Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default KG trade in the summer?

If the T-Wolves don't make the playoffs, The Knicks have a package that want to do with the T-Wolves to get the Big Ticket.

"An unsubstantiated internet rumor about Kevin Garnett and the Knicks highlights a package of Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford and a 2008 first-round pick. However, a league official said the Knicks have been quiet on the trade front recently." New York Post

Does anyone like this trade if it were to happen?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if it didn't involve frye, maybe
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Money aside, I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Garnett is an absolute beast. I just double checked his numbers and the last three years he has averged about 22 points, 13 rebounds and 4 assists. Those are scary numbers. Plus he is not a selfish star. If you guys are buying into Eddie Curry as the real deal than a Frontcourt featurine Curry and Garnett is scary.

The only downside would I guess be Garnett's age, he will be 31. So he is not that young and this is his 12th year in the league, so his shelf life not be as long as you would like.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default The Big Ticket is the wrong Investment

Garnett is great but he is both too old and not a "GO TO" guy down the stretch..Garnett tends to pass the ball instead of takin da ball to the basket at the end of games.

Another thing Garnett had a better roster then us a couple of years ago and he didnt take them any where.

Garnett would hurt the growth of Curry and Lee...and i think Frye helps all three of them prosper..they are all around the same age...I feel we should get a defensive 3 cuz Jeffries isnt cutting it...Butler had 27 on him and Arenas(who Marbury gaurded) had 16.

Jaric and Hudson suck so it wouldnt help with there big contracts.

OH YEH... Jamal is a bigtime player down the strectch of games..and we trade our depth and future and place our eggs in one basket..a basket that hasnt won a playoff series.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Frye, Lee, and Curry are out of the question. Replace Frye with Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins, AND a 2nd round pick, while we get Trenton Hassel.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Thomas is in a tough spot because he can't add significant payroll and won't trade his young guys, unless it's for a superstar.

Kevin Garnett qualifies. An unsubstantiated internet rumor about Garnett and the Knicks highlights a package of Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford and a 2008 first-round pick. However, a league official said the Knicks have been quiet on the trade front recently. . . . Jared Jeffries was booed in his Washington return each time he touched the ball. But he found his jumper, making three perimeter shots, finishing 3 of 5 for 6 points.

New York Post
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Interesting.

I'd give up Nate for him for sure, Jamal is one of my favorite knicks but we're getting KG which means he'll have to step up in clutch. I'll also trade Frye because David Lee is our Future Front court with Eddy Curry.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

If the Knicks keep Francis I wouldnt mind giving up Crawford Nate Frye (ideally include dead weight Rose or James)...
I would take KG and a Shooting Guard (wouldnt mind Ricky Davis but would settle for Hassell)...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Wow can anyone think for a sec

I dont think anyone is really thinking now with this team.
Curry Frye AND Lee will start at the end of the day.
Garnett isnt worth it i said y in this thread already.
Lee isnt a starting 4, he will revolutionize the 3 spot like Charles Smith did for us.
Except better

Last edited by Don Che : 01-19-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: KG trade in the summer?

I really hope that some how the Knicks can get KG. Marbury wouldn't mind having him back.

Stephon Marbury hopes to reunite with Kevin Garnett, but in New York -- not Minnesota. In saying he would frown upon a Minnesota encore, the Knicks guard yesterday added he hopes team president Isiah Thomas has success this summer if the Wolves make Garnett available.
-- New York Post

I think if the Knicks can get KG I think they can win the whole East.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
If the T-Wolves don't make the playoffs, The Knicks have a package that want to do with the T-Wolves to get the Big Ticket.

"An unsubstantiated internet rumor about Kevin Garnett and the Knicks highlights a package of Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford and a 2008 first-round pick. However, a league official said the Knicks have been quiet on the trade front recently." New York Post

Does anyone like this trade if it were to happen?

suprise suprise another kg trade thread its not like the have been going on for the past 10 years, kg wouldnt; agree to come to the knicks hes unhappy losing in min right now hes not going to agree to go to a team with a worse record, and we dont have enough pieces to get him anyway, frye is so overated they wont want him, they already have a billion guards they wont want robinson, they would ask for curry and lee.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Curry
Jeffries
Crawford
2nd round pick

for

KG
Hassell

I don't like the idea of getting rid of another 1st round pick. Isiah drafts so well, I feel like his draft picks are worth more than a normal pick...
If instead of Curry, we traded Frye and instead of Crawford, we traded Nate, I would be willing to give up the 1st round pick...

Last edited by skillswithaz : 04-08-2007 at 02:38 PM.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
Curry
Jeffries
Crawford
2nd round pick

for

KG
Hassell

I don't like the idea of getting rid of another 1st round pick. Isiah drafts so well, I feel like his draft picks are worth more than a normal pick...
If instead of Curry, we traded Frye and instead of Crawford, we traded Nate, I would be willing to give up the 1st round pick...

min wouldnt do that
Old 04-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't miss Robinson or Crawford. If Frye is involved it would suck but I'd get over it because it's freaking Kevin Garnett. Add James as a gift and I'll be loving the Knicks chances next year even more for a playoff spot maybe a run for the championship.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I wouldn't miss Robinson or Crawford. If Frye is involved it would suck but I'd get over it because it's freaking Kevin Garnett. Add James as a gift and I'll be loving the Knicks chances next year even more for a playoff spot maybe a run for the championship.

were not getting garnett, i just hope if hes traded its not to the bulls
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: