Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Peterson beats Harvin in uphill race

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...rsons-recovery

looks like he has recovered to me...elite speed returned
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Peterson beats Harvin in uphill race

Running in straight lines is nice and all, but what made Peterson great was his ability to stop on a dime, change direction and maintain his power/speed.

I hope he continues to progress, but we won't truly know if he's back to himself until he plays in a game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Running in straight lines is nice and all, but what made Peterson great was his ability to stop on a dime, change direction and maintain his power/speed.

I hope he continues to progress, but we won't truly know if he's back to himself until he plays in a game.
running up hill, at elite speeds on pace with Harvin, shows to me that he can put a lot of pressure on his knee without issue, he hasn't lost a step as far as speed is concerned...he will still have homerun ability

I posted a couple articles about how ACL surgery has progressed tremendously in just the past 5-10 years (of course others argued about that with me, or probably just GoBB)

Surgery for ACL repair is miles better than it used to be...technology for the win
Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There goes my name out of your mouth. And you're wrong, I didnt argue with you ACL.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

okay it might not have been...I'll maybe dig up that thread later
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

This.

Running in a straight line, or even up a hill, is a LOT different than shifting direction, shifting your weight on a dime, etc.

I hope he's 100% healthy, but like Carbine said, we won't know until he steps back onto the field in live action.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
okay it might not have been...I'll maybe dig up that thread later

You and JMT argued it because I believe if I'm not mistaken he's experienced ACL injuries and surgeries.

There is no it might not have been. It wasnt idiot.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
This.

Running in a straight line, or even up a hill, is a LOT different than shifting direction, shifting your weight on a dime, etc.

I hope he's 100% healthy, but like Carbine said, we won't know until he steps back onto the field in live action.

primetime knows...he's all knowing.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I am faithful he will be 100%...he is super human

and he will be a fantasy steal this year, I see him ranked past the top-10 in RBs in almost all net rankings I see because of his injury

can probably snag him in the 3rd round this year
Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:

and he will be a fantasy steal this year, I see him ranked past the top-10 in RBs in almost all net rankings I see because of his injury

It will be interesting to see where Charles and AP are taken
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
running up hill, at elite speeds on pace with Harvin, shows to me that he can put a lot of pressure on his knee without issue, he hasn't lost a step as far as speed is concerned...he will still have homerun ability

I posted a couple articles about how ACL surgery has progressed tremendously in just the past 5-10 years (of course others argued about that with me, or probably just GoBB)

Surgery for ACL repair is miles better than it used to be...technology for the win

Can you link me to said articles? It would be much appreciated. A friend of mine tore up his knee ligaments 6 weeks ago playing ball. Can barely walk right now
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Can you link me to said articles? It would be much appreciated. A friend of mine tore up his knee ligaments 6 weeks ago playing ball. Can barely walk right now
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/na...nia/id/5264106

^^^ lots of info in there about Welker's recovery

Quote:
We should not be shocked by what Welker was able to do just four months after undergoing surgery (and five months after the noncontact injury to his left knee, which also resulted in a medial collateral ligament sprain). Advances in surgical technique and rehabilitation, combined with hard work and the absence of any setbacks, have shortened the timetable for return to activity.

Welker tore his ACL...in just 4-5 months he came back to 100%

now check this out:

http://www.southjerseycenter.com/dow...Bernardini.pdf

Quote:
ACL reconstruction has evolved tremendously over the last
several years. This evolution has shown us that we have not yet achieved the optimal solution to the ACL deficient knee.

While the indication is generally accepted that an ACL tear in a young to middle aged person should be treated with surgical reconstruction, the specific techniques and materials that are used have undergone
some dramatic changes. Advanced techniques
now allow the procedure to be done in skeletally
immature athletes while sparing damage to the growth plate. Greater tissue testing and donor safety programs have allowed cadaver grafts (allografts)
to be utilized to a greater degree and with much improved safety parameters. Additionally, newer technologies and improved surgical techniques
have allowed the development of new concepts
for reconstruction including the “All-Inside” or “All-Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction, as well as the Double Bundle ACL reconstruction which uses 2 grafts to more closely mimic the native ACL function.

it isn't the same as it used to be...we have come a long way in a short time
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:

Only if you're in a league with a bunch of autistic turtles.

He'll be gone in twelve picks or less.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: