Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.
Default A new trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=d5mhbwz

This a way we can fill our two biggest needs!
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: A new trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=d5mhbwz

This a way we can fill our two biggest needs!

Remaining years are off by 1 year. I think we could do better but I would take it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The trick here would be convincing ATL that they aren't going to get the same value for Josh Smith. Probably might be the case.

This is a well thought out deal.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The trick here would be convincing ATL that they aren't going to get the same value for Josh Smith. Probably might be the case.

This is a well thought out deal.

That was my logic on the trade. I can't see anybody giving up anything better then this. The Rockets would probably throw in their 14 overall pick to make it work. That would help out a bunch. So the Rockets get Pau gasol, The Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Lowry, and Atlanta get Scola who is a savy player and the 14 overall draft pick from Houston. Maybe a couple of other things get thrown in but I think this could work because Atlanta know Josh Smith wants out.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k-Monster23
That was my logic on the trade. I can't see anybody giving up anything better then this. The Rockets would probably throw in their 14 overall pick to make it work. That would help out a bunch. So the Rockets get Pau gasol, The Lakers get Josh Smith and Kyle Lowry, and Atlanta get Scola who is a savy player and the 14 overall draft pick from Houston. Maybe a couple of other things get thrown in but I think this could work because Atlanta know Josh Smith wants out.

If they do that trade, realize the mess we're getting into, because you'll have Bynum and Josh Smith; two guys who love to shoot. Josh Smith and Bynum both trying to show boat, block shots.

I have always viewed Josh Smith as average to low IQ. He doesn't seem to know what he's doing after I saw some hawks games this season. Either that or he was just so disinterested that he did whatever the hell he wanted to do out there.

God we should have just traded Pau for Love 3 seasons ago lol.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
If they do that trade, realize the mess we're getting into, because you'll have Bynum and Josh Smith; two guys who love to shoot. Josh Smith and Bynum both trying to show boat, block shots.

I have always viewed Josh Smith as average to low IQ. He doesn't seem to know what he's doing after I saw some hawks games this season. Either that or he was just so disinterested that he did whatever the hell he wanted to do out there.

A good coach would dominate with those two however.......

Josh is not happy there, that is the problem. His I.Q. is perfectly fine and shouldn't be any concern to you.

I remember people saying that the Showtime Lakers were trying to showboat, too flashy too Hollywood, not Blue Collar enough like the Celtics..........I think things worked out just fine

Yeah....we'd have to trade Pau AND Bynum to get Love now...lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Quote:

I understand what you are saying on this. Let's just be honest what other choice do we have. These two season starting now are going to be very critical for the Lakers. If we really want to have a nice foundation after Kobe is done we need to have a legit player. So do we go with the homerun of Deron Williams, Rondo, Josh Howard, and Dwight Howard or we settle for Kyle Lowry and Scola or Iggy.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

I'd love this NBA2K, but I don't see anyway Atl would do this.
Smith for Scola and a pick? Though it would par down their payroll a bit.
Plus, Horford says he wants to play the 4, not the 5.
Good idea though.
Work on Atlanta and get er done!
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
Robster89

Quote:

I do understand what you are saying about smoove, but he has come a long way. He had a MONSTER year. He was hands down the best player on that talented team this season. The guy is a defensive beast. I don't think there is a faster player up and down the court in the NBA. He plays insane D, blocks shots, gets steals and flies in transition. He is exactly the kind of "new NBA" player Magic talked about. He can defend Lebron, Durant, Dirk, Blake etc, better than anyone. His athleticism is off the charts, that's why I like getting him and Ariza, their D and athleticism. He also has developed a solid jumper. Sucks from 3 though.

He also wants out, and wants to play for a elite franchise. I'm not saying this deal gets it done, but ATL's bargaining power will get lower as time passes. Maybe some young pieces and picks from Houston to ATL would get it done instead of Scola? Houston has 2 first rounders, decent young players lik Patterson, Budinger etc. ATL migh like that better than Scola, plus it reduces payroll.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Agreed. My specific concern is how he loves to take the 3pt shot and he shoots a very low 27.8%, pulling down is overall FG% at a paltry 46%. He had atleast 2 decent coaches already and he continued his keep taking those low % shots.
Ill rather have Luis Scola and his 51% and his 16 pts per game, provided that he is healthy ofcourse.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Trades are nice and could really help improve this team "that's what it's suppose to do" but if the coach/staff are so inconsisted how would any player help. Or would we bring in more talent and have a bad upcoming year then fire MB, would just be wasting KB time left on the court.

I personally don't like Josh Smith style, but Mitch needs to look at all avenue...Just wish he start with MB.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Agreed. My specific concern is how he loves to take the 3pt shot and he shoots a very low 27.8%, pulling down is overall FG% at a paltry 46%. He had atleast 2 decent coaches already and he continued his keep taking those low % shots.
Ill rather have Luis Scola and his 51% and his 16 pts per game, provided that he is healthy ofcourse.

We need to get younger not older with Scola we will be getting older. We need a player like Josh Smith because he will fit that system that Mike Brown has. We don't need to back to the basket kind of guys because it doesn't work they only get into each other way.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Trades are nice and could really help improve this team "that's what it's suppose to do" but if the coach/staff are so inconsisted how would any player help. Or would we bring in more talent and have a bad upcoming year then fire MB, would just be wasting KB time left on the court.

I personally don't like Josh Smith style, but Mitch needs to look at all avenue...Just wish he start with MB.

I like Mike Brown but he is not the man for the job. The Jim buss is not going to fire him though. If he do it maybe next year and that will be a wasted year for Kobe.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Robster89

[quote=NBA2k-Monster23]We need to get younger not older with Scola we will be getting older. We need a player like Josh Smith because he will fit that system that Mike Brown has. We don't need to back to the basket kind of guys because it doesn't work they only get into each other way.[/QUO

100% agree.
There is not one GM in this league who would take Scola over Smoove, sorry Tam.
I like Scola, but he's old, slow and not athletic, and doesn't play a lick of D.
The Lakers are already the slowest team in the league, we need to get younger, faster, and more athletic, not older, slower and less athletic.

Also, I agree with DK and everyone else about MB, but there is one thing to add. NBA2K is right that Jim is not going to fire him this year, so we have to live with him, unfortunately. Just remember that we had made the CP3 deal, and had that gone through the Lakers would have been a much faster team overall, and this talent would have fit what MB does much better. He has always relied on D and transition. As it happened, the CP3 deal was cancelled, and MB ended up inheriting PJ's team, which was built for a slow down triangle system. Plus, LO melted down and got traded, so the only other guy besides Kobe who fit MB's style of play was gone.

If we are going to keep MB, and we are at least for another year, we need the type of players who fit his style of play, and that means, young, fast, athletic and defensive minded. That's why I like JSmith and Ariza.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Yeah, Josh Smith's shooting % has always been a concern to me.....he hasn't improved a bit.....but hey, playing at PF not SF we don't need him to play on the outside.....Brown would have to figure this out (God help us!!!).

I prefer Scola too
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: