basically a puppet.
That Wallace trade is just horrible, unless the Nets massively overpay him to keep him - say 4 years, 48 million.

Considering that time Prok was trying to run for President of Russia at the time and most of this season, I really don't think Prok was involved in a lot of what Billy was doing.

Last edited by wang4three : 05-31-2012 at 11:47 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: