Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Arrow The Lakers Should Aggressively Pursue Lamar Odom This Offseason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMTElOeAWPA

I don't care about what he did last season, there is no one that reminds me more of Magic. The man belongs in purple and gold and needs to retire as a Laker

We only got the mini MLE so Kobe and Metta need to make their pitch as soon as possible.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
NBA2k-Monster23
Decent playground baller

NBA2k-Monster23 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: The Lakers Should Aggressively Pursue Lamar Odom This Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut

I don't care about what he did last season, there is no one that reminds me more of Magic. The man belongs in purple and gold and needs to retire as a Laker

We only got the mini MLE so Kobe and Metta need to make their pitch as soon as possible.

I don't want him back to be honest. The truth is he can't come back to the lakers into December anyway. Their will be tons of teams that will try to get him. I heard the Knicks and Clippers are two teams that plan to pursue.
NBA2k-Monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

We need a pg first...by trade or whatever. Odom at this point is an after though for us.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really don't think this is a good idea. I don't see him ever recovering from whatever it was that people call it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:

Did you actually compare the always hard working, always about the win, always playing smart, always smiling, Lakers Hall of Fame Legend with his number retired and a statue in front of Staples Center......among a ton of other accolades..........to Lamar Odom??????? Really?????????

I forgive you bro Now please slap yourself back to sanity.

I would take L.O. back....at a very small minimum.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Did you actually compare the always hard working, always about the win, always playing smart, always smiling, Lakers Hall of Fame Legend with his number retired and a statue in front of Staples Center......among a ton of other accolades..........to Lamar Odom??????? Really?????????

I forgive you bro Now please slap yourself back to sanity.

I would take L.O. back....at a very small minimum.

Sure, their playstyles are pretty similar to me. How many 6'10 guys in this league can rebound the ball, handle the rock on a fast break, make fancy passes or take it coast to coast? His all around game, scoring, passing and rebounding reminds me of Magic's.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Sure, their playstyles are pretty similar to me. How many 6'10 guys in this league can rebound the ball, handle the rock on a fast break, make fancy passes or take it coast to coast? His all around game, scoring, passing and rebounding reminds me of Magic's.

I was at almost every home game of Magic's career.......this is like comparing a good 6 year old to Steve Nash or you compared to Tony Parker Or comparing me driving 85 on the freeway to a top Nascar driver. I assume...hope, you are too young to have seen Magic play.
Come on man!!!!!!!!!!!! What's next Luke Walton > Dennis Rodman
Be better than that bro
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I was at almost every home game of Magic's career.......this is like comparing a good 6 year old to Steve Nash or you compared to Tony Parker Or comparing me driving 85 on the freeway to a top Nascar driver. I assume...hope, you are too young to have seen Magic play.
Come on man!!!!!!!!!!!! What's next Luke Walton > Dennis Rodman
Be better than that bro

I can see Ballsout's point. He never said Odom is a future hall of famer or anything like that. The guy is 6-10, can rebound and is fast enough to run, dribble court to court and can pass etc. I know there were a lot other aspects where Magic is so much better like IQ, heart etc but he merely pointed out SOME of his attributes.
Odom was good enough to beat other 6th men like Ginobli, Harden etc so he was not exactly like Luke Walton.

In light of Pau's 2 straight disppointing playoff runs, trading Gasol for a star PG and getting Odom to ease Pau's absense(he is a good Bynum feeder) I think can work

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 06-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I can see Ballsout's point. He never said Odom is a future hall of famer or anything like that. The guy is 6-10, can rebound and is fast enough to run, dribble court to court and can pass etc. I know there were a lot other aspects where Magic is so much better like IQ, heart etc but he merely pointed out SOME of his attributes.
Odom was good enough to beat other 6th men like Ginobli, Harden etc so he was not exactly like Luke Walton.

In light of Pau's 2 straight disppointing playoff runs, trading Gasol for a star PG and getting Odom to ease Pau's absense(he is a good Bynum feeder) I think can work
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Say what you want but please don't bring up Magic's name in a comparison....it just seems silly, to put it kindly.

Odom couldn't make passes like Magic in his dreams......Puh-lease!!!! Lamar could Never dream of shooting like Magic Come on man......this is just

Just praise LO without going there.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Say what you want but please don't bring up Magic's name in a comparison....it just seems silly, to put it kindly.

Odom couldn't make passes like Magic in his dreams......Puh-lease!!!! Lamar could Never dream of shooting like Magic Come on man......this is just

Just praise LO without going there.

Watch the video and tell me some of Lamar's passes are Magic-esque on the fast break. I simply said Lamar reminded most me of Magic. What's wrong with this statement?

You can nitpick here and there and say oh Lamar could never dream of passing like Magic blah blah blah. I could say the same thing. Magic could never dream of rebounding like Lamar. Don't make it into a 1v1 comparison dude. You're reading WAY too much into it.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Watch the video and tell me some of Lamar's passes are Magic-esque on the fast break. I simply said Lamar reminded most me of Magic. What's wrong with this statement?

You can nitpick here and there and say oh Lamar could never dream of passing like Magic blah blah blah. I could say the same thing. Magic could never dream of rebounding like Lamar. Don't make it into a 1v1 comparison dude. You're reading WAY too much into it.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:

What? LO made 1 or 2 great passes and now he's like Magic
Smush Parker made better passes than LO.......where is he now?
LO = in the top 1,000 to ever play? NO
Magic in the top 5-10 YES

Me, I ran through water........now call me Jesus

I'm not nitpicking, putting Magic's name out there with LO makes no sense at all.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
What? LO made 1 or 2 great passes and now he's like Magic
Smush Parker made better passes than LO.......where is he now?
LO = in the top 1,000 to ever play? NO
Magic in the top 5-10 YES

Me, I ran through water........now call me Jesus

I'm not nitpicking, putting Magic's name out there with LO makes no sense at all.

I fail to see what Smush Parker has to do with this thread. If you want to use that as a point, provide some video evidence. But I bet it's pretty hard to find any, because it probably never happened. Keep reaching though.

Jesus didn't run through water, he walked on top of it. Fail analogy.

I, and many others, have continually put Magic and LO's name in the same sentence based on their familiar playstyles. If you got a problem, deal with it.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
I fail to see what Smush Parker has to do with this thread. If you want to use that as a point, provide some video evidence. But I bet it's pretty hard to find any, because it probably never happened. Keep reaching though.

Jesus didn't run through water, he walked on top of it. Fail analogy.

I, and many others, have continually put Magic and LO's name in the same sentence based on their familiar playstyles. If you got a problem, deal with it.

DUH......the Jesus thing was very clearly a joke come on you can't be that.....????

You and kids who didn't see Magic play probably DO use LO and Magic in the same sentence......KIDS
Similar play styles??? Ok, whatever you kids say
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: